3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   101 reasons to lose excess weight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158112-101-reasons-lose-excess-weight.html)

MissVitality 12-08-2008 06:58 PM

41. So I can reduce/eliminate the symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
42. So I can see my toes when I look down!

WebRover 12-08-2008 07:16 PM

43. So my blood chemistry gets and stays healthy.
44. So my blood pressure stays healthy.
45. So I can climb 2 flights of stairs without effort.
46. So I can bend over without effort.
47. So I don't have to tug on a normal sized towel.
48. So I can fit in the small booth I was offered at lunch today.
49. So I don't have to think about fitting when walking behind chairs in a conference room or in front of chairs in the movie theatre.
50. So it's worth buying a classy wardrobe cause I know it will fit next year.

ronni62 12-08-2008 07:33 PM

51. So our backs won't hurt anymore.
52. So we won't wonder if people are asking why that handsome man is with that ugly, fat woman.
53. So that we'll be around when our kids get married and start giving us grandchildren.
54. So that we'll feel as if we've done one of the most important things we could ever do-taking care of ourselves and becoming healthy.
55. So we'll weigh less than our husbands!

MissVitality 12-09-2008 05:32 PM

56. So I won't cringe when I need to strip off at the beauticians or doctors

57. So I don't need to worry about the spare tyres flopping up and down when I am jumping about in my aerobics class

58. So I can teach Exercise to Music classes and feel like I am inspiring others and am a role model to them

59. So I can stop comparing my weight with that of other people and feeling like I am less worthy of love/success/happiness than them

60. So I can run a 10k race in a respectable time and raise lots of money for charity

better health3 12-09-2008 06:24 PM

61. To be able to sit in public seating at theaters, concerts, sporting events, on buses, and on airplanes without the sheer embarrassment of being huge and spilling over or breaking the chair.

62. To take the time we spend on agonizing, fretting, and other unproductive time(due to being overweight, obese) and spend it on positive productive activities and/or projects.:carrot:

63. To walk into a room and realize we are no longer the biggest person in the room.

64. To decrease our risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, osteoarthritis, gallbladder removal etc as a result of our unhealthy choices.

65. To have a wide array of clothing store choices instead of 2-3 options.

66. To look into the mirror and know that we are putting forth the effort to be our best possible selves, thereby reaching one step closer to our full potentials.

67. To no longer being the target of all the fat jokes or feeling uneasy whenever someone says the word 'fat' in a derogatory way...

68. So we no longer use eating as a recreational activity, rather, use food as fuel to feed our cells.

69. To not cringe as we look into the mirror, picture, or video of ourselves.

69. To not dread the job interview, date, seeing family, friends, and/or running into old acquaintances...watching their faces drop when they see how we let ourselves go.

70. To be able to engage in most any physical activity on a whim and know you'll be up to the challenge...:D

71. To be able to let go of the baggage that our weight represents for some of us...

72. To break the bondage, that for some of us, the extra weight truly represents

73. So we can look into our closet knowing we have dresses, skirts, and pants not the size of circus tents

74. So we do not have to endure the condescending salespeople or others in our lives in regards to our weight

75. So we can have a 'pretty body' too and not just our face

76. To be able to fit into the appropriate BMI range for our height and weight

77. To wear that one outfit or plenty of other outfits that we would love to wear, but don't look quite as polished being bigger.

ronni62 12-09-2008 07:37 PM

78. So we can spend less $$$$$ on our clothing, because we all know that fat clothes cost more than skinny clothes.
79. So we'll also spend less $$$ on food because we're cutting out all those expensive snack foods.
80. So we'll set a better example for our kids and grandkids about healthy eating.

MissVitality 12-14-2008 09:50 AM

81. So our thighs don't chafe when we wear skirts or dresses

82. In fact, so we can feel confident enough to wear skirts and dresses!

83. So we can stop feeling as if we are being judged by others according to our size rather than who we are as people and we will blow their assumptions away

84. So we won't keep being told to sit in the front passenger seat of cars when travelling as we require more room! And no longer be the person people won't sit beside on the train or aeroplane because they don't want to be squashed.

85. So we have no fear that chairs, beds etc. will be unable to bear our weight and will break

86. So we can slip back into those special outfits hanging in our wardrobes!

87. So we can confidently wear sexy lingerie

88. So we feel better about ourselves and start to treat ourselves better - more me-time, more pampering, less stress!

Star2Be 12-14-2008 02:30 PM

A lot of these things have been repeated, heh, but I don't think this one has been mentioned yet:

89. So we won't be HOT all the time! So we can be comfortable in the summer time without sweating all over the place (and, alternately, feeling comfortable wearing the clothes that summer weather requires--shorts, tank tops, etc), AND be comfortable wearing cozy sweaters n' such in the winter without having to deal with irritating sweatmarks/pitstains! I HATE those, hehe.

Ps. I can completely relate to the roller coaster thing... I live ~45 minutes away from the best amusement park on the face of the planet (Cedar Point!!), and I had a really embarrassing experience the first time I tried to fit onto the best roller coaster there... Which was also the last time. I had a season pass there for a couple years, and I never once got to go on the 2 very best rides, because I couldn't fit on them. :( I still have a long way to go, but I'm sure I'd fit now, and I really want to go back and FINALLY conquer those coasters!!

Ponytail 12-15-2008 09:53 PM

90. So that we can climb a ladder, a fence, a mountain.
91. So that we can run faster in case of an emergency.
92. So that we can spend more of life smiling.

murphydoodle2 12-16-2008 09:36 AM

93. So we can run cross country with our kids when they ask us to go along.

Ija 12-16-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star2Be (Post 2496838)
Ps. I can completely relate to the roller coaster thing... I live ~45 minutes away from the best amusement park on the face of the planet (Cedar Point!!), and I had a really embarrassing experience the first time I tried to fit onto the best roller coaster there... Which was also the last time. I had a season pass there for a couple years, and I never once got to go on the 2 very best rides, because I couldn't fit on them. :( I still have a long way to go, but I'm sure I'd fit now, and I really want to go back and FINALLY conquer those coasters!!

Meredith, two years ago I got kicked off the Magnum XL at Cedar Point because I was too big for it. When I go home next summer (I'm originally from Cleveland) I'm planning to finally get the ride the darn thing!

flatiron 12-16-2008 02:10 PM

94. So I can fit back into my red leather Speedo!
96. So my gold chains will fit around my neck again!

AND finally

97. So my feet will get wet once again in the shower! :D

gymlee 12-18-2008 09:10 PM

98. To be at a healthy enough weight to get pregnant without the use of fertility drugs and have it be a healthy pregnancy.

99. To be able to touch my flat stomach to my legs when I stretch forward to touch my toes.

100. To run faster than my dog

101. To feel the pride when I look in the mirror because I know what I've accomplished and that there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that can't be done

TheTinGirl 12-18-2008 09:26 PM

I liked 100 best...to outrun my dog. It made me smile.

102. So I can prove to myself that I can (And maybe give up smoking next!)
103. So I don't feel embarrassed meeting my boyfriend's friends.
104. So people will stop asking me when I'm going to have the baby even though I'm not preggers. (Sorry if any of those were dups.)

Nancy7189 12-18-2008 09:37 PM

41. So my legs don't rub together when I walk/run. And I can sleep comfy without a pillow between my legs so they don't stick together.