Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #31  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I had two babies in two years and have the battle scars to prove it. Before having children, I tanned in a tanning bed. I had the most beautiful white dolphin jumping over my belly button--(I put a stricker there each time I tanned). Well, now my button is demolished, my dolphin has long since swam away and I will never show my tummy again. I try not to worry too much about my stretch marks. Clothing covers them well most of the time. I am considering a tummy tuck but I don't know if the surgery will improve them or not.

As to your boyfriend's mother--YUCK. I hate women that can only feel good while they are standing on someone else's back. WTH was she thinking? Sorry, I just have a bad taste in my mouth for leeches like that! My own MIL has said for years, "I was 112 when I was married and I am 112 now." Well, that's great and all but SHE LOOKS LIKE A BULLDOG!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #32  
nerd

S/C/G: 185/183/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
"I was 112 when I was married and I am 112 now." Well, that's great and all but SHE LOOKS LIKE A BULLDOG!
Lol, Thanks I really needed to laugh today .. to think about it.. she does kind of resemble a.. .. nevermind
Fattycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #33  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

From the age of 21-23 I gained 125 lbs and went through 2 pregnancies and I have stretch marks all over my body. I have come to terms with them a lot, not all the way but I don't cry and turn away when I see them. Mine are all about skin color now but still visible since they are wide and long. It makes me feel good to know that so many people have them. I think it is pretty normal to have some stretch marks.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 8"

I had tons of stretch marks on my breasts, hips and thighs when I went through puberity and I remember being so self concious about them for years. But then they faded and I forgot all about them. Then I got new ones from my rapid weight gain a few years ago on my love handles and on the insides of my thighs and I'm self concious again. But they are fading and I am slowly but surely shrinking and I'm sure I'll become indifferent to them in the near future as well.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #35  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Oh good lord, I have them all over - some are more noticeable than others. I had my kids 20 months apart and gained way too much weight with the first one, so I have them from under my breasts to under my belly button and they're bad. I also have them on my thighs, behind my knees, breasts and light ones on my arms. I'm pretty sure I'll never wear a bikini again but at least one day I will feel great about being in a bathing suit!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/159/130

Height: 5'5"

Doe anyone on here have stretch marks that are NOT from pregnancy??? I've never been pregnant or had a baby. My stretch marks are just from being FAT. How gross. When you have stretch marks from pregnancy, keep in mind that you've only held onto that weight for 9 months. What if you've been overweight for 9 years? Do 9 year old stretch marks fade like pregnancy ones do? One of my friends told me that her stretch marks from pregnancy went went away, and she didn't put any cream on them or anything. I put cream on mine, and nothing is really happening.
RollTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'8

Sweetie don't worry, they will fade with time and they will get better. I just cant believe how rude she was too you. I can guarantee you that she dose have stretch marks. She aint NO WONDER WOMAN, (and I even bet Wonder woman has some too..lol)
Hun growing up i had stretch marks on my lower back and still do but its part of your body. They do fade an fill in a little with time. We are all human and it happens. We all have them, but just know that you, and I and everyone on here are still beautiful!!!

SO SMILE
Cece

Last edited by Iluvruiz; 02-04-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Iluvruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #38  

I think her reaction was very rude...and it reminds me of my mother in law!! Just flat out rude and dont know how to talk to people! I know very few people with no stretch marks. Even my 20 year old sister in law have stretch marks!

So keep your head up.
kandiapplred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

That was really rude what she said to you. Completely un-called for!! Ugh people like her make me very mad!!

Anywho, I forget that I have strech marks, they are there, they will always be there just lighter and I deal with them. It will always be a reminder of how far you have come!

Keep your head up and dont let people like you BF's mother get you down, she must not be comfortable with herself or she wouldnt have said that!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote