Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 09:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!
Sorry I didn't post the last couple of days. Life has been hectic here. My ds (1) had a fever for three days solid. I kept calling the ER to see if I needed to bring him in (my kids never get sick and they have never had a fever over 101 degrees) his fever reached 103.9 and I was freaking out! But since he had no other symptoms they said not to bring him in. Just to put a cool rag on his head, give him medicine, and wait. So that's what I did. He was so pitiful. I also gave him cold juice to drink and ice chips which he just loved. It brought the temperature down but never broke it. Then finally it broke yesterday for good. But then last night my dd (2) developed a fever as well so here we go again. Hopefully she doesn't have hers as long.
I also had my little sister (15) stay with me the night before last. My parents fight and bicker all the time so she just wanted out for awhile. My parents are the kind that have been together for 20 years and should be divorced. There isn't love there anymore. I think parents who just argue and fight (vocally or silently) is doing more harm to their kids by staying together than those who divorce and try to find some quiet in their lives. But that is my personal opinion and you can just toss it.
But anyway, so the last three days have been eventful. My dad came over yesterday evening and helped my dh build me a turtle cage outside (I caught 3 box turtles) it came out really well and the turtles have lots of room to move. I decided I'm going to collect strange pets. I have my crawfish, my turtles, and now I want toads. I use to have them growing up. I feel like I'm 12 again somtimes. Its great!! My kids just love it.
I'm ready for a new week now. I went grocery shopping yesterday and I'm stocked and prepared for low cal eating.
OK, enough about me.
Sheila don't feel bad about quitting the atkins. It's not a diet for everyone. You do what's best for you.
latisia, I'm sorry to hear about you and your dh, but there are so many women in your shoes right now that have made that choice and feel it was the right descision. I know you are thinking about your childs welfare and your own happiness so no one is judging you here. I'm behind you 100%. Whatever you decide. And congrats on more weight dropping!! You are doing so great.
jackie, as usual, I love your posts. My mind is going blank now though, you are a great peddler you know?? You make me really want a recumbant bike.
Ginny, you are always so involved with your kids homework and such. I admire you so much! But don't forget to take a breather for yourself too.
Misty, If after the week you quit atkins don't worry about it. I mean you are doing it alone now anyway. It's hard to be on a diet alone. I know. But you are doing so great!! I thought atkins would knock those few lbs you had left to go right out of here but I guess since you are so close to your goal you'll lose slower. We all envy you anyway!! I can't wait to be thin like you!!! Keep up the good work!!
Did I forget anyone?? I hope not. I need to get off here and give my dd some tylenol. I'll try to get back on later.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #32  
SAHM Cheerbabe

I'm about out of here everyone. I'm still packing like mad and trying to make sure I don't forget anything...yeah right.
I still have to figure out how to get my password (thanks Jackie) and all of that fun stuff.
Real fast run down on the Adkins. I stopped. I lost 1 # is all. I don't even think it was the diet. I believe it is all the stress I'm under. Anyhow, what brought it to a hult? I was frying sausage links and eggs and almost hurled. It will be a long time before I eat pork or red meat again. Totally burnt out. I do believe I'm just going to have to really buckle down and get these last #'s off. It just depends on me. How bad do I want it? Guess we will find out?!

I'll be honest girls. I didn't read your post but I printed them. I'll get back to you all later about that. Sorry. I have to get and finish up around here. Have a great day!
Misty

PS~ gemini & T-girl, you both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:27 PM   #33  

Hey everybody, good afternoon! I am doing pretty good, thinking about last night.. I had a little snacking attack, but i just threw that worrisome cheescake away. It was lowfat, but too tempting, and I got a little out of hand with it yesterday! it is always in the evening, after dinner, I plan to get some more rice cakes, they do well with me.. Hey Spryng, nice to hear from you!! Thanks for the support.to you, and everyone!! THanks lilbitosunshine too, for havng me in your prayers, I cant say thank you enough... well I am going to kick butt with the tae bo, esp, when I think of last night. As well, i have to run and get new tires this evening, I know they are getting pretty bald. Might as well knock that out!! Keep up the motivation ! Talk to you all later!

Latisia
Old 04-30-2002, 02:35 PM   #34  
hangin' in there...

Hi girls... I'm still kicking. Actually, I could use a good, swift kick in the a__!!!!! Thanks to all who thought about me, and thanks for the prayers, too, Misty. I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!

Things are crazy as ever around here, but I'm managing to get some exercise in.... three days on the bike and 2 days walking last week. Eating has been atrocious, though, so I'm not losing. My own fault, though... I gotta find I big ole dose of willpower somewhere.

Gotta run... groceries to put away. I have been keeping up with the posts and I swear I am thinking about you all often! Talk later...
Old 04-30-2002, 03:11 PM   #35  

Hi all!
Misty you enjoy your trip you lucky girl!!! How far away does your parents live? Enjoy every second of it.
Jen, don't feel bad about the munchies. I have them BAD today. I'm not usually one who eats candy or cookies and such but today I am craving chocolate like crazy!! must be because TOM is right around the corner. I gave in and had one low fat chocolate pudding, two small chocolate animal cookies and a little chocolate donut. I don't feel bad about it but I do know that I can't continue like this today.
Latisia, I'm ready for your diet plan. Low Fat. how low do you have to stay? Do you have to count cals?? How many fat grams do you try to stay at a day? Please help me with any info you know. I need a diet change but I don't want to go on a diet that excludes any of the food groups you know?
Well girls, I have church tonight so I'm going to hit the shower while the kids are napping. Hope everyone is doing good today.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

Hi, It's Me Again!

Spyrng: I'm sorry to hear that your babies are/were not feeling well. There's a lot of crud going around. I'm so grateful that my entire family has been doing pretty well for the past month or so. They may feel like they're coming down with something, but then snap out of it. Since I've started the FFL program, I've been feeling quite well. I feel for you & your babies right now with those high temps! It's quite gut-wrenching in itself! Hopefully you had some quality time with your little sister. And for your comment about parents & relationships: It made me think twice with the advice that I gave Latisia , as I remember so...
well how my parents got along when they were married. I do agree with you if the children have to be constantly around the fighting & bickering, maybe they are better off not being married to one another. My Dad is somewhat a Lunatic & it's not a matter of speech either. He has some out of this world thoughts. I keep telling my Mom how I can't picture them together anymore, as they would have drove each other crazy! My Dad was always very verbally & physically abusive to us kids & extremely verbally abusive to my Mom. I pretty much have a forgiving heart & sometimes I put the bad times out of my head & forget how bad it actually was. Well, enough about my childhood! Oh!, one more last thing: Your turtle, crawfish, frog & toad stories still make me go back & reminisce the good part of my childhood memories! Keep us informed on how they are doing. I'm not sure if I mentioned this on another post but, dd won another goldfish @ the carnival on Sunday. It's name is Co Co & this is the correct spelling as my dd corrected me on this. I told her we should name it Co Ho, after the Co ho Salmon, seeing that we have one named "Charlie", after Charlie the Starkist tuna already!
Glad to hear that you stocked your fridge & shelves with good food. I'm starting to run out, so I'd better go grocery shopping again. My veggie wraps turned out delicious & as a matter of fact, I liked them so much that I invited my Mom to stay for dinner & have one with me. I still had one tortilla left this noon, so I made another wrap for myself again! Latisia: I'm glad to hear that you are feeling pretty good & seem to be in good spirits. I'm also glad that you snuck in your exercise before going to bed the other night. It didn't keep you awake later, did it? In regard to your question about your period making you feel negative, this could be the culprit. As for your decision: I think it's good that you are going to VA to think about it first. Another thing I thought of- With your little one being under two, it may be an easier transition on him if you do decide to split up. He will be so young that he won't remember it later on being any other way. Whatever you decide, try & keep your husband in your ds's life, okay? Sorry for ramlin on again, but I will indeed keep you on my prayer list. In regards to yourself: Keep exercising, as it does the body & mind a good deed! Misty: Thanks for checking in with us again before you leave, I'll miss you! I'm going to look at this site again for you to see if I can find out where it lets you check your password again. Congrats on another pound lost! And my advice is the same that I gave to Spryng , the last 5-10 #'s will probably come off with a good exercise program that gets your heartrate up for 30 min. or more at least 3-5 times p/week. I hope that you are able to check in with us while you're gone. Well, have a safe trip & get the much needed R & R that you need & enjoy your time with your family.

Well gals, I'd better shove off of here 'til later. I hope the rest of you get a chance to post so that we know how you're doing. TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 04-30-2002 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Jen! I see you snuck in while I was posting. Thanks for thinking of us & I'll keep you on my prayer list too! (You all are like family/best friends to me!) Try & take some time out for a great workout & also some quality time for yourself. I know, how do you find time for yourself? It's tough, but you got to try & make the time somehow. Well, I'd better scoot!
Old 05-01-2002, 07:48 AM   #38  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Well, I have another nutzo day here........go figure!
I sort of skimmed the posts......... Spryng - sorry that you had some sick kids. High fevers are so bad.
Latisia- I prayed for you too- and your family. I know all about bad marriages (MIL and FIL are a perfect example) and know that that is not easy. You sound as though your thinking is clear and I am sure will do the right thing. Good job chucking out that nasty cheesecake!
Misti- hope that the vacation is great! We will miss you.
Jen, I hope that your life slows down a bit for you and that your self control kicks in.
Gotta go. Dd wants to read her newest book. Have a good day!
Ginny
Old 05-01-2002, 07:53 AM   #39  
burned out bus driver

Jackie- Please forgive me for missing the post on your former BF's death. How sad........... I think you did the right thing attending the viewing and dealing with his family. As always you are a warm and caring person. We are blessed to have you here as a friend.
Ginny
Old 05-01-2002, 03:13 PM   #40  

Good afternoon all!
I hope everyone is doing well. My kids are all better now. No more fevers and no more crankiness!!
I'm doing good today and staying OP. But I'm not going to be bent on losing any more. I mean I am still trying to lose but if it takes 6 months to get this 10 lbs off then so be it. I still want to learn more about your low fat diet latisia. It sounds interesting.
Well anyway, I don't have much to say right now. Just that I'm doing good and hope to stay that way Hope everyone else is too and I hope Misty's vacation is going well so far. I'll check back in tonight.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:16 PM   #41  

Thanks EVERYONE for your helping words and prayers, Jackie, I slept pretty good after the workout. ( I dont know why, but i always so at night) I can relate to your childhood, mine was rocky too!! I am just glad for my MOM who really is my best friend tooo!! ( I forgave Dad, but that is a story to telL) that cheesecake had to go, and today, I am just kinda doing a cleanser, it helps me to do this sometimes.. I just drink lots of fluids, eat alot of fruits, and veggies later for one day. I did walk and I made it a little longer. Needed the Challenge.. Thanks Ginny for the words.. YOU all are such beautiful people!! I mean it!! SPryng, I do agree with Jackie about the exercise part, I do not limit any food groups with eating low fat, I eat 30% fat or less with my eating plan. It normally ends up around 20% total, but as long as you stay under 30%. I try to eat alot of whole grains like rice, whole wheat pasta, vegetables, lean meats, I just check my labels, and make sure it is in the range, you know how to calculate it?? I will write you with the formula, it is simple really. Girl, you can do this,,, you will do this.. ok. well talk to everyone later. Have a nice OP day!!

Latisia
Old 05-01-2002, 11:40 PM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, you all know me and long threads..........so I am off to start the next one!!! (#43). See ya there!
Ginny
Closed Thread