3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   An OMG YAY moment (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/163047-omg-yay-moment.html)

Altari 01-29-2009 05:01 PM

An OMG YAY moment

I'll start off by saying that I have NOT in any way, shape or form been "dieting" during my pregnancy. I've watched what I ate, yes, but only to ensure I wasn't overloading myself with sugar since I'm at a higher risk for gestational diabetes.

OK, my little disclaimer aside, I'm going to rambling brag.

We stopped by Old Navy because they have an extra 50% off clearance sale going on. I figured I'd buy a bunch of size 18 jeans (what I wore pre-pregnancy, and, amazingly, am still wearing despite my sizable belly) and just sew in the maternity panel. We didn't find ANY size 18s. On the rack was the exact same jeans I was wearing (just a size 16), and my mom said just to get those and we'd chop off the waist band. We also bought a few pair of XL maternity pants for $4/piece, and just decided to do the tailoring.

Well, well, well...lo behold, we get home, and I try on the size 16s to see where we'll have to chop. They fit - like a friggen glove. That's right. At 5 months pregnant, I have somehow, magically, gotten a size smaller than I was at the start of my pregnancy. Back in August, a size 16 wouldn't even come up over my hips.

It's bizarre. I HAVE gained weight, and at a pace that my OB is thrilled with. Baby is growing wonderfully - we just had an ultrasound and it showed baby to be exactly where it should be for 20 weeks.

The clothing size gods have finally smiled upon me. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

erinmagill 01-29-2009 05:23 PM

Awww! I wish I had of had the same happen to me during my pregnancy! But, instead I gained 75lbs! Im so happy to hear that your ultrasound went great and you are obviously feeling great yourself!
Good luck to you!

Jenni 01-29-2009 05:26 PM

The same thing happened to me in pregnancy. People kept telling me I looked smaller from behind and my son did take some of my *** away. Unfortunately, he gave it to my belly!

That is great that you are down a size. I did the same thing, watched what I ate because I was a big girl to begin with. I only gained 13 pounds in my pregnancy and my son was 9 lbs. 13 1/2 oz. so in fact, I did lose weight. It is funny how much easier it is to eat healthy when there is another person involved!!

beerab 01-29-2009 06:07 PM

Wtg!

JayEll 01-29-2009 06:50 PM

WOW! You must be so stoked by that! :cheer2: Good for you!

Jay

fatmad 01-29-2009 09:35 PM

way to go, you are doing fabulous. I have seen this frequently in my practice, women who eat better and exercise more regularly, will either lose weight, gain just enough (research suggest about 15-20 lb ideal for those who start out overweight or obese) and do well. You are helping yourself prevent gestational diabetes and giving your baby a great start. You will be in good shape to get thru the work of labour, and to recover afterward. Good fitness is also the best c-section preventative.
good luck with baby.

BarbPA 01-29-2009 09:52 PM

That's fantastic! :) I've wondered how you've been doing, it's great to see you popping in. Wishing you a continued healthy and happy pregnancy!:D

inspired by you 01-29-2009 10:03 PM

Way to go! You will definitely be thanking yourself for this after the baby gets here. Keep up the good work.

savanahfloc 01-30-2009 12:47 AM

Congrats on several levels! Congrats for not gaining 100lbs, congrats for getting smaller, and congrats for the one on the way. Sounds exciting all around!!!

Jen415 01-30-2009 08:44 AM

Congrats! It must be from all that good eatin'!!

Lori Bell 01-30-2009 09:21 AM

That is GREAT! I used both of my pregnancies as a license to eat, and that didn't do me or baby any good! I'm glad to see you take a sensible approach to this pregnancy and gaining weight in all the right places, and losing it everywhere else!!

Altari 01-30-2009 03:34 PM

:D

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

We've added those amazing jeans to the "keep for post-pregnancy" pile, and will be maternitizing the 18s (since I won't be needing them afterward :P)

UglyFatFriend 01-30-2009 03:45 PM

Awesome!!

Eves 01-30-2009 04:40 PM

Wow, congratulations on your pregnancy and on losing a size!

Never thought those two would go in the same sentence. That's amazing!

Keep it up! Keep it up! Keep it up!