3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Encouraging Moments (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/155932-encouraging-moments.html)

rodeogirl 11-08-2008 09:08 PM

Encouraging Moments

What is one thing you noticed today that encouraged you and gave you more determination to keep going?

Today I noticed that my pajama bottoms fit better and are more comfy.

ronni62 11-08-2008 09:43 PM

I was finally able to find an inexpensive winter jacket! I haven't had a warm jacket in many years because I couldn't find one that would fit around the hips and that I could also afford! I also found a beautiful dressy shirt that my DH even said looked very nice on me!:D

JulieJ08 11-08-2008 10:13 PM

I noticed that my belly is really starting to change shape. Finally!

Tracymichelle 11-08-2008 10:17 PM

Hi everyone! I went shopping with my family tonight. I was in the dressing room with my 8 year old and noticed myself in the mirror. I was actually pretty happy with how I looked! I still have a good bit to lose but I did not think I looked half bad. I have gone from a size 26/28 to an 18 and I am loving it so far!

UrsusMaritimus 11-08-2008 10:45 PM

I stepped on the scale and saw 150 - a number I haven't seen since my freshman year of college. It was so encouraging!

cfmama 11-08-2008 10:51 PM

I have bony ankles. Like the ankles of a 130 lb person. Very very cute :)

Chele615 11-08-2008 11:33 PM

I was going through pictures from when I was out with friends last weekend and I love how somewhat skinny I'm looking in some of the pictures. I have collarbones!! haha

sh3l5 11-09-2008 02:35 AM

i had a guy mate tell me i looked fantastic....

mazza 11-09-2008 02:44 AM

My skinny shorts fit me better than they did last week.

rodeogirl 11-09-2008 03:43 AM

These are great - keep sharing.

"Motivating Trash" as my Marine friend would say.

mazza 11-09-2008 04:16 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Rodeogirl.

Awesome idea =)

KrisR 11-09-2008 05:20 AM

My new jeans are starting to get baggy in the butt already! And, this morning when doing my morning meditation, I realized that I do not hate my body.....I have crossed over a line where I am enjoying my body and actually feel affection/love toward it. I think this is a critical juncture.

Lori Bell 11-09-2008 08:27 AM

The first thing I noticed this morning (which is very motivating after a difficult "food" week) is I was able to hop out of bed, make it to the bathroom, and then to the coffee pot without a single ache or pain in my feet, back, knees, or hips. I slept like a log and am so glad I talked myself out of a binge for the last several days.

A year ago I literally moved like an 80 year old first thing in the morning. I was in so much pain because of the weight.

Thighs Be Gone 11-09-2008 09:01 AM

Lori Bell, that is fantastic. That's me too! Before, I kept reading for months about my ailments and what could be wrong with me. I was so sore when I got up in the morning and my body creeked for several minutes. It usually took me about an hour before I felt "well."

This morning me and my family are having holiday photos taken for the first time in years. I have two ensembles ready to wear and can't wait to see the photos! What a wonderful gift to myself for the holidays.

cakses 11-09-2008 02:22 PM

When I don't have anything to wear in my closet, it's because everything hanging up is too big and doesn't fit right. Used to be that everything was too small. I opened up my "skinny" box of clothes and all the pants fit now. That's encouraging!