Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Default What is your favorite food?

Probably since I live in a coastal town my favorite food in the whole world is just about any kind of seafood but especially lobster, fried shrimp and fried scallops. I can eat seafood until they comes out my ears!

The only seafood I am eating now is broiled fish but when I reach my goal and I am on maintenance I will eat my favorites once again only this time in smaller portions and only for special occasions and then workout and eat less the next day.

Thats the plan, I'm not eating salads and tofu the rest of my life. I think you can eat most anything in moderation.

A close second on the favorite food list is ham! For some reason I have loved it since I was a small kid. My mother fixed it for me for birthday dinners and Christmas all my life.

Ham has got to be one of the worst things in the world to eat with all the fat, salt and additives injected into it but I still love it.

What is YOUR favorite food or foods and are you going to give it up?

Last edited by flatiron; 01-22-2009 at 07:57 AM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Eggplant Parmesan....... I am longing for Eggplant parmesan right now....
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hate to say it but I still love pizza, especially pepperoni! But, for now, I stick with veggie thin crust, because the one Pizza Hut makes is really good!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gee, no one said that we can only eat salad and tofu to lose weight!

I like salads, and I also like tofu, although it's hardly my favorite food.

I would say steak is one of my favorites, and I have eaten it during weight loss and while maintaining. But I no longer eat 12 ounces or more per meal, and I don't have it very often. Five ounces is quite enough for me these days--I don't want more. I end up taking a lot of steak home if we go out for it.

I hardly ever eat fried foods--they just don't appeal to me any more, and they have way more fat than I care to eat.

I also have eaten ham on occasion during weight loss and maintenance. A nice slice of lean ham doesn't hurt anything.

Of course, I no longer stuff myself on any food! That never worked, and it never will.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Anything Thai!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'4"

Any kind of Chinese food was my favorite. I loved crab rangoon and general tso's chicken. I had to give them up though! Salad is another one of my favorite foods. Yum, yum.
besita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #7  
OBQ

Default Favorite Food

I consider myself a foodie which is part of why I joke that my weight isn't from fast food its from too much of my food.

During the winter, my favorite food is something I make called Chili Cheese steak. It's a pretty healthy recipe and loved by almost anyone I share it with. It's made with inexpensive round steak in a tomato and ranchero sauce. The biggest diet-buster part is I top it with cheese. Lots of cheese.

During the winter I really enjoy soup. My favorite is Chicken Pot Pie soup. Best thing about it is it's the one time I get me vegetables.
OBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

My all time favorite food that i could probably eat every single day and never tire of is Papa Johns Pizza. I have not given up pizza for ever or anything, but i do make sure we only have it once in a while. Maybe once every three months. And i try to limit how much frozen pizza we eat at home also because for frozen pizza...we love Disorgno (sp??).
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hhhhhmmm...this is a real stumper because I love and adore food and also consider myself a true foodie...

Any food in the world? Stuffed and fried jumbo prawns, coconut batter

Food I am eating now? Boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce or Sushi
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  

OBQ, would you mind sending that recipe over?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Eggplant Parmesan....... I am longing for Eggplant parmesan right now....
I love this too and am eating it a couple of times a week since Eggplant is in season and dirt cheap now. How do you make yours?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron View Post
What is YOUR favorite food or foods and are you going to give it up?

No way. I haven't give up anything. I have become super picky though. I don't just waste my calories on anything. If I take a bite of something unhealthy that I don't absolutely adore, I throw it in the trash.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #13  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Cheseburgers. I wanted one so badly yesterday so I got a jr hamburger from Wendy's. It satisfied me without busting the diet bank.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #14  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

well, i'm a little weird. my favorite food is and always has been CORN. I dont know how it started or why but i just LOVE it. I havent really had much since starting my journey because it always seems to be between potato or corn and no one else wants to do without their potato (hard for them to get use to not having corn AND potatoes) so i just go along with them. But its still my favorite and i have a little when I can. But chocolate runs a dang close second.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/247.5/149ish

Height: 5'7"

mine is anything authentic mexican. uhhh... no... won't be using lard anytime soon. i just modify my recipes. not the same, but good enough. oh, and mashed avocado on toast/bagel with salt/pepper or mrs dash/lawry's. i have a 1/4 avo-a-day rule now or else i will def. eat the whole thing.
beachpotato is offline   Reply With Quote