Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Usually something like, "Dang you're gonna be hot by summer!".. things like this keep me going
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #32  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

I looked in the mirror after shoveling snow for an hour. I liked the way my hair looked and I had that exercise/being in the cold rosy cheek look. I felt pretty.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #33  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I see lots of things. But mostly, I just see - ME. For years I would look in that mirror and HATE what I saw. Number one I thought I looked horrible, but I also didn't believe that *I* looked like *me*. I know that sounds strange, but I never thought that that morbidly obese person, with all the excess fat on her, staring me in the mirror was a reflection of *me*. Hard to explain.

Other times when I'm not being as reflective, funny since I'm looking in a mirror, - I definitely see all my flaws, but none the less, I think to myself that I look pretty darn good for a 45 year old formerly morbidly obese person and am quite pleased.

Now sometimes, I will look a bit longer. I LOVE flexing my muscles in front of the mirror - love it. Love staring at my collar bones. Adore my hip bones.

Every now and then I'll take a look at my not such great parts - my innner thighs and under my former behind and think "if only......." ,but that doesn't last too long. I'll quickly get dressed and look in the mirror and think "Not too shabby Robin. You've done all right for yourself!"
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #34  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I weigh 366 pounds currently and I look in the mirror and like what I see, even at 534 pounds (my highest) I never looked at myself and thought about the negatives,I have a good esteem about myself and alway have (arguably of course), did I/do I know that I am heavy? of course, even a blind guy would know I was heavy! lol but I don't look at the negatives at all (other than this damn loose skin thats poppin up all over the place!) but even then I still like what I see in the mirror call me cocky if you will but nothing good comes of being negative.

this is my mantra

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 262/262/145

Height: 5'8"

Mostly when I look in the mirror, I get super frustrated with myself. I know I'm big, but looking in the mirror just brings it home. I get pretty disgusted. A week or so ago, I sat down on the couch and opened my laptop...before I turned it on, I caught my reflect in the dark screen and (granted, I was looking down) saw my double chin and folds in my neck! I was pretty shocked! When I look in the mirror straight on, I don't see that. It makes me sad to see just how big I've gotten.
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #36  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

When I look I don't get all positive thoughts. There is stuff I need to work on and if that's looked at as being negative then so be it. I say that looking is better than not looking. When I didn't look ... woof! Sorry, I am kinda down today because I'm going through something closely related to this topic. Blah.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 284/199/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally doing it............

I just avoided mirrors for the longest time unless I could only see my face! Now that I'm finally serious about losing this weight, I try to see the positive when I look at myself....for instance my face looks a little thinner....just anything to KEEP GOING!
Lynnemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #38  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

I know this sounds terrible, but when I step outta the shower the first thing I notice about myself in the mirror is my baby belly, Ugh! I swear if there was only one thing I would change about my body, it would be that. It even grosses some of my friends out LOL But I guess that's what happens when you have kids
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Today I looked in the mirror and smiled, said you are doing it! I liked my smile, I like that my skin is looking better on my healthy diet including fish oil, tons of veggies. At least that 5 lbs of FAT that was there two weeks ago isn't there hanging on the side of my pants, and the next 5 will be gone soon. AFter reading Robin's response I'm thinking not bad for 40 really, but soon it'll be NOT BAD for 41... me 20 or more lbs lighter soon
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Depends on what i'm looking at when i first look in the mirror. If i just got up, i think i look pretty good most of the time (must be the sleep still in my eyes making me look nice). hahaha... But if i've been up for awhile and getting ready for work, i think "damn...i gotta get some makeup on this face to tone down that redness in my face (i have a pretty ruddy complextion, if you ask me). If i'm getting out of the shower, i'm like "damn...i gotta lose this fat around my midsection...it's disgusting. If i'm dressed and ready for work i'm looking thinking, "does this show my fat rolls???"

Other than that...when i'm ready to step out the door, i take a final look at myself in the mirror and think, "now that's one nice looking woman". See...not all negative thoughts. hahaha.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #41  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Usually by the time I finish dressing I like most of what I see.

This morning I thought my face looked thinner. I also love to see my waist line as I turn a circle. It is concave now and I see some of the curves I saw once as a young girl. I love my boobs being bigger than my stomach and I love my waist going in where my booty goes out.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I usually think, wow, you are starting to look great, which is immediately followed by, ugh what awful calves!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

i usually think something along the lines of: what a waste! i could be really pretty if i could just lose this darned weight
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote