3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   TOM weight gain/no loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158488-tom-weight-gain-no-loss.html)

kelly315 12-12-2008 03:16 PM

TOM weight gain/no loss

So, I'm sure this thread is a repeat of another one that I haven't found, but...

I was going back through my weights for the past few months, and now I'm sure, the week before I have my TOM I never lose any weight, sometimes gain weight. It's extremely frustrating.

So I'm wondering, what's it like for you? Do you gain the week before or the week of? Gain or just not lose?

Shannon in ATL 12-12-2008 04:22 PM

No real gain or loss. Some bloating in the first couple of days but it goes away by the end of the week.

I take Seasonale so only have a period every three months - at first I bloated and gained every time, but the last three or four cycles have been great.

butterflygurl 12-12-2008 04:30 PM

I gained a few...then worked extra hard and lost a couple after TOM was over

PhotoChick 12-12-2008 06:46 PM

I can count on gaining anywhere from 3-6 lbs of water weight before my period. Always. It's really frustrating, but there it is.

I also put on a pound or two of water during the week I ovulate.

The nice thing is that it *is* just water and bloat, so it comes off easily. But it messes with the scale a lot for that week.

Horo 12-12-2008 07:10 PM

I usually retain water for a while before, and also during, and then several days afterward I will usually have a large drop that will bring me to an all time low weight.

kelly315 12-12-2008 08:32 PM

I agree photochick, at least we know the cause and that it will eventually go away. What's frustrating is that I don't know how much I lost for the week until the next week (when I usually drop twice as much as normal).

I never thought about gaining when you ovulate, that's interesting.

Smiling_Sara 12-12-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 2494691)
So, I'm sure this thread is a repeat of another one that I haven't found, but...

I was going back through my weights for the past few months, and now I'm sure, the week before I have my TOM I never lose any weight, sometimes gain weight. It's extremely frustrating.

So I'm wondering, what's it like for you? Do you gain the week before or the week of? Gain or just not lose?

it seems I maintain the week before and the week of I can gain up to 3 lbs.

it takes a couple days to get back to normal...then lose a couple lbs the next week in half, then the cycle starts all over again. *sigh* The joys of being a girl!

kittycat40 12-12-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layri (Post 2495048)
I usually retain water for a while before, and also during, and then several days afterward I will usually have a large drop that will bring me to an all time low weight.

me too.

kelly315 12-12-2008 09:37 PM

Has anyone noticed any changes since they've lost weight? My water retention and grumpiness seem to be worse after my 50 pound weight loss.

JackieRn 12-12-2008 09:39 PM

At TOM I don't lose weight but the following week I lose 1.5-2 lbs. Since losing mine has shortened and the symptoms are less severe.

Tuca125 12-12-2008 09:41 PM

On TOM i go up 2 to 3 pounds to.

JulieJ08 12-12-2008 11:42 PM

Going into my first 7 periods while losing, the one to two weeks before my period were my BEST losing times. It was all downhill into my period. It was the week of TOM and the week after that I tended not to lose.

Now (about the last 3 cycles) I tend to lose better the week after TOM, but stall/gain a little the several days to a week before.

Weird.

Smiling_Sara 12-13-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 2495198)
Has anyone noticed any changes since they've lost weight? My water retention and grumpiness seem to be worse after my 50 pound weight loss.

I haven't noticed that. They seem to be about the same. lol

kelly315 12-15-2008 02:08 PM

Oh, boy- I hate TOM, but I love the fact that I've already lost two pounds of the water I was holding in the last two days.