Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default YES!! 1.4 lbs lost!!

I'm glad to finally kick the dang scale and lose over a pound this week!

I realize I won't make my goal of 164 lbs and being officially normal weight by BMI standards by the time my Memorial Day weekend trip vacation comes up since I'd need to lose 2.4 lbs per week now on average to make that goal.

So my goal now is to get into better shape via weights and learn how to start running so I can have some good aerobic workouts in and out of my hotel room in the mornings I'm on vacation for Memorial Day weekend (*I won't have access to a gym then*)!

My exercise treat this week is to start working on my abs and if I can, then start using jackie warner's dvd for weight lifting. (*If not, then next week.)

I realize that staring weight lifting may lessen my ability to lose more weight for the short term, but eh, in the longer run it'll help me BURN more calories and I'll feel better about myself too!

Still, for this moment, I'm happy that I LOST 1.4 lbs after working HARD on the treadmill this past week ... and that I AM LOSING weight!!!! It's REALLY WORKING!!

Plus, I'm also thrilled in an earlier post I wrote this past weekend that my butt is also getting smaller too

~ tea

PS: my inspiration for today? A wonderful female empowerment film entitled "Fighter" directed by Natasha Arthy (an indie film but available on comcast via the indie channel) ... Yes, it's a kung fu film but it's choreographed by the same people who did "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" so the stunts are beautiful and not violent. There's something just so inspiring about fluid, graceful movements that inspires me to keep trying to exercise even when I don't want to Plus the music reminds me of the film "Run Lola Run"

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-09-2009 at 04:01 PM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I was looking at your previous weight and at your current weight....wow girl you are an inspiration! Congrats on the weight loss!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

Congrats on the loss!!!
krock614 is offline   Reply With Quote