How many Military wives do we have?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been married to my husband for almost 10 years, He is a Chief in the Navy and has been in for 16 and 1/2 yrs We are on Shore duty right now but we only have a a year left then its back to sea duty till retirement.
  • I married a former enlisted man. I know that doesn't exactly count since he's not and never was career. He earned two purple hearts and a bronze star in combat, but didn't re-up or get stop lossed. So while I don't know the separation periods a military wife knows, I'm well versed in the aftermath of the overseas combat tour.

My brother was career air force and has been deployed overseas twice. I'm really close with my sister in law and I saw what she went through when he went away. He left as a captain (he was a medic and did technology acquisitions for the TRI CARE system) and got a job with the VA basically doing the exact same thing he did for USAF but he doesn't have to move around anymore.

Thank you guys for your service!
  • My DH is in the Army. Got home in August from deployment #2. Praying for a nice long rest from those, but you never know
  • Quote: I have been married to my husband for almost 10 years, He is a Chief in the Navy and has been in for 16 and 1/2 yrs We are on Shore duty right now but we only have a a year left then its back to sea duty till retirement.
    Sounds a lot like me! I've been married to my DH for 7 years, he's a Chief in the Navy and has been in for 16.5 years. He's finishing up his last little bit of sea duty then on to shore duty then retirement.

I'm really excited for him to get home and see the change in my weight.

eta: Looking at your location, I think I used to live not too far from you. We were stationed at Kings Bay before moving to WA.
  • DH is active duty Army. He's been in for 10 years and we have 10 to go. We are in TX for 3 years on recruiting orders. He has been deployed to Iraq for for 15 months.
  • My husband is in the Marines and currently deployed. He'll be back in late March.
  • My husband is active duty. That's how we met - in the Army. I got out in 2004, but he is still in. It's been... 12 years now.
  • Until last June I was an Army wife. My husband was in for only 4 years but it was quite an interesting 4 years. He missed the births of both of our children, we were apart for a year and a half (he was deployed) and we were stationed in Germany and lived there for 2 years which was really fun.
  • Quote: DH is active duty Army. He's been in for 10 years and we have 10 to go. We are in TX for 3 years on recruiting orders. He has been deployed to Iraq for for 15 months.
    Not a military wife, but I just wanted to say that's a darling picture of your family
  • Quote: Not a military wife, but I just wanted to say that's a darling picture of your family
    How am I not a military wife? DH is active duty army, we have been stationed 4 different duty stations in 10 years and been through 2 deployments. He just re-enlisted indefinitely for the next 11 years. DH is an Infantry Soldier his is MOS is 11Bravo. I don't understand why you would not consider me a military wife.

BTW thanks for the compliment on the family picture!
  • Quote: How am I not a military wife? DH is active duty army, we have been stationed 4 different duty stations in 10 years and been through 2 deployments. He just re-enlisted indefinitely for the next 11 years. DH is an Infantry Soldier his is MOS is 11Bravo. I don't understand why you would not consider me a military wife.

BTW thanks for the compliment on the family picture!
    I think the poster was saying, THEY werent a military wife but wanted to post here anyway.
  • OMG, Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just started my diet and I'm hungry and grouchy. I feel like an a$$. So So Sorry! Please Forgive me Junebug. I'm embarrassed now.
  • I'm a part time military wife (husband is in the Air Force Reserves), but we've both been active duty, and after I got out, he stayed in for several more years. Then he missed it so much he joined the reserves! He's got about 3 more years until he retires.

I do not miss the deployment years! Right now his flight isn't being deployed (except for the few times they ask for individuals to volunteer), but they're talking about changing the mission, so I'm making sure I stay mentally prepared that he may have to go.
  • Me and my lack of pronouns

Gosh no, I just meant I was not a military wife.
  • So for those of you who were stationed in Germany - how much weight did you gain there? Over the 2 years we were stationed (2003-2005) there I gained about 40 pounds. The food, and wine, and beer, and coffee are just sooooo good!!!! That and I was STRESSED to the max. I would go back again in a heartbeat, but I would make better choices.