Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #61  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Nobody told me that after a week of holiday binging and feeling sluggish and addicted to sweets that I would know the answer: Water, whole foods, and spin class.

Nobody told me that I wouldn't have to dodge people in the local mall that I used to know when in a hurry, because they won't recognize me anyway!

Nobody told me that water tastes so good!!

Nobody told me that I would start to love humidity because its like a warm hug when I'm so cold all the time!

Nobody told me that large weight loss can lead to gallstones!!! (YIKES)

Nobody told me how uncomfortable I would be in clothes that hug my new curves.

Nobody told me how better I would be treated and how much more I would be heard.

Nobody told me what to do with attention from men!
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #62  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

That your favorite fat t-shirt from back in the day looks baggy and ugly on you now.

That I'd actually like dripping with sweat.

That guys can still be jerks to you. (I know that's not an inspiring one, but it's still unfortunately true)
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #63  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Well no, not in the way surgery literally shrinks it, but it deflates and I swear my "full button" goes off a LOT sooner. Before, I could eat 4+ cups of pasta (and sauce) and be full, but not painfully so. Now, that's not the case (not that I couldn't, but it would most definitely hurt now).
Mhmm, I could definitely keep eating, like around the clock, and only by the end of the day would I feel too full to eat anything more. Now, I get full off a can of tuna with some veggies chopped up in it. I usually can't even finish it!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #64  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Aww you guys... This thread was so enjoyable to read. Even though some of the things you've come to realize aren't pleasant things... I just want those unpleasant things so bad! ahaha I'm sure you know this already, but you guys are the reason, and are going to be the reason for many peoples success stories.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #65  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Many of you have mentioned the strange realizations and sensitivities that come with your emerging bones like how it can be painful to sit on hard chairs and things like that. Here's another one... no one told me how uncomfortable it can be to rest one knee on top of the other when sleeping on your side! I *must* have a pillow or comforter to put between my knees now or I can't get to sleep.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #66  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^ I've noticed that, too! I sleep in almost the exact same position every night, and have done so for as long as I can remember, but I've definitely had to adjust it a bit as I've lost weight! Lol. Another annoying bones-related thing is that I've always absolutely loved taking baths, and could lie in the tub for an hour or more, but I can't do that anymore because my tailbone juts into the bottom of the tub and starts getting sore after 15 minutes or so. Bummer! But of course, it's great to notice all of these things (even the somewhat "negative" ones) because ultimately they all mean one big positive thing: I've lost weight! Haha.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #67  
FB

Oh yes, Star2Be - with you on the bath thing. The sensation of tailbone grinding against the tub is an awful, awful thing.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote