3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Words that keep you going! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158385-words-keep-you-going.html)

CrabbyCakes 12-11-2008 08:02 AM

Words that keep you going!

Are there any sayings, quotes, or other mantras that keep you going? I know we all have those "blah" days where the last thing we want to do is eat a salad or go to the gym, but I know for me at least there are a few that have really stuck with me and encouraged me to stick it out.

Here is one of mine:

“Pain is temporary... If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”
- Lance Armstrong

I use this one when I get a little stitch or foot cramp.. and you know what, after a while it DOES go away. Before, I would have used this as an excuse to stop.

I could use some new ones and maybe we can inspire someone having a tough time!

jimaterry 12-11-2008 08:12 AM

i saw this on someones sig in here...

being fat is hard, losing weight is hard, pick your hard.

prob not an exact quote, but i think this every time i wanna go off plan.. it helps me:)

MrsWolf 12-11-2008 08:31 AM

I have a few:

I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it.

There are only two choices: make progress or make excuses.

The main source of unhappiness in the world today: trading what you truly want for what you will settle for at the moment.

And finally.... as posted in my signature:

"The only way out is through" - to remind me that I can't skip all the work and get the prize. I have to go through the pain to be free of it.

Peace,

Heather

Thighs Be Gone 12-11-2008 08:48 AM

I like looking at food I shouldn't be eating and saying, "this isn't the answer and will only make my problem worse!"

butterflygurl 12-11-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimaterry (Post 2492163)
i saw this on someones sig in here...

being fat is hard, losing weight is hard, pick your hard.

prob not an exact quote, but i think this every time i wanna go off plan.. it helps me:)

Lol, I read that sign. too and I was actually thinking about it yesterday.....it's so true!

ih8diets 12-11-2008 09:00 AM

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

cant beat it

figureskater546 12-11-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ih8diets (Post 2492215)
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

cant beat it

ditto, this one always keeps me going...i just have to remember to keep repeating it

Nixie 12-11-2008 10:02 AM

Nice thread CrabbyCakes! It's important to have a mantra to keep pushing ourselves-- it's kind of shorthand for why we're doing what's hard instead of what we've always done.

Someone's sig said something like "the first 30 years were for food, the next 30 are for me." I really liked that one, probably because age-wise it kinda fits for me.

I also love ih8diets' "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"--I've heard it before and every time it gets to me!

JulieJ08 12-11-2008 10:49 AM

I'm *loving* K8-EEE's sig:

TO DO LIST: Lose one pound. Keep it off. Repeat.

deathnotronic 12-11-2008 11:08 AM

I read a quote somewhere that was like your weight is someone else's goal weight. I thought that was kinda cool.

I like my sig too. I've got my body and my mind on the same page and honey, now happiness is all the rage. It's a song lyric about starting a new relationship but I think it works just as well in weight loss.

dixied 12-11-2008 11:18 AM

We were just discussing mantras over on the BL Blue team thread.

I change my mantra daily when I get on the treadmill. Today's was: "This is how you get faster". I was doing speed intervals and it helped push me to set a new personal best.

belezura 12-11-2008 11:45 AM

there are some statements that help me to stay on track:

- You control food not vice-versa and
- You are the one who choose what to eat. You are the one who grabs it and put in your mouth, so make the right choice, the one will make you happy in the future.

Horo 12-11-2008 11:49 AM

I'm not really into the whole mantra thing, since I can usually come up with some smart-butt sarcastic comment to contradict them (self sabotage anyone?) ;) So instead of focusing on some sort of saying, I'll go online window shopping! (Though that's now become less effective since I'm already in my ideal clothing size)

JayEll 12-11-2008 12:26 PM

"I've come too far to take orders from a cookie."
Jay

sweet_talker 12-11-2008 01:00 PM

the weight may be stubborn but so am i ;)