3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Random Compliment at the Airport (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158312-random-compliment-airport.html)

PhotoChick 12-10-2008 01:25 PM

Random Compliment at the Airport

I'm travelling again - this time for fun instead of work (although I'm hoping to get some sellable photos out of this trip so I can write it off! :) ).

I'm standing in the security line and it happened for the first time. The officer glanced at my driver's license ... then looked again. Then held it up and looked at me. Then smiled and said "You've lost quite a bit of weight Ms. XXXXX. You look fantastic. Have a safe flight and a great day."

*thud*

I thanked her and smiled the entire rest of the way to the gate. I don't know why a random stranger's comment can make me feel so good, but it really made my morning. Maybe I'm in a good mood 'cause I'm about to spend 3 days with my sweetie, but this just sort of capped it all off.

:D

alinnell 12-10-2008 01:26 PM

Wow, that's quite the compliment! Congratulations!

Nixie 12-10-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoChick (Post 2490771)
I don't know why a random stranger's comment can make me feel so good, but it really made my morning. Maybe I'm in a good mood 'cause I'm about to spend 3 days with my sweetie, but this just sort of capped it all off.

:D

Nice!! I think it's almost more of a compliment when someone who doesn't know you says something like that because they're not invested in the situation. They're not just being nice or trying to recognize your hard work or anything like that-- they're saying it because it's true!! Congrats :cp:

Lynnemarie 12-10-2008 01:31 PM

Doesn't that feel soooooooo great??

:carrot:
Just lost my first 20 lbs so far, long way to go, and can't wait for someone to NOTICE!! It's such a great feeling, good for you!!! have a wonderful trip, and so happy for you starting it out on such a positive note!:hug:

raw23 12-10-2008 01:33 PM

Great job!!!

PhotoChick 12-10-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

I think it's almost more of a compliment when someone who doesn't know you says something like that because they're not invested in the situation.
I thnk that's true. My guy always tells me how great I look - but he's my guy. He's EXPECTED to do that. :lol:

But this woman - a complete stranger - obviously had to do a double take on my drivers license. So that was just cool. :)

kelly315 12-10-2008 01:34 PM

:D That must have been wonderful!
But you totally deserve it. ;)

inspired by you 12-10-2008 01:50 PM

That is so awesome PC! You have worked very hard, you deserve the recognition, and didn't it feel GREAT!?!

mandalinn82 12-10-2008 01:51 PM

Gosh, I DESPISE the random comments when someone checks my ID. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable.

If you like it, though, get used to it! It happens more and more. I can't wait to get my new license with new photo.

Congrats on getting a compliment you enjoyed!

Newshinyme 12-10-2008 01:53 PM

wow Photo! I can just see how good that must have felt. Just like Nixie said, I believe those un-biased comments have a bigger impact just because the lady was just stating the truth and nothing else :)

Have fun with your sweetie.

PhotoChick 12-10-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Gosh, I DESPISE the random comments when someone checks my ID. I don't know, it just makes me really uncomfortable.
So funny - different perceptions! :) Comments don't bother me one way or another ... but I think it was the doubletake that really sort of drove it home. Like - I *really* don't look like my driver's license photo any more. :)

mandalinn82 12-10-2008 02:07 PM

I've been accused of using a fake ID. THAT was fun. I actually carry my passport now (more recent photo) in case that happens again.

My bank card is the WORST. Looks NOTHING like me.

kittycat40 12-10-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoChick (Post 2490800)
So that was just cool. :)

VERY COOL :D

AngelMae 12-10-2008 02:10 PM

Thats great!! Must have really made your day!! :)

Tomato 12-10-2008 02:50 PM

That's so cool! I am over the moon when something like this happens.
Enjoy the time with your SO.