Annoyed and Confused

• This is pointless because Im sure alot of people felt this way or gone through this too but Im just so frustrated!

So during my diet I feel like im doing ok. Ive lost 10lbs and I must be doing something right.

But Im not seeing much of a change, and I know stuff like this doesn't happen overnight.

Im just excited about losing the weight but what if I never see the change?

How far long have you been till you saw any changes?
  • I had a lot more to lose than you, but it took me about 30 lbs. to change sizes. I didn't really notice much of a difference until I had lost 25 lbs. And - it took 40 lbs. for anyone except my husband to notice.

Try taking measurements - you will see changes on the tape before you see changes in the mirror.
  • Aesthetically, I didn't really notice a change until I lost abot 5 kilos (12is pounds). At this point, clothes were looser, I was getting compliments from my family and friends, etc.

However, about 3 days into my lifestyle change (the word 'diet' is eeeevil, I tells ya), I remember beginning to feel more energetic, happier, less bloated (even though I generally didn't feel that bloated anyway) and in general, better.

I was having insane sugar cravings the first few days, but after a couple of weeks, I didn't really want to eat junk food anymore.

The less I ate crap, the less I craved it.

Just stick with it, and you'll totally see an improvement. It's about perseverance and not giving up. (Redundant, I know but I like the word 'perseverance').

If you stick with it, there's no way you'll "never see the change". Patience is key, and (forgetting the beer slogan for a moment), good things come to those who wait.
  • Quote: I had a lot more to lose than you, but it took me about 30 lbs. to change sizes. I didn't really notice much of a difference until I had lost 25 lbs. And - it took 40 lbs. for anyone except my husband to notice.

Try taking measurements - you will see changes on the tape before you see changes in the mirror.
    Thats Intresting. I was sure someone was going to say around 20lb. Im going to try taking measurements, see how that goes. Thanks!
  • It was a good 30lb at least before I noticed any changes, although other people had noticed some and commented on it to me - mostly in my face.

• yes, i only started to see differences after about 8kg or so, but i measured differences much much earlier
  • Quote: Aesthetically, I didn't really notice a change until I lost abot 5 kilos (12is pounds). At this point, clothes were looser, I was getting compliments from my family and friends, etc.

However, about 3 days into my lifestyle change (the word 'diet' is eeeevil, I tells ya), I remember beginning to feel more energetic, happier, less bloated (even though I generally didn't feel that bloated anyway) and in general, better.

I was having insane sugar cravings the first few days, but after a couple of weeks, I didn't really want to eat junk food anymore.

The less I ate crap, the less I craved it.

Just stick with it, and you'll totally see an improvement. It's about perseverance and not giving up. (Redundant, I know but I like the word 'perseverance').

If you stick with it, there's no way you'll "never see the change". Patience is key, and (forgetting the beer slogan for a moment), good things come to those who wait.
    Yeah! I've been craving junk food lately and its driving me nuts! But I have enough will power to not go into those cravings.
    But anyways thanks! Im not good at being patient but I wont give up. I will see changes I guess I just need to wait. ha
  • I started seeing changes around 15lbs lost.

I've lost about 26lbs total from my HW.
  • I remember being at 212 lbs, after starting at 234 and noticing a difference in my clothes.

So that's about 22 lbs.
  • I started at about the same weight you started although I'm a bit taller. I really didn't notice the weight loss until I had lost about 15 pounds. Suddenly, I just felt thinner. I promise, it will happen. I do have to say, however, that how you see yourself may continue to take some time to catch up to the way you actually look. I find these days that sometimes I look in the mirror, and I don't feel that much different -- when I see pictures or hold up my jeans, I know I am now pretty thin, but it can be hard to see sometimes. Other times, I look at myself and feel pretty darn good at all the hard work.

Our minds are very strange...