Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:06 AM   #16  
a work in progress...

Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
~Dale Carnegie

NOW I feel better! This means I am going to be resoundingly successful at this weight loss game! (when? )

Another Day 2 for me...I did have the bright thought yesterday, that at least my"turn arounds" are much quicker than in the past! If I fell off the diet before, it would mean a week (at least) of bingeing, til the next weigh in...but I would be too afraid to face the music, so another week of bad eating would pass...and so on and so on...til I finally got a grip. Now, even if every day is Day 1, I'm not going so far overboard that it's too hard to get back...I think that makes sense...it does to me, anyway!

I'm off to sleep now...have a great day, girls!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-01-2002 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:40 AM   #17  
Conquering with SBD

Default 3/129.5 (+1.75)/1

Well, today is the third day in a row OP. Hopefully, I will show a weight loss this week, rather than a weight gain. I don't know what happened last week because I was OP all week, exercised regularly, too and still gaine 1.75 pounds.

However, the unofficial scale tells me that I am down this week, so far. Hopefully that will carry to WI on Friday.

I missed my workout this morning...had a work obligation at 7:00 am this morning, which is the time that I usually work out. I am planning to take the time to go later this morning - yes it will be on work time.

I finally finished my dreaded stats course. I have been sooooo stressed out over it, but managed to get my assignments in by the deadline... midnight last night. Actually even had 45 minutes to spare. It was a long day yesterday. I got to work about 7:00 am and left at 11:40 pm. Theeeenn, still had to go home and cook supper. Out of interest sake, if I ate after midnight yesterday, does that count for yesterday's food, or today's?

kat - Congrats on making it to Day 2. I like your philosophy about doing the fast turn around when you fall off the wagon. Even if everyday is Day 1, you will still be accomplishing more than if there were never any accountability for healthy eating.

babette - You are chugging right along on your streak. I think we are at the same day. I am Day 3 today, also. I think I'm at Day 3 simply because I have not had time to eat. By the way, we are pretty much at opposite ends of Canada - I'm in Alberta. And yes, we do get snow, even at the oddest times. We haven't had any warm or semi-warm weather here this spring. Very unusual. I keep telling hubby that if this kind of weather goes much longer, they should just cancel summer because I don't have time to do yard work this year anyway.

Bliss - How are you doing on the challenge? Has the water been helping? Haven't hear from you for a while. Come back soon

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Take care.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:44 AM   #18  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Day 4. Let's get to Day 5...

Good Morning, Blockettes!

I have made it to Day 4 and have fairly good expectations of making it to 5. We've finally got some spring-like weather here, not before time! I was just thinking how spring is a bit of a wake-up call here: time to get ready for summer, which usually translates to: time to get off some of that winter lard before summer for me But it's really problematic if the weather stays cool and i just don't seem to be able to realize that warm weather is coming anyway. Suddenly it's hot and I haven't lost anything. I am going to try harder!

Peggy, congrats on getting through your stats course. I took stats at university too. I am NOT a math person. Bet you make up for the undeserved gain this week. I am going to start going to a TOPS meeting NEXT week, because I think having the weigh in ahead of me helps me to focus, take smaller portions, etc.

Kat, I've been noticing the same thing myself about the shorter reversals. Not to say I haven't had the occasional binge, but at least it's a single occasion and not an excuse to get lost in the feed bag for a few weeks. Some of my lapses have been miniscule, and I appreciate being able to have a small diversion without going right off the rails.

Let's make this a fabulous day, Blockettes!
xo
babette
4/212 (-3)/1
Old 05-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #19  
Conquering with SBD

Default 4/131.5 (0) / 1

Me too! Me too! I'm working on Day 4 today, also. I'm hoping that my scale at home is close to the official weigh in scale. If so, I have lost the 1.75 pounds that I gained last week, and another 3 or 4 (hard to tell). I can hardly wait for WI tomorrow morning.

babette - Congrats on making it to Day4. You can do this. Keep on going. I find that I don't have trouble with the weekdays, but weekends are generally my downfall. My plan for this weekend is to stay OP and hopefully, I don't have anything happening that will tempt me to stray.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Take care.

Cheers,
Old 05-03-2002, 08:07 AM   #20  

Thumbs down Day 5!

Good Morning Blockettes!

I am very glad to have gotten this far. Small triumph: my smallest jeans are just borderline too tight this morning, right out of the laundry. They'll be loose-ish in an hour or so, i know from past experience. Since I've had to wrestle my way into them up until this point, I'm taking this as a sign that I'm making progress, even if the scale won't budge. I'm trying to remember at what point in the longer streak I actually lost weight. Took a while as i recall. I'm thinking of starting counting points again. I don't want to make this like a diet, but i'd sure like to see the numbers change!

Peggy, you are doing so fabulously! I was just reading in another thread that you'd lost 60 pounds! That's wonderful! Congrats -- You're an inspiration! I have 50-odd pounds to lose (some of them odder than others ) I'm trying to think of this in 10 pound chunks, though. I know that each 10 pounds makes a big difference, and - Hey! There are only 5 of them to goal. I'm going to do this!

Kat, how are you doing, Girlfriend? I like reading your posts on the other thread, anyhoo. Thinking of moving in with the Osbornes? Haven't seen that show, but it does sound weirdly fascinating...

K, Blockettes! Let's get around this block. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
xo
babette
5/212 (-3)/1
Old 05-03-2002, 10:20 AM   #21  
Conquering with SBD

Default 5 / 125.75 (-5.75) / 1

Yippee!! Woohoo!! This week was great. I lost 5.75 pounds and am officially 5.75 pounds from my final goal. I'm hoping to be there by the end of the month.

I am also on Day 5 of the block. But this is still a weekday. I don't usually have trouble during the week, but end up blowing it on the weekends. This weekend I am planning to stay OP and hope that I don't stray.

babette - You are smart to look at your weight loss in smaller chunks, but I would suggest that you break it down even further into 5 pound intervals, rather than the 10 pound ones. I was celebrating every 5 pounds lost, and found that I had something to celebrate every 2 - 3, maybe four weeks. The 10 pound chunks seemed to take FOREVER, and I didn't want to be discouraged. I also focused on the small goal, only, and realized a couple months ago that I was close to my final goal. I think that's when I started to have trouble with my motivation. It has taken about 2 months, but I am motivated once again, and hope to do the last 5 pounds by the end of May (if not sooner ).

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. I'll check in on Monday. I may not have access to the 'puter at home over the weekend, because DH is teaching some online courses right now and spends most of his time trying to keep caught up.

Take care,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 05-03-2002 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:29 PM   #22  
Conquering with SBD

Default 1/125.75 (5.75)/1

Just checking in quickly to let everyone know my weekend has been a wipe-out so far. Friday and yesterday were bad days. Sooooo, back to Day 1 today.

Hubby needs the 'puter, so I will check in and see how everyone else is later.

Take care,
Old 05-05-2002, 11:32 PM   #23  
Domestic Engineer

Default room for another??

I would love to join your thread if you don't mind (hi Babette!). I've been playing around for *a year* now and I'm ready for a serious challenge. LMK!

Emily
Old 05-06-2002, 05:55 AM   #24  

Angry Day 3

Hi Emily! We'd love to have you along with us on our trip around the block. I've been maintaining since January, myself. This would be a good thing, hmmmm, if only I weren't still 50 pounds from goal

Peggy, WTG on the 5.75 pounds!! I knew you'd make up for last week's WI. And don't worry about your weekend. Even if you manage 5 good days a week, you'll eventually get to goal. You're so close! Thanks for the suggestion about looking at weight loss in 5-pound chunks. I think that might be very helpful - at this point I'd be THRILLED to get rid of 5 pounds.

I gave it up on Friday night. DH drank too much and went to bed while we were watching our traditional Friday night movie. So I finished his nachos after I'd had my own and then ate a few more chips and had 2 crackers w. cheese. I hate it when he drinks too much, but this sequence of events is WAY too much like my own parents. He isn't an alcoholic, but he does tend to drink too much sometimes, esp on Friday night.

Oh well. I did fine the rest of the weekend and have gotten tons of exercise. Walked 35 or 40 minutes to Tai Chi and home again after an hour and a half class on Saturday. And yesterday went for a 5 mile trail walk with my husband. It's a beautiful day here. I'm going to go for a walk around the harbour before I settle in to work. And I'll get in another half-hour going to my dentist appointment this aft. This evening I have Tai Chi again.

Let's make this a great one, Blockettes!

xo
babette
3/212 (-3)/1

Last edited by Arabella; 05-06-2002 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #25  
Conquering with SBD

Default 1/125.75(5.75)/1

Well, I am back to Day 1 today. I didn't go overboard too badly on the weekend, but did step over the limit on my weight loss plan. I am not too worried. I weighed this morning and have maintained my weight from Friday. Soooo, back OP today and will put in another 5 great days.

Emily - Great to have you join us. Let us know a bit about yourself and what your goals for weight loss are. We would love to support you in this and give you the encouragement that is so necessary to accomplish your goals. By the way, what part of Alberta are you from. I'm also in Alberta.

Hope everyone has a great week. Take care.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #26  

Angry I'd like to join in

Hi Ladies!

I was a regular on the forums before my daughter was born, and my scale is telling me I should have stuck with it!

Things have changed a lot in the last year and a half...I like the new smilies, etc.

Anyway, if you don't mind, I'd like to join in here....I believe you can change your behavior in 21 days, and I'd like to try.

So here's day 1

66 ounces of water so far. Haven't been bad yet today, so I'll see if I can get through the evening hours. (Always the toughest). Exercised for 20 minutes this morning.

Hope to be on day 2 tomorrow.

Best to everyone here.

Beanie
1/0/1
190/190/145
Old 05-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #27  
Conquering with SBD

Hi Beanie (also my granddaughter's nickname ),

Welcome. I think we all need to look at changing out behaviours and what better way than to do it through the well documented habit forming challenge.

I have started on Day 1 again today... , mostly out of choice since I am not to conscious about following my wait loss program over the weekend. I am trying to lose my last 5 pounds, but still getting my body to adjust to not losing anymore. I don't know if that makes sense, but I am losing the last bit of weight slowly so I don't get too thin.

What weight loss plan are you following? Let us know about that baby (I love babies).

Have a great week.

Cheers,
Old 05-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #28  

Thumbs down Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Peggy!

I forgot how easy it is to feel like part of a community here!

Weight loss plan is plain, old-fashioned calorie-counting.

There are a few ground-rules, though: I suspect anything with more than five grams of fat, I moderate my carbs, and I limit to EITHER one sweet or one drink per day. Outside of that, it's 1500 calories and 45 grams of fat.

I have a high-stress, high-travel job, and I have a lot of meals outside the home, so some of it is guessing. That also means that my water quota is 90 ounces per day, instead of the normal 64.

In short, I know the rules -- it's sticking to then that's tough!

My daughter -- 18 months old and absolutely the light of my life! She's in that stage where her vocabulary is pretty good, and she really wants to use full sentences -- she just hasn't figured out the rules yet! So we get a lot of combined English/gibberish, followed by lots of running and pointing. Once she figures this out, she's never going to shut up!

I was browsing through the earlier posts -- is there a rule here that you have to be Canadian, or will you welcome one of your Southern neighbors?

Looking forward to checking back in with all of you. Have happy, OP days!

Beanie

1/0/1
190/190/145
Old 05-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #29  
Domestic Engineer

Hi Ladies and thanks for the welcome
I stay at home with my 2 sons- almost 4 and 18 months...I weigh about the same as I did after coming home from the hospital with him--216

I've always had lofty goals- like getting down to 140 and being a size 8 again. But it's been such a struggle this time. Right now I'd be happy getting below 200 then take it from there. I belong to a gym and do great at getting there a couple times a week. I just know that to be really successful I need to be going *and working hard* 5 or 6 days a week! I've also had a problem with fast food and really just need to ban it from my life. See, I say it's been a struggle, but really mostly a mental one on my part. I know what I need to do, but have a hard time doing it for some reason.

I'm working on my water today-- have had half of it. Food-wise I'm doing great.

Peggy, I'm in southern Alberta and today we are getting snow...it's really getting old.

Talk to you again...
Emily
1/0/1

Last edited by jelynn; 05-06-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #30  
Conquering with SBD

Beanie - That is soooo funny. I didn't notice that most of the people posting were Canadian.
Closed Thread