300+ And Ready To Try Again....#167

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning fellow chickies
    Hope I don't gross anybody out but I found out that my body is more flexable at least my legs are

I work today from 9-5. I decided not to apply for the Branch Managers job it is a 30 mile drive and just pays minimum wage for 12 hours a week so it's not worth it. Our library needs me more.

There are going to be people from headquarters at the library today. We are getting a new Branch Manager. I am going to dress up a little. It gives me a chance to wear nicer clothes.

Well I'll run now be back later.
  • Sushi- now that would be a diet I could lose weight on!!!!

I have a sore throat and cough

Tomorrow is the local Syetten da Mai (Norwegian Independence Day) celebration but they are predicting pouring rain, so who knows if I will get to that.

I can't wait until this day hits 5PM...It's hard working when you don't feel good.

I blame my job...I never got sick until I took this job!!!!!
  • Rise and shine !!!!!!
    Good morning dear friends. Here it is FUN FRIDAY !!!!!!
    I don't know about today being fun.... housework, housework, houswork.
    BUT...Saturday my oldest daughter graduates from college with a degree in Industrial Engineering. She is second in her class.. and only missed being first by something like .02. Saturday is going to be my Fun Friday. She thouroghly enjoyed her college experience and is staying to complete her Masters Degree. I am sooooo PROUD of her.

I have to clean all day because my sister is coming here today and going to graduation with us tomorrow. I haven't cleaned house since last Thursday ...that's when my daughter came home. We just focused on having fun together.

Prism.. turtle cheesecake has a wonderful cheesecake with a crust made with graham crackers and finely chopped nuts, with carmel and chocolate drizzled and a couple of decorative whipped cream on top too.
    Do you know of turtle chocolates??? It is sort of like that....chocoalte, carmel, nuts.

Mary... it took me a few minutes to figure out that "flexible legs" statement. I have been accused of being a natural blonde many times. LOL

Lucky... I am with you.... I would be skin and bones if I had to live on sushi. I tried iit once... andd that was enough. LOL
    It was a fear factor more than the flavor.
    I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

I am sooo GRATEFUL that I am still ON PROGRAM !!!!!!!!
    I am going to keep sharing this fact because it is only from all of you sharing with me when you are on program. I cannot tell you how many many times I felt totally hopeless. I would read that YOU were on program and that would give me hope that if you could do it..... so could I. Thank you so much. Susie... I know how frustrated you are with your slow loss....but your perserverence and your baby steps have really really helped me.
    But I must confess... this string of successful days are due to all of the above and the ladies on the other site that said....."I do not cheat".
    My affirmation everyday is... "They do not cheat.... I do not cheat."
    I love you all. I am off to clean, clean, clean.
  • Hi gang...

Oh what a beautiful day....sunny, going up to low 70s. More gardening for me! I should concentrate my efforts INSIDE but ...I don't want to! OK, maybe whatever I can get done this morning and that's it...I'm off now til Monday night...AHHHHH!

The comedy club was fun...we got there after the other couples did...and almost had to sit right up front...we had second thoughts about that! Kinda glad we moved too, because everyone right up front was a target!! It's nice to get out and play every once in a while!

I don't want to spend all morning on the computer...so I'll make this quick...yeah, REAL quick, it took me 2 hours, on and off, in between laundry and tidying to get this post out!

Mary, Good move...they would have to pay me BIG $$$ to drive 30 miles to work...my job is 3.3 miles away and I still have problems getting there on time!

2cute...I'm glad your visit went well...good job passing on the cheesecake! Last night, after dinner, the waiter suggested coffee and Key Lime Pie ...uuuhhhhh, NO THANKS, I managed to sputter...(inside I was screaming YES PLEASE!!!) no small victory for me!

Malia...my son stayed at my sister's last night so I didn't have my SpongeBob partner this morning...@ 8:30, I was ready for him anyway, but I came here instead... Your mother is lucky to have you, how sweet you are! How was the sushi? BTW great stats...keep it up!

Lucky...hope you feel better...I have a sore throat/earache thing happening...not terrible, but enough to be annoying...I hope that you can make the celebration tomorrow and that the sun comes out... "The sun'll come out tomorrow...betcha bottom dollar that Tomorrow, there'll be sun..." Geez, even my fingers burst into song!

Susie...fingers are crossed for you...you sound very determined...you go girl! Come on 50 lb *!

Thin...I'm glad your hair didn't fall out...I LOVE lilacs...I planted one a few years ago, but it never took off...take a big sniff for me, please!

Theresa, I hope the tornados passed you by...and that you are feeling better! Congrats on the great evaluation!

Baylee...come on back to the boards...to **** with the nosy niece!

Michelle and Tina, where the heck are you?

I don't think I missed anyone...if so, I'm sorry...I must get some stuff done around here...have a great day everyone...

• Hi All...

It 's me, Syn, for being AWOL for so long....Tried to keep up on a lot of the posting...but haven't been a regular on here for far too long...I am sorry.

I haven't felt like I had much to contribute and it is kind of like church when you stop going one Sunday it is easier to stay home the next! But you know you you feel a little guilty if you do stay away! I know like my church, I need your friendship and fellowship/support.

Thing is I can't get too enthused about anything yet..still unsettled in my personal life and I have a real tendancy to withdraw and isolate. I am forcing myself to do things and I hope you understand. I realize that everyone has a story this isn't a pity party...it is just me being me.

It is so neat to have you all here who know what a struggle it is to keep from gaining and what a joy it is to lose.but what I see most from reading your posts is your courage and your humor and dignity as women! Love you all...

Know that I am around but I won't be posting much until things settle down more in my chaotic life.

~Syn~
  • Hey!

I haven't died, I just like NEVER have time to do anything on the computer except write papers. Well, I guess that is an exageration because I know you ALL have busy lives and for me to infer that mine is busier is a bit arrogant. Let's just say I have a hard time concentrating on more than one thing at once. Like, going to college and dieting for example. UGH. All you do is snack because you can't eat a meal unless you get off your butt and walk down to the cafeteria. But I took my last final two days ago, and here I am ;-)

Yeah, I have a feeling my *** will have to squeeze in that seat, LOL. Airlines really weren't meant to accomodate larger people,eh? I was reading some thread on the internet over the debate of expanding the seats a bit. Jeez, some of those people are really hostile.."why should I spend more money on my ticket cause you like the taste of gravy?" Ouch...LOL.

I am hoping to shed a few pounds before my trip...or at the very least, get a LITTLE bit back into shape so that all the running around won't be a shocker to my body.

I have a feeling I will be posting a lot here, since um...well I live in a town with less than 2,000 people and all my friends are graduating ::sniffle:: I am a semester behind them all because I decided to switch majors at the last minute...:-D

Anyways..Grannie and thinthinker..nice to talk to you two again!! :-D
  • Just a quickie to let you know I haven't fallen off the earth yet!

I want to take my little guy outside for a bit since the weather is good.

I have been struggling to stay OP but its so hard right now for some reason!

I'll try and catch up to you all later.

Tina...you better come out and post girlfriend!

Michelle
  • New person,....
    Hello to all,
    I'm new here, but feel like I know all of you because I've been 'lurking' for a long time.
    You guys have already helped me and didn't even know it. I've found you all to be so inspiring. I've found a group who admits to experiencing the same things and feelings that I have.
    I thank you so very much.

I'll be back later to post more, but I have some work to do now so got to go. Arielle
  • Welcome Arielle...
    Always room for more in our little circle of friends...glad to have you aboard!

Michelle...hang in there, girlfriend...just keep coming back to us. We all have our highs and lows ...you'll get through the rough spot, as we all have...we are here for you!

MissMeliss...Hey, good to see you're still out there...

I'm off to the bank, gotta pay some bills...

See you later...
  • Hello all

Welcome Arielle You will like it here.

Hi MissMeliss Glad to have you back we missed you.

Welcome back Syn glad your back

Work was good today. We still don't have a branch manager the one we thought was going to take it backed out. so we are still in limbo. But that may mean more hours for me.

See all of you tomorrow.
  • Syn, I have missed you….I do the same thing “tendency to withdraw and isolate”. I really enjoy being alone also, which doesn’t help me in other areas of my life. Couldn’t you just say “Hi” each day because we are all here for you. Look at the things we have had to listen too about 2Cute’s body!!! NOT that I want anyone to have 2Cute’s accidents but I do feel I know her better after listening to her talk about them. So, type away whenever you want to.

Melissa, no sympathy from me….the closest town to me has 352 people. They actually call it a hamlet.

Arielle, welcome. We are sooooo happy to have you join us and share your life with us.

Everyone CHEER…..it’s 54 here.
  • just little (?) ol' me again...
    Good evening all...

Just popping in to say hi...traffic is rather light here today...everyone must be off doing "Fun Friday" stuff...I'm still actually debating with myself about going to the gym,,,it's open til 11, I have nothing going on here...dh is working, I'm visualizing a good workout and then perhaps some time in the steam room...a leisurly shower, slather myself up with something that smells pretty and home to do some reading....that sounds nice. Of course I could just walk the dog briskly around the neighborhood and come home to a nice bubble bath...nah, I really don't like sitting in the tub, feel like I have to scrub it out first and by then the muse will have left me. See, this is how I get nothing done...I sit and debate with myself about what I could be doing, what I should be doing instead, why I can't do either and fritter away the time that I could have been doing what I talked myself out of!

Hey...it aint easy being me!

So just to prove myself wrong, (I'm spiteful too) I'm going to the gym! You talked me into it! I shall return to report about my fabulous workout! By the way, I've had a great OP day and have even been to Curves...I have all of you to thank...just keeping myself accountable to you guys is a tremendous help...see how you convinced me to go to the gym?

to be continued...
  • I did it!
    Well, I did it...I got to the gym around 9:45...what a LOVELY time to go! There was only one other person on the treadmill, turns out she works with me! I was on there for about 1/2 hour, did about 2o minutes worth of upper body machines, showered and was home in little more than an hour's time! I got to thinking that I should start going on nights that I have to work, I can bring my scrubs and go right to work from there...hmmm...something to ponder...

So, there you have it...a red letter day for me...just have to string a few together on a regular basis and I'll be on my way!

What does everyone have planned for Mother's Day? My hubby is working nights all weekend, so I think the kids and I will take a ride down to see Mom and Dad after church. My brother is home from the hospital...he's fine...just a scare, but hey, you never know...

Well, the echo in here is really loud, I guess I'll go nigh' night...

Hope to see LOTS of posts tomorrow...I can only read my own so many times!

See ya!
  • Hello
    Hi Girls,
    2cute, I can imagine how proud you are of your daughter, and well you should be. It's so nice that you two are so close. Great job staying faithful (no cheating!) lately. And when you're done cleaning your house, you can come and do mine. I have that ahead of me tomorrow morning, as I'm having company this weekend.

Malia, I just know your Mother is going to be delighted with your gifts to her. She has a wonderful, thoughtful daughter.
    What does sushi taste like? I see it in a store that's near me, but I'd never have the nreve to try it. It's raw fish, isn't it? And it looks like they've got cream cheese or something rolled up in it. Anyway, if you like it, I hope you enjoyed it. I like your idea of cleaning up a section of highway. That would be some good exercise. I'll have to check into that and see if there's a group to get in with.

Well now, Mary, just look at what you can do with 40 less pounds on your body! You
    you! You GO girl!
    I'd love to be able to dress up and feel like, or KNOW that, I looked attractive again. I'm going to keep telling myself how Mary can dress up now and feel good wearing nice dress-up clothes. I'm gonna do it too some day. Just watch.

Lucky, I hope you're feeling better. I agree with you. A job can cause illness, if it's stressful, especially. I think it's suppose to rain here this weekend too. I was hoping for good weather over the weekend so we could have a cook out.

Kat, Good job there passing on the lime key pie.
    Your evening out sounds so enviable. I haven't done that in years. But,........ as soon as I get at least SOME of this weight off, I'm going to do it again. It's good for the soul!...AND your health.

Syn, I think it's a move toward healing ourselves if we can talk things out, even if it's writing them out. Anything you post is a contribution, actually. You might not think so, but it might help someone else to realize something going on in their life. I'm glad to meet you, and look forward to posting with you.

I better split this up, because I don't know how much you can put in a post. I'll be back. Arielle
  • Hello again,
    OK now, where was I?....

Hi MissMeliss. Can we call you Mel? Did I see that in one of your posts? I'm glad you're going to be posting on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to 'talking' with you.

Michelle, you know, when you're having the roughest time is when you need to write it all out here so we can 'maybe' help. At least we can try. I know what you mean though. Sometimes you don't know yourself what's going on inside of you.
    This will pass. Stay with us.

Tina, where are you? I've been lurking and I remember that you had a fantastic loss. You are doing so wonderfully. Come and talk to us.

Susie, when do you have your weigh-in? I hope you hit that 50 lb. mark. I'm saying a little prayer for that to happen.

Theresa, how are you feeling? I hope your weather is better today. How are you doing on your food and exercise program? Let us know how you're feeling and doing.

Thin, how are you doing? I think it was yesterday that I read a post where you were telling Michele that you were having a rough day. I hope you got through it ok, and come talk with us.

Duckie, how are you doing? If eating a little at a time works for you, that's great! Whatever does the trick. Ain't so? Post and let us know .We care.

Well, I guess I can get off of here.
    I had a really good day today. I ate really healthy foods, and in the right amounts, for a change.
    I think I'm going to try something for a week. I'm going to put an equal amount of whatever I eat into a gallon-size zip lock bag, and see how that amount of food adds up. I think we're suppose to eat an amount equal to our stomach size, aren't we? And our stomach is suppose to be the size of our fist when it's full? Holy cow! I bet I'd lose weight FAST if that's the case and I actually did it! Do that 3 times a day, and then a piece of veg. or fruit for a snack a couple times. I'm curious though, to see if I'd feel satisfied with that amount at a sitting.
    Anyway, I'm out of here. Talk with you all later! Arielle