Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #121  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Here goes my body eing stupid again. After being at 196 something for 3 days, I popped up to 198 and have been there for 2 days now. I am trying to eat 1500 calories a day and working out 30 min. most days, but not all. What gives? This really makes a person appreciate the losses when they come.

Cakses- I have only been doing 30 min. a day. Today I did 45 and it seemed tough. I think I need to alternate or something.

Wee- After getting about a foot of snow since Friday, now we have horrific winds that just keeps blowing everything into huge drifts. Fun, fun.

Gary- It must be the season. Our bodies don't want to cooperate. Hang in there. The first of the year is almost here.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #122  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

My goodness, Mindy!!! That sounds... annoying. I was talking to my boyfriend about snow when we were kids vs snow now... and how MUCH our views have changed! I think the views change as soon as you have to drive in it.. lol

Well: I've kept losing weight... apparently bread and water is a diet. *sigh* I can't wait until the snow melts enough to go to the GROCERY STORE!!!!
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #123  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I just can't get enough time in the day to do anything. Christmas stuff, work parties, cooking, baking, working, changing campuses for work, *sigh*

I hope once the holidays are over I can get back on track. I'm still the same 191 so that's good. I also decided enough of this "I HAVE TO LOSE IT NO!!!" mentality. I'm aiming for one pound a week. I want to lose 50 pounds next year, and I think that's the way to do it. I'm tired of putting all sorts of unnecessary pressure on myself.

See you guys soon!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #124  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am beginning to see I am not much help here

checking my journal today I saw I was at 172 last Dec. 22

I was at 176 this morning

dang
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #125  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Still hanging in there at 174. I am off to the gym this morning to run, or attempt a run with this nasty cold I have. I swear I haven't been sick this many times ever in my life. DH gave me this though when he was home for almost 2 weeks from work. At least I am not as sick as he was/is. Maybe I will run as much as I can then walk the rest. Just getting out there will hopefully make me feel better.

I am thinking that if I just make it out of the holidays near 174/175 it will be a miracle. LOL.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

HI ALL I'M BAAACCKK! I am holding my own despite eating out quite a bit while I was in the Austin area. It was so much fun and so neat to see all the cute little towns around Austin and my hubby got a doe so we won't be buying meat for awhile he tells me. I am having a bit of a difficult time losing the five pounds I was hoping to this season. Usually I have no problem refraining from all the goodies and I generally maintain but... My mom requested I make all these things that we both love since this is the first holiday season in three years that she's felt a bit like her old self and actually had an appetite and hasn't been on chemo. She is unable to cook all of the dishes she has requested due to them being so time consuming and I'd rather her conserve her strength so we can visit and talk while me cooking up a storm. But that is something I will happily sacrifice for her is my weight loss this holiday season but not too much so I am just trying to maintain.

Hang in there guys!!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 12-23-2008 at 06:21 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Nobody's posted since I last posted?? I guess everyone is gone out of town or something. I just wanted to report my 1.6 pound loss that shocked me this morning. I did a bit of a happy dance. Welcome back 212. Now onward to 210.

have a great day everyone and Merry christmas!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #128  
Jig, Don't Jog

Congrats, blondebritbrat

Well-- I weighed in at 163.8 this "morning". I'm sure my weight fluxing has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I'm sleeping from 11p-8a one day, and 4a-1p the next.. *sigh* stupid snow. It's not like it's THAT BAD out on the roads--but my apartment complex is a sheet of ice!!! It's hard enough to walk on 2 feet.. let alone drive on 4 wheels

We're having more of a "reflect and respond" christmas this year. Our inability to get out of the house has resulted in no gifts (but one for the cat)-- so while I know that the "hype-christmas" is all about gifting, it still makes me feel crappy that I'm unable to give my boyfriend anything this year
I'll probably be checkin' in tomorrow-- Everyone have an AWESOME christmas eve
Old 12-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #129  
mtiger

Wink

Weight is still up today. At least it didn't go up any higher. I have counted my calories for the day and did 45 min. of WATP. Hope it goes back down soon.

Wee- Just looked at your blog a bit. You can really tell a difference in your photos. Nice job.

Brit- We're here. Just trying to make some positive, or should that be negative, progress. Hang in there with us.

Tomorrow is Christmas. I am like a kid. I am so excited, I can't wait. My children are 20 and 23 but they are getting cool stuff this year. I am looking forward to it. Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TEAM

Well I weighed in at 177 this morning which is a 6 pound gain over last Christmas Day ...dang. I will say that this time last year I was 5 months into my journey and really rockin' and rollin'....attitude was awesome because success was happening....which kept the momentum flowing.

I managed to get lay-z from time to time in recent months.

I have found my beer int-take to rise again ~ I seem to adding that extra taco to my plate a little more often that when I started this trip ~ I have almost forgot I can't eat cheese like I did before! If I want to keep the weight off ~ My treadmill has dust on it! Although I still get miles in with the mutts, those "extra" miles are few and far between.

One plate of spaghetti last night, salad and 2 pieces of french bread...however I started celebrating early so those beer calories are way up this morning....dang!

Time to re-focus.

Have a great day TEAM

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #131  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

CHRISTMAS IS OVER!!!

I feel like a weight has been lifted! The holidays are super hard for me.

Plus I got two Lane Bryant shirts today, size 18-20, WTF? I wear 16 pants and XL shirts. Size 18-20????

Who cares though because the holidays are OVER and I can refocus on this!

Next year I want to be 8/10 damnit and I'm gonna do it!

PS I got this free app or my iPhone called "Lose It!" and it's really cool for tracking calories. I'm terrified of weighing myself (more scared of that than looking at my account balance in my checking account) so I'm going to go back to eating normally for a week and then weigh myself. These past couple days have been all about fast food b/c the kitchen was commandeered for holiday cooking and baking.

Alright! Bring on 2009, SUCKERS!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #132  
mtiger

Wink

After yesterday I decided I am not looking at weight for a few days. There was just too much food around and mindless munching. It was a great day though spent with my "whole" family. That hasn't happened in a while. One more blip on the screen though. Sat. we get together with the other side of the family. Another dinner is planned and I need to watch it. Like everyone else, I will be happy for all this holiday food to be gone.

I got some new DVD's for Christmas, so I've got my work cut out for me.

Take care.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #133  
Jig, Don't Jog

I'm trying for a final push to get a little lower by new years... I really was hoping for better results And I didn't even have christmas dinner!!! Grr..

I got 30 minutes of Wii Fit in today (which is good-- I haven't been off my bum since Wed..) And I just ate myself silly.. *sigh*
Old 12-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #134  
mtiger

Wink

Made it through yesterdays family Christmas and am ready to move forward. The scale is not my friend these days. Time to get serious.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #135  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Not over eating....not over drinking

not over exercising.

I am getting 2.5 miles in most days but at a snails pace....not burning calories....dogs smelling everything.

Have had a sore throat and achy bones for 4 days....phlegm

When I feel better I am going to kick it up a notch....

sure Gar.....sure