I've fallen off the wagon...BIG time.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • after a 12.5 weight loss and making it thru saturday night at the best burger restaurant.. i lost it last night-- started w/ hubbys homemade pizza-- then, had chips and cheese dip- then popcorn w/ butter.

weighed myself this morning.. gained 5 lbs overnight.

so, im so disgusted.. that i just ate 2 more pieces of pizza and more chips/cheese.

i feel so worthless. god. i can't even stick to healthy eating for 2 weeks.. yesterday would have been 2 weeks.

my stomach is so bloated right now and im crying as i type this.

why do i do this to myself? i was finally fitting into my size 12 jeans and startin to feel a little attractive again.

i
  • just get back on.... it's the only way

I am very familiar with that ba$tard called self sabotage also. you will kick it's butt.

just get back on the wagon... right now
  • oh lord, I was JUST wanting to post something so similar to this.

I have been really good for weeks now, and especially good for the last two weeks.

Last night we went to White Spot and although I had a grilled chicken burger with no sauce, etc., I had some sweet potato fries and then I had their sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Granted, I shared it with my boyfriend, but STILL.

So...feeling very guilty today, but ready to just move on. What else can you do?

Plus, you couldn't have gained 5 lb overnight, it's probably all water retention from all the salty food!

Don't worry, just start fresh today and never mind (at least, that's what I'm telling myself!) Life happens. Whateves. Let's just move forward.

~CGH~
  • get back up!! you know what you did wrong and you admitted that you did it to yourself. so now's the time to just suck it up and realize that one bad day isn't total failure. but the longer you keep trying to make yourself feel better with food, the longer it will take you to get where you're going!

so start right this minute. go make a salad, go run around the block, go lift some weights... whatever you need to do. you can do this! i believe in you! we ALL do!!
  • Drink lots of water. Eat mostly veggies and lean protein for a week and you'll be OK.
  • We fail so we can learn from our mistakes. You can't take it back so...chin up, shoulders back and move on. You can do it!!!
  • Yeah, you did not gain 5lbs overnight, it's probably just water retention from all of the salt. This is a minor blip and happens to everyone... just get back on now!! You can do this.
  • thank you everyone- i had already canceled my workout w/ my friend at 4pm b/c i couldnt face the treadmill- but i just called her and said its BACK ON. thank you... i really needed to know people were out there right now. thank you for taking the time to help a stranger.
  • Way to go Sheltie! I'm so glad to hear you're getting back into it. THIS is what weight loss is really about--picking yourself up when you fall and keeping going. That's the "meat" of this process. You just met your first challenge! You could have quit, but you're not going to. Go show that treadmill who's boss.

• Don't give up! I used to do this all the time... give up when I had a bad day. I used these failures as an excuse to not have to do the work. Don't fall for that trap. One bad day does not a diet ruin.

I have a mantra I use on bad days... "Fall down seven times, get up eight"

It's not falling down that leads to failure. We ALL fall down. It's staying down.

GET UP!!!!! You can DO this! I believe in you.

Peace, Heather

Edited to add: Way to go!!!!!!
  • Don't give up! You should really read this. http://avidityfitness.net/2008/02/01...-for-fat-loss/ I posted it up a while ago and people really like it. It really inspired me to push my self.

sheltielover remember hust because you messed up doesn't mean you have to give up. Being all or nothing is what gets us in trouble. Good luck
  • Everyone messes up. Everyone. But the difference between the people who reach their goals and the people who don't is whether or not they get back on their plan. You control your next move.
  • Just pick yourself up and start back. You can do this. Like everyone else said sodium will kill you with water weight. Just get back on track.
  • Quote: I have a mantra I use on bad days... "Fall down seven times, get up eight"
    Weird! I just learned this quote last week from my Japanese friend!

~CGH~
  • Don't give up! I was feeling the same way today. I late night ate last night and then went to lunch with my daughter and had nachos!!! Why? So I was feeling crappy and then I get encouraged from everyone here and hope you do too. I am also headed to the gym now!!!!