3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Not exactly a healthy way (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/156502-not-exactly-healthy-way.html)

TJFitnessDiva 11-17-2008 09:47 AM

There are plenty of exercises you can do without equipment that will totally help! My favorite is my Pilates and Belly Dancing dvd's :) Plus I use free weights and an exercise ball.

When I was first starting out I did buy a mini-stepper which didn't cost very much at all....now I have an elliptical (cheap one from walmart) and a nordictrack treadmill I found on Craigslist for $100. Those didn't come along right away and when my husband saw this was for real this time he bought the equipment for me when I asked.

Don't let it get you down girlie....I know you are impatient (most women are when we want something lol) but just come to terms with this is what you are going to be doing for life :) Equipment will come in time if that is what you want!

Thighs Be Gone 11-17-2008 09:56 AM

Ufi, yes, my thoughts exactly on all fronts.

cuteazz1 11-17-2008 02:45 PM

I put on my music and work up a nice sweat just dancing around the house,you could also start a walking/running club in your neighborhood.

PhotoChick 11-17-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

I just can't get over the fact that I'm a really proud peson,
A bit of advice ... said with all consideration and not meaning to be snarky or rude at all. :)

You will live a lot happier life if you get over this. There is nothing that will damage your life more than being too proud to move forward. Life is full of uncomfortable situations, things that you wish you hadn't done, people you wish you'd never met, whatever.

Being too proud not only closes you off from your life, it makes people think that you're a snob - that you think you're too good for them or better than they are or that they're inferior.

Being proud of yourself and your accomplisments is a good thing. Being so proud that you can't move on with your life - that you refuse to walk down the street that you live on out of pride - is not.

Ufi 11-18-2008 07:20 PM

Yeah, I know what it's like to have "unsupportive" be the norm from people you would think should support you. Doesn't make it feel better, though.

I'm glad you're considering other options. This is your accomplishment, regardless of what he thinks. Good for you!

Beautiful Ace 11-18-2008 07:26 PM

He told me he was going to get his wife to get me a dance exercise dvd... good enough I guess. I like dance:P

mazza 11-19-2008 07:50 PM

You can always ride your bike around? I love cycling but the thought of a stationary bike at home to do all of my riding on drives me crazy. A good enough bike won't set you back too much money, and you could even buy a 2nd one for cheap. You can also walk around the neighbourhood, run, do workout dvds at home that you get for cheap. Even the internet has some workout videos which you can do. There's countless options - even skipping rope, or getting involved in local competitive sports.

butterflygurl 11-19-2008 11:07 PM

Hmm well Christmas is coming up, so maybe he'll have a change of heart? As far as fitness dvds I don't know if you like to dance, but Turbo Jam and Shaun T's rockin body are pretty good and kind of fun to do.