3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Bumps and Lumps--normal? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/156219-bumps-lumps-normal.html)

Phoenixflame 11-12-2008 03:56 PM

Bumps and Lumps--normal?

Hello all!

I had a question. So, I'm still losing weight, which I know from my clothes and scale. But this is weird:

Starting my weight-loss journey, I had some respectable lovehandles above my pelvic bone. They seemed to become less noticeable when the weight started to fall. Now, however, while I am still losing weight, they seem to stick out more than the they did in the previous months (though not nearly so much as when I was at my heaviest).

Is it normal to develop some "bumps" that appear as such because you're losing fat in different areas (thereby making other areas seem bigger)?

I'm still losing, eating healthy, and I'm working out a ton, but this has me puzzled.

PhotoChick 11-12-2008 04:00 PM

Yup. Your body is going to go through all kinds of weird shapes and bumps and lumps and changes before it all settles out. My shape has morphed over the last year and I've had pockets of fat that I thought were just weird ... and eventually they shifted or lessened or whatever.

You just kinda gotta let your body do what it's going to do.

mandalinn82 11-12-2008 04:20 PM

What Photo said. Most likely, the parts surrounding that area shrunk a bit, but the area itself has stayed about the same size. It looks bigger because the surrounding bits are smaller.

cakses 11-12-2008 04:28 PM

I have that happen to me and sometimes depending on what shrank and what didn't I look BIGGER than before. But it does even out thankfully over the course of time, so just hang in there. I'm *still* waiting on my hips to start shrinking after 35 pounds of weight lost. They are the slowest shrinking part on my body. They seem to want to hang there forever!

As for lovehandles, mine have gotten smaller but the small part of my waist above my belly button has shrank so much it's making my lovehandles appear larger than they were before. I measure each week though so I know how much I am losing inches-wise so I don't freak out.

Phoenixflame 11-12-2008 04:30 PM

I swear my body likes to tease me. I was looking in the mirror and thinking "Daaaamn, my tummy's getting flatter! Oh lord now I have a mini-tire."

Anyway, it's good to know it's normal.

MotoMichelle 11-12-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakses (Post 2450120)
I'm *still* waiting on my hips to start shrinking after 35 pounds of weight lost. They are the slowest shrinking part on my body. They seem to want to hang there forever!

This is exactly how it is for me and my tummy. Everything else is shrinking nicely but my tummy is the slowest to go. I carry most of my weight there so I'm thinking it's the old "first place to gain, last place to lose" issue.

MBN 11-13-2008 05:19 AM

Even after reaching goal weight, I found that my body continued to re-shape for a while. People thought I had lost more weight, but in reality, it was just re-distributing!! That's where exercise comes in .... toning and strengthing really helps in getting closer to the body we ultimately want. But it takes time, it doesn't happen overnight.

KforKitty 11-13-2008 05:25 AM

I noticed yesterday that I've now got a roll on my thighs, just below my buttock which will look very strange if I was to wear tight pants - this would not be VPL it would be VBF (visible buttock fat). I hope it goes soon.

Kitty