Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Digestion Issues

Okay, this is going to sound really gross, but I think my body is messed up and not digesting my food properly. I think this because when I go #2, I see my food in it... tonight I had veggies and brown rice and tofu, and a couple of hours later out came the rice. GROSS, I know. But I don't know what's going on with me, this has never happened before and it's been going on for quite some time now. Any thoughts? Does this happen to anyone else? I have no idea, I don't generally go around discussing my bathroom habits!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

For some reason you are digesting your food too fast. Is your stomach irritated? Are you doing an herbal cleanse? You may have a little stomach bug. Try chewing more, that might help.
Sorry about your bad tummy.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

My first question would be what have you changed in the last couple of weeks? Have you started eating something different? Have you stopped eating something? Have you started exercsing differently? Have you taken any meds? Have you stopped any meds?

Is there anything ... no matter how insignificant it might seem right now ... that you've changed about your life?

That's something to think about, but even so, I'd go see a doctor and just make sure that there's nothing wrong. It could be something serious, or it could just be your body readjusting.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I'm not doing a cleanse or feeling like my tummy is irritated or anything. The only change I can think of is moving (from PA to AZ). Maybe the water is different?? That sounds so silly... Thanks for the responses, though! I'll have to see if I can get in to see a Dr. on Friday afternoon after my meeting at work.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

You know ... aside from the change in climate, etc. Moving is stressful. It's possible that your body is just reacting to the stress of moving.

I'd still go see the doctor, but I wouldn't freak out yet.

(Oh, and I don't know where in AZ you moved to, but IME, Phoenix has the worst hard water!)

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #6  
Workin' It

That same thing actually happens to me with a few specific food items - brown rice & corn every time I eat them, sometimes citrus fruit (clementines, oranges, lemons & grapefruit specifically), the occassional bean or pea... My doctor suggested that I wasn't chewing those items properly, was likely swallowing them mostly whole so they weren't digesting well. Does this happen with every food you eat or only specific foods?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm another one who would suggest that you're not chewing your food enough. If you chew up the rice, I guarantee it will not be whole at the other end.

Try to chew each mouthful 20 times. You probably won't get all the way through the count, but you'll be doing better. And I'll bet the problem disappears.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #8  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ditto to what JayEll said.
Brown rice has the outer part still attached which is fiber, so if it is not chewed properly, it will be very hard for you body to digest and break it down, thus it will come out whole the other end.
I know that when I am eating things I don't enjoy as much I eat fast just to get it over with, could that be your case as well?
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote