Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 10:42 PM   #16  

hey all! i am doing well Just a little tired, my DS had a rage of energy today, !!Well thanks Lilbitosunshine,!! THe tae bo tape is great!! I know I will h ave to switch between my others too, to keep a change of steps, but I really enjoy it. He really challenges the abs, which is my weakest body part. Spryng, I am sorry to hear about you feeling sick!! I agree with the exercise issue, it should do the trick.. Just hang in there!! dont give up, you are ALMOST there!!! Freckles, my DH, wont be back now for another 3 weeks, LOL, ( kinda getting used to him not being around)...just kidding, but there is more to this story..well, I am just glad to be doing better, hate feeling blue..I am staying OP reagardless.. talk to you ladies later goodnight.

Latisia
Old 04-26-2002, 11:09 PM   #17  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang... sorry I have not checked in. I am totally down, not staying OP, etc. Sorry you have been sick spryng, and welcome to Newbbie. That is all I can muster for now, girls. I am taking the weekend off and hope to be able to pull myself together by Monday. talk soon...
Old 04-27-2002, 08:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Moms!

I was surprised to see the amount of posts after mine on yesterday. Jen: Thanks for checking in with us & I hope that you are in better spirits for the weekend. Please check in with us on Monday, okay? Don't feel bad about not staying OP, as we all have these days from time to time. I find the best solution to my "guilty" feelings of not staying OP is to pedal my bike for awhile. Just try & keep your chin up, think more positive & know we're here to help you through your struggles.

To everyone: I'm a little bummed out myself. Not too much with the weight issue, but with the death of an ex-boyfriend of mine that I dated before meeting my DH well over 20 years ago. I decided to go to the visitation on Thursday night because I felt that this was the proper thing to do at the time. My friend told me to go if I really felt the urge to go, otherwise I may regret it later on. Well, everything seemed ok until I got to the middle of paying my respects of sympathy. I reached the part of the line where his older sister & his parents were. They didn't recognize me, so I had to tell them who I was & then I was at a loss for words & hurried through 'til nearly the end of the line where his middle sister was. I felt comfortable talking to her & we joked about the past & about his death. All the time I was talking to her I didn't realize that the my ex's wife was standing 5 feet behind us! I was so embarassed by what I was saying to his sister, but managed to introduce myself to his wife as an "old friend" of the family. I didn't know what to say to her, but managed to say what a great & funny guy he was & then I said : "My Heart Goes Out to You" & " You Have My Deepest
Sympathy". She then thanked me & I proceeded to leave & while I was leaving, she said she couldn't believe that he had so many friends. I didn't know how to handle this, so I kept on walking so that she wouldn't see me cry. When I got to my car I felt so embarrassed over my actions & also felt embarrassed over how some of the family didn't recognize me or, even remember me.
I also feel bad because I don't remember if I expressed my sympathy to his son. I remember being introduced to him, but can't remember anything else. Sorry for babbling on & on about this, but it's got me so depressed. Part of me wants to send a sympathy card, along with a note explaining how I feel & also enclose a check for his memorial fund. The other part of me says leave be, but then I feel like it's still an open issue. What should I do? I'm really having a hard time focusing since Thursday & am so scatter-brained & dazed. Another weird thing is just about all the guys I have dated either have a serious illness or have died.
Thank God , my DH is alive & healthy at the present time. I keep telling my DH that he better not get sick & die on me! Well ,enough about me & again I'm sorry for rambling on. I just needed to vent a little. Latisia: Did you ever notice that I put your name in this color before? This color just seems right for you. Something tells me that this could be one of your favorite colors. Am I right, or just being goofy? I also use this color for you because I feel it represents being "lively & outgoing" , as I feel you are. I've got a thing with colors & associating it with people & things. When I was a kid, I even had to match my underwear to the clothes that I was wearing that day. I don't do this anymore, thank goodness! Well, enough of this subject & on with the subject of husbands. Don't feel guilty that you are getting used to your DH gone. My DH was gone from Monday a.m. until last night. I did miss him occaisionally, but felt relieved that I could put my guard down & relax a little. I didn't have to feel guilty what the house looked like because of all the volunteering that I did this past week. (I did have the main floor in immaculate shape when he returned, but kind of ran out of time for the upstairs.) The kids didn't mind if they had sandwiches, raw veggies & fruit for dinner & ate off of paper plates. As for me: I stuck with my FFL plan & am so happy with the results. Another good thing about DH being gone, when he returned; he noticed that I actually did lose some weight & told me I looked great! Now, if he would have been home all week, he would have just took me for granted & probably wouldn't have even looked at me! Latisia, I'm glad that you are feeling better & are in great spirits. I'm also proud of you for staying OP, you're doing fantastic! I'm curious to know the "other part of the story", so if you ever feel up to telling us, please do so! I do respect your privacy, so it is also okay if you don't tell me/us. The Tae Bo tape that you are doing now, seems interesting to me. Is it a Billy Blanks video? I need to start working my abs too! Between doing your videos & staying OP, your dh should notice the change in you too! Misty: And for the color I pick out for you...I'm not too sure if this is your favorite color or not, but I associate it with you because of springtime & maybe because you live on a farm. I think of you as a "refreshed" person that likes to be full of happiness & love. I also feel that green is such a "balanced" color. You would think that I'm an artist or something with my palet of colors, but I'm far from it!
Now, to answer your question about the "Cleaning Fairy".... No, she didn't stop by for a visit & the upstairs still is trashed! Did she stop by your house instead? Thanks for answering my question about how tall you are. Looking at the picture you posted, I would have guessed you as being around 5' 7"! And for your 5# fluctuation in weight, I believe this c/b water weight. I guess your goal weight may be just about right for you, as you are an inch or 2 shorter than me. Well gals, I hear footsteps up stairs, so I'd better get going & start thinking about breakfast for the gang. Have a nice weekend, everybody!
Old 04-27-2002, 03:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Well here it is... Saturday again Boy it crept up on me this time. This week really flew by!
I'm feeling much better so thank you all for caring and being concerned. Misty I know you are right about me getting back on atkins but I lost the will power, plus my DH is sure that is what made me sick. He made pork chops last night and I was feeling ill just by *smelling* them! But I'm going to be ok. maybe the two days I was on it helped me out some because I lost a lb!! Back to 135. I had 1100 calories yesterday and lots of water and even got a short jog in to the mailbox. Today is going well too. I've had 280 cals so far. I'm planning a big dinner. Chicken (for DH and kids) and stuffing and potatoes and gravy, etc. So it will all fit into my cals for the day. So I don't feel like I went off my diet. I just switched back to low cal. Which I prefer anyway. I think I'm going to stop looking for a quick fix and just take this slow. I mean I am a size 8 and I should be happy with that.
jackie I feel so bad for you. I wish I had something great to say but I am at a loss of words. The only thing I can think of is if you feel unresolved by the death of your ex-boyfriend then do whatever you think will help you. Send that card to the family, call them, send flowers or maybe a letter. You are wonderful with words. I don't know what I would do if I were you. Like I mentioned several threads back I haven't had but only two people die that I knew and I wasn't close to either of them. So all I can be is sympathetic when I would really like to be empathetic. But I know you will do the right thing.
Misty- your last post sounded so chipper!! It's contagious you know. I started smiling by imagining the smile on your face as you typed your post. What has you so happy right now?? Bottle it and send it this way!
Well, I guess I need to get off here. The house is clean but I promised myself that I would work on laundry. And clean the crawded tank. They are neat to watch but filthy little suckers But my kids just love them. As soon as they get up they run over there and yell "crabs, crabs!!" which makes the crawded scoot under their rocks and out of site. Not a normal pet, I know. but that's why I like them
Talk to you girls later! Enjoy your weekend and I hope everyone stays OP.
Old 04-27-2002, 04:58 PM   #20  

Hey all, !!!! ANd yes, Jackie, red is my favorite color of all times!! WOw, you have good judgment!! Well here goes, I have lost 3.5 pounds this week!! I am so surpised, delighted, and plain motivated up to?? DOnt know, !! Well It is Billy Blanks Tae Bo and it got me a little sore today,( a good sign for me) I hope everyone is OP!! Imma relax today.. just do some crunches/pushups, talk to you all later!! One more thing.. thank you all for the kind, helpful words!! It GREATLY helped me do this, and I will continue. We will do this!!!

Latisia
Old 04-27-2002, 05:10 PM   #21  

Oh yeah, the reason I was down, was that I am going back to Virginia, and will be separated from my husband in preparation for a divorce..It is a kinda long story, but basically we aren't meant for eachother.. well that's it.. talk to you all later..

Latisia
Old 04-27-2002, 08:35 PM   #22  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good Evening!!

Jackie~ No fairies here I was really looking forward to them too. BTW, I like the mom on The View. What is her name? I don't always agree with the show's opinions. But it is slim picking around here. Either them or Jerry Springer. I like the green you choose for me. It remindes me of granny smith apples, I just love them!

Spryng~ to be honest I'm feeling abit sick myself. I skipped lunch and about barfed the burgrI had for dinner (sorry for the graphcs). I'm sticking to it tho. Atleast for a week. But if there is no change then It is back to low cal for me too. I wish I could bottle some of this and ship it out to everyone, save some for a rainy day too! I have great news today to add to my mood! Have to wait till the end tho!

T-girl~ I sent you a pm. I'll say it again tho, we are all here for you. I hope you feel like you can tell us anything. Lots of hugs to you.
And A great big CONGRATULATIONS!

Ginny~ has the weekend swept you away???

Gemini~ I really hope you are feeling better soon. Join us when you feel up to it, okay. You are missed and thought of often.

Jackie~ sorry for addressing you again. I feel very badly for you and your experience. Saddly enough, I've lost alot of loved ones in my short time on this earth. Mostly young friends. Blessed like Spryng, my family members livve to be a ripe ol' age. Anyhow, do you think your visit had an impact on anyone there? I too would worry, did I say the right thing? Did I make a fool of myself? But in all honesty, no one really noticed. I know this because I asked a friend of mines mother. We were close as teens running track and weight lifting. She died before we went to college in a drunk driving accident. I spoke to her mother for awhile at the funeral and really felt badly afterwards. Wishing I had said something different then what I did. Later she became friends with my Momma. One night while I was back home Momma invited her over. We talked untill very late about her daughter. I point blank asked her if she was offended by what I said to her at the funeral and that I felt bad all these years. She said the whole day was a blur to her. She didn't remember much but the short period where they opened the casket. In my little opinion, do what makes you feel best. Donate to the fund or what you feel you need. Make it resolved tho. It is an awful feeling to live with. I know. It could have been so simple too. She was very undrstanding. It really has to be resolved for you too, don't forget your own feelings.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #23  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Oops! I wasn't done yet!
As for me...
breakfast= 2 eggs, 3 sausage links
lunch= skip
dinner= salad and burger with cheese

Now the good news! I'm leaving the 1st of May for vacation! I'm going back home for 2 weeks. I'll still be checking in. Moma and Daddy are online. It will be great to see everyone. Well, I have to get some rest. Nighty nite girls!
Old 04-28-2002, 12:14 AM   #24  

Good Evening, Gals!

Thank you all for your opinions in regard to the funeral. I feel close to one of his sisters, the one I talked most to @ the funeral. I think I may call her up tomorrow sometime. I'll tell her just the way I feel. If it doesn't work out, I at least tried & will get on with my life. We live in the same town, but rarely run into them anyways. I'd just hate to find out that I was more of a hinderance. (sp?) I was so... busy today with contractor's today that I didn't have much time to think about it anyways. DH is putting up a 3-car garage, so the guy came over with the papers for us to sign & went over things with us. I then mentioned to the guy that it was "my" turn next to get something & pointed to the pile of floor samples. The guy then said that he knew someone reasonable & would give him our phone number so that he could call us. Well...he called 10 min. after the garage guy left & the floor guy came over to our house 2 hrs. later! We did feel that he had great prices, so we signed a conract with him too! I'm so glad that we don't have to look at anymore samples, this was getting very frustrating for me. Misty: The Mom on the view is one of my favorites too! But I do like Star's funny sense of humor. My Mom went to a Jerry Springer show when she went to Chicago on a bus tour & was totally turned off by him. She say's he's a big fake & so is his show! She feels everything is staged, but this is her opinion. I don't care for the guy either. Good for you that you get to go on vacation! When you go-don't forget to bring your 3FC's password with you, otherwise you won't be able to post, or will have to come up with another username for your parents computer. If you forget to bring it & you are able to check your home internet service "online" by your parents, ask them to e-mail the password to your home e-mail address & then go back later to read your mail "online". I hope you understand what I mean, as it's kind of hard to explain. Spryng: Now the pork chop smell makes you sick! I still think there could be a possibilty that you are PG'd. As the smell of pork chops really bothered me when I first found out I was pregnant with my ds. I could be all wrong though! On another note: I loved your pet crab story. I just love watching them in the lake in the summertime. I hate swimming in the water with them though!
Latisia: I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't working out with you & your husband. I'll say a prayer for you, okay? Sometimes it seems like the right thing to do, but please think this over before signing the final papers. Your baby is so young & divorce can be worse than going through a death in the family. I'm not sure of your circumstances though, so I don't want to be quick to judge. If there's any domestic abuse & it seems to be life threatening, get out of it right away!
I almost filed papers on my DH about 5 years ago, but thank goodness we worked things out & just today I was thinking how great we have been getting along lately. Don't get me wrong, we still have our squabbles from time to time, but who doesn't? I have a few friends that are married to Police Officers & men in the service & I know these types of careers can really take a toll on a marriage. The key is positive communication between the two of you & "hear & listen" to your differences & don't be quick to judge.
I'm sorry if I've babbled on & on about this, but please think how things w/b for the baby. My parents divorced when I was quite young & it was always confusing during holidays. Especially Christmas, as I wanted to wake up that morning with both parents present & it just wasn't possible. I'm sorry gals, maybe I should have PM Latisia, but I wanted to get my feelings out to anyone who may read this post (even lurkers). I have to live with this situation on a regular basis & holidays are still a "whirlwind" for me. Well, I'd better get going. DH just hollered down to me that he was going to bed. I think he's a little jealous that the computer is getting more attention than he is. Hmmn... maybe I should get even with him for waking me up @ 3:30 this morning, huh? I'm actually getting tired, so I guess I'll go join him. Good Night, all!

Last edited by Freckles; 04-28-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:13 PM   #25  

Angry Thanks

Hello everyone, I am doing pretty good, still need to do my workout, later!! got up late, and had to run to a few places..I agree with what you are saying, I was going to file next month, but decided to go to Virginia, where we will have to be separated before filing. My main communication problem is him, He does things, and I dont find out until after I find papers about what he did or something like that>> I have to tell him EVERYTHING< and normally he doesnt listen.. WEll, that;s that!! I dont want my DS confused, and that had distressed me as well , to me he deserves only the best that I can do for him.. My parents divorced when I was 12, and it was tough, but i was very tired from all the bickering that had happened before hand.. WEll , imma change that subject.. I hope everyone is well, motivated and focused, and really ladies, I thank you all for helping me do so, and God, also for keeping me strong through all the downs, as well as ups!! I will talk to you all later!!

latisia
Old 04-28-2002, 04:12 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
To quote a most profound and famous intellectual that all of us are familiar with "Oh, Bother"! Having a perfectly awful weekend here, softball butterflies, irritable hubby,enough!!!!
My eating, while it was great until the stress crept in, has ended up each day abonimable. I'll have to get off to anew start tomorrow.
Welcome to our newbie!!!!!!!!! (no I am not usually this negative-am I????? Please let me know if I am- Dh just jumped all over my case for being difficult).
But my day is being overwhelmed by Robert Louis Stevenson. The preliminary outline is due Tuesday and with today being a rainy day here in NY, well I thought it was a good time to knock that off. Ds does not agree......
Wish I had more time to post, I am downloading RLS biography info from the library web link (thank goodness for that!)
Gotta go.
Ginny
Old 04-28-2002, 04:18 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Hello again!
I just got Latisia's last post....and I agree with Jackie. Proceed slowly.... and I will pray for you too! How long have you been married?? Me too with Jackie also-Dh and I will be married 20 years in May and not all of them have been a picnic. Not even close. But a lot of prayer on my part has changed hearts- both mine and Dh. Not a perfect marriage here- but an improving one.
Sorry for being so short here.
Ginny
Old 04-29-2002, 11:53 AM   #28  

Hi All
First of all I need to apologize to Spryng and the others who are doing Atkins.. I tried hard I really did but I couldnt stay with that food plan.. Maybe I dont have the will power to do it or maybe my own thought s sabotaged the idea .. I cant give you the exact reason.. My head was pounding ( for the record I drink POTS of coffee daily I wish it was just cups) anyway please forgive me I know I failed in the atkins since but I was able to lose another pounds so I am now at 254.5..It wasnt just the caffiene thing it was other things as well..Here at my house we use bread as a filler to meals .. Not saying we are broke but I make the minimal requirements to the food pryamid as we can between our rent and bills we have about 200 monthly to accomadate the 4 of us foodwise..There for the breads play a huge roll in this house.. Maybe when he is making more money at his job then I will give it a try then..( I know how pitiful that sounds but it is what I deal with )
As for everything else I been doing good.. as I mentioned above I am down another pound which is good although I still wishedit was more..
I have a online album now my kitties pics are there and so are a few other pics zI took
So if you are interested ------> CLICK HERE<-------- I am admit there arent many pics in there but as the time goes by I will be adding more..I have folders and folders of pics that I have to go thru.. Also I have disks and disks of them as well..
Well I guess that is all I have to say right now I am in a decluttering mode and I need to keep it rolling or I lose momentum
Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #29  

Thumbs down

Good Day, All!

Well, I didn't get on the scale this a.m. First of all guilt set in from what I ate over the weekend & then when I was going to be brave & hop on, ds beat me to the bathroom. While ds was in the bathroom, I was just too hungry to wait 'til he came out, so I had my banana's & raspberries. Then...I felt too "weighed down" to hop on the scale. Is this a good enough excuse for you all? Today is a new day & a start of a new week, so I'll try to stay OP for the ENTIRE week! So far today, all I had was my water & the banana & raspberries. Lunch is just around the corner & I decided to make a veggie wrap. I could just about gag & other things if I had to eat another salad. I'm going to try & be creative in the kitchen this week to stay OP. For you all with inquisitive minds: I had 2.5 pieces of Pappa Murphy's Pizza on Saturday night. I made it all day with good food choices & then dh blew it for me by ordering the pizza. Then yesterday was our schools carnival where I helped out in the kitchen the entire 6 hours. I did real well for 5.5 hours & the last half hour did me in. We didn't sell all of the homemade toffee cookies, so they were giving them away & I couldn't resist. I had 3 of them & they were not small cookies either! I was so proud of myself that I brought a Garden Burger from home, along with some sliced carrots & non-fat dressing to dip them in. I also brought plenty of water to drink. I didn't get a chance to pedal over the weekend, so today I stayed on for 75 min. & burned 725 cals. Well, enough about me. How's everyone else doing? Latisia: I've been thinking a lot about you lately & I'll coninue to keep you in my prayers. Did you get your workout in yesterday & how about today? Has your busy lifestyle slowed down just a little for you? Ginny: I'm using the color "purple" for you today because purple is supposed to be a sign of a person with a determined & adventurous mind. I think you fall into both categories, don't you? And for your "Oh, Bother!" quote, I guess we are twins after all, as my favorite salutation is: "TTFN" !! So, did you get Robert Louis Stevenson out of the way yet? Sorry to hear that you had a tough day OP & all round. Stress can really goof up our food choices, huh? I think that's why I ate the cookies, as I was really feeling quite wore out @ 5:30 p.m. & being in the wrong shoes. I guess I should have had on your favorites, huh? Hopefully today is going a little bit better for you, or should I say a lot better? Sheila: I'm using yellow for you today to bring sunshine your way! Send a little bit back to me too, okay? It's sure a dreary day here in WI. I looked up your Photo's online today. I see you got a picture of Tyson, as well as Bingo! Are the rest of your pictures taken in your back yard? It looks like a place for complete tranquility! It looks as though the "Flylady" has entered your home & is staying for awhile. She sure can rub off on a person, can't she? I'm glad you enjoy the site. Come on over & help me de-clutter when you finish with yours, okay? Congratulations on another pound lost! Keep going girl, you're on a roll! Well, I must get going & hop in the shower before someone pops in & I scare them away!
TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 04-29-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:18 PM   #30  

Hello everyone, my day is pretty good even though the good texas heat is here, Did my am walk, and did tae bo last night. I was about to sleep on it last night, but i quickly changed before that actuall occured, I needed the work out, it was up lifting..Thanks Freckles and Ginny for the advice. I will take my time with the total filing, and everything, we got married in January of 2001. I know it isn't long at all... I am feeling so much better though ( do you think I could have also been blue last week because of my period?) LOL.. dunno.. Sheila Congratulations on your loss, even though things didnt go as planned, I do hope you find something that works!!Just try to make sensible decisions to start?? I hope everyone starts afresh today, and is back OP, or at least giving all they can, cuz, we can do this!! Dont let a weekend or a day ruin it.. that is in the past!! ok everyone talk to you all later!!

Latisia
Closed Thread