Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2023, 05:40 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated by large waist after weight loss

Hi everyone,

I know I have posted here years ago but forgot my details. At any rate Ive been obese my entire life. I am a male. At my highest weight I was 448 lbs. I am 6 ft tall. That was 20 years ago. Today I am down to 250 lbs. That is where my body is comfortable. Should be a victory. My ultimate goal would be the 165 range or so.

My great frustration is my waist is very much larger than it ought to be. Whenever I see other men my height, their stomachs are virtually flat compared to mine. They are buying pants (trousers), in the upper 30s. My waist is at least in the low 50s inch range. That is a size I see on people 20, 30, or even 100 lbs bigger than me at my height. My guess is it is because i have been fat since childhood, while most people this is an adult thing. When I worked retail, chubby men would be buying jeans in a size 26 or so (US sizing). This is like the equivalent of a size 0 female (!). Im guessing they wore the jeans nearer their hips. My hip size is around 44 in.

As time has passed it seems many of the gains I have made are vanishing. My weight has remained lowish or stable, but I am developing upper thigh fat and now have difficulty crossing my legs. My stomach seems to be getting larger, etc. I had more flexibility at 400 lbs but I had youth on my side. I fear it seems even if and when I get to my goal of around 165, my waist will probably remain in the 40s. Seems unfair. Starting to get stares again, people talking under breath, sneers, being seated at large conference tables or a seat to the side if the booth at restaurants although I fit just fine in the booth. I feel like I might as well be 400 lbs again. But I know in reality, if I were I probably wouldnt be alive today. I turned 50 this year. I know that is a huge victory. My doctor told me Id never see 40 when I was at my heaviest.

At any rate, thanks for hearing me rant lol.
LarryLongJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:48 AM   #2  

OK?

The thing that I hate about the internet today is that phones are replacing computers. Forums like these are dying. I dont know where people are migrating. I used to feel very connected online. Not so much anymore.
LarryLongJourney is offline   Reply With Quote