When you drink too much caffeine....

• When you drink too much caffeine.... Now I figured a "trigger" working odd hours, drinking too much caffeine. My tummy growls, the acidity I guess. Then I want to eat. I had a dinky piece of bread to mellow it out and water. I know I've read that too much caffeine can trigger hunger pains. I need some to stay up late on deadlines and I'm just wondering what tiny snacks would help that hunger pain go away other then bread?
  • I know what you mean. I've been putting in several late nights all semester! I like to eat a whole bag of smart pop kettle corn- it settles my carb, sweet, and salt cravings and there's so much in a bag. It has like 240 calories or something like that for the whole thing. Hope that helps!
  • Yes maybe a 100 cal bag of popcorn would do it...
  • Well, plan your snacks accordingly! I drink too much caffeine too sometimes. I just hold off until the planned snack comes around.

Now if it's a situation where you have to stay up late--work into the night--and that's unusual for you, then again, plan accordingly.

Also, try for a snack that won't leave your stomach growing even worse. Popcorn sometimes wears off after awhile... Something like part-skim ricotta cheese with some canned blueberries (in light syrup). 1/4 cup cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries. Comes out to 140 cals.

Jay
  • Hmm... strange... for me coffee seems to make me LESS hungry. I guess I'll take that as a blessing!
  • Likely it's not just caffeine, it's the stress of business deadlines about every 6-8 weeks, the acidity. I just noticed a trend that when my stomach feels like "that" I've been hitting the carbs more. Or just stress eating, going without snacks and meals then pigging out. Need to stop this