Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Thumbs down "A picture's worth a thousand words" when will my words stop looking like #$&@#$@!

So I have been bragging a few times that I'm coming out of hiding here and am going to post some before and present pictures. I see goal and mini goal pics on this site. I see people posting on them. But do you see mine...NO!
I recently received a pic from a co~worker that made me realize I do look a little different. That and the new year and seeing other people's pics is what got me ready to post mine. But again do you see them...NO!!
I borrowed a camera from my mother and retrieved a cute bra and panty set that I couldn't wear anymore. But now it fit it was cute! I figure if I'm gonna post pics might as well be wearing something that will definitely show the changes on my body. DID I MENTION MY PICS ARE NOT POSTED!?!?! So camera in hand, cute set on body..snap snap snap....OMG!!! where did the cute set go????
Sigh I so wanted to be a strong woman and post these darn things but here I lay in bed a weenie! Looks like tomorrow I will be trying to find an outfit to take present pics in! Sigh
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in there disgruntled...i bet you look great..you just have a self image. Besides..we never look good in photos. I can't imagine you not looking good dropping from 195 to 161. you have done awesome. Let's see those pics...i bet you can't see how good you really look!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  
Back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 243/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi, disgruntled--

I agree with Gatorgal--it's probably just your own body image in your head doesn't let you see how great you look. 195 to 161 is awesome--I know I'll feel like a BONE when I get to that weight!

Here's an idea. Maybe the bra and panties is just too big a step for your first photos. How about doing a 1-piece swimsuit, or a leotard or something, instead?

Laurie
itsux2bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/115/120

Height: 5'1"

You are brave! I wouldn't be able to post pics of myself in my bra and underwear. When I get dressed for work, I choose clothes that mask my flaws--my skirt makes my waist look tiny, and my curves look curvier, and covers my belly, which is where, I hope, my last seven pounds will come off. In bra and undies, you can see my shape as it really is, flaws and all. I don't think I'm bold enough to do that, maybe not even when I reach goal--and I'm pretty bold! I agree with itsux2Bfat--but I suggest, maybe start in your workout gear? Mine still shows my body, still shows where I've lost, but allows me to hide my flaws a little better. Plus I always feel good when I'm working out, so I'm always confident in my workout clothes.
nakedmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #5  
No description available.

You don't have to post your pictures, of course. You can take them and have them at home for yourself. I like the before and after pictures too but I know some people have had problems ranging from harassment to having them stolen and put on another site. As warm and fuzzy as 3FC is most of the time, we live in a big, cold world with weirdos.

Last edited by midwife; 01-04-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't post in a bra and panties either. But I do want to buy a bikini (swimsuit) and takes pics in that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote