Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #16  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

This is a great thread looking at the ways we have changed not just in the department of pounds and inches;

In so many ways I have changed beyond recognition since I was that 300lb lady some 21 months ago.

It is so true about the adage "Dieting is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard." I have taken a better path now in my life so my hard is now a different one from before.

My mindset has changed from someone who did not take a lot of pride in her appearance to someone who takes time to select and colour coordinate what I am wearing even down to my jewelry !

To someone who hated shopping for clothing as I had to have what fit me. To someone who enjoys shopping for clothes as I can choose what I like and the colour that suits me.

From someone who shovels food in her mouth without thinking of the nutritional or calorific value. To someone who thinks about food and its nutritional value and getting the best out of my calories.

From someone who lived for food to someone who sees food as a fuel for my body. If I do not put good nutritional food inside me how can I expect my body to work the best for me.

From someone who was looking at wheelchairs and costing them out. To someone who does not need a wheelchair to someone who can walk. I have MS and my weight was effecting my mobility badly but losing the weight has improve it tremendously. I still can not walk long distances or anything like but I am so much better than I was. To me this is the thing I treasure the most. I know that with my condition a wheelchair is a possibility but I can do things to help myself and put wheelchair use off as long as I can.

From someone who was a professional dodger of photographs and had the gold medal in the event . To someone who's will have their photograph taken willingly

From someone who read the success stories and thought that they where only a pipe dream and I envied them. To someone who posted their own before and after pictures to inspire and encourage others.

To someone who did no exercise to someone who who does exercise (even though it is not as often as I would like but I have to be reliant on how the body is performing that day)

In many ways I am a different person and all in 21 months. I never dared dream I would be where I am today.

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-18-2008 at 09:58 AM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote