Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #1  
ChunkyDunkersAnon Founder

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight loss rewards for motivation?

Do any of you reward yourselves when you reach mini goals? I particularly drool over makeup, so I've made a deal with myself that for every five pounds, I'll get a new item. That's turned out to be once a month so far... so it's not killing my wallet and whenever I eye pizza I just think, "That looks awesome but it'd look a mess if you were eating it wearing Kat Von D lipstick... C'mon Kat Von D lipstick..."

Do you guys do this? What do you do? Is it food, an activity, a spa trip? Do you make your spouse rub your feet? What is it and how often? Does it help you stay motivated?
littleblacklies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

my motivation tends to come from events that are going to happen....
dinner....
outing with friends....
more recently a dinner dance in November....
i have my dress, which fits, i just wana look amazing in it....
so its going to keep me motivated til Mid November and working very hard....
im determined to turn a few heads!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

My first 20lbs goal is to get this tattoo I've been dying to get for months. I've technically lost 16lbs, but not from when I promised myself this. I lost 8lbs since then, so 12lbs to go!

I also treat myself once a week to eat whatever I want for a meal. It keeps my tummy happy, so I don't feel deprived. If I binge (which I haven't, yay!!) I will not be able to have this "free meal".

Also - if I reach my goal by April, I will be able to get a more expensive wedding dress.

Little things like that.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I give myself rewards that help me in meeting further goals...so I take my success and let it help me get MORE success. Ideas are workout gear or clothes, songs for your mp3 player, cool cooking gadgets like food scales and individual ramekins for making single portions, air popper for popcorn, etc. Subscriptions to magazines like Fitness, Shape, Cooking Light, etc. are also good.

I get fun rewards that help propel me to more success, which get me more rewards! It's a win-win!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm kind of naughty about treating myself..hehe. I don't treat with food. Like you, I treat myself with girly-girl stuff. Earrings, makeup, SHOES, (my weakness) scarfs, (Stuff that will fit no matter what), and I do it when ever I see something I like... (I am thrifty though, I do look for bargins.) I let myself go for a long time, and never bought anything. For the last five years a big purchase for me would be stretch pants and underwear from Wal-mart, so my HD doesn't seem to mind me getting stuff to look more like the big city girl he married.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/219/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm planning on getting my hair done, pedicure and manicure with my first 20 lbs. I normally get these things done on a monthly/biweekly basis, but with paying for my gym membership I couldn't afford it all. I've gone quite a while w/o having my hair done, and i've been doing manis and pedis myself at home. So that will be so exciting to get to go and get pampered! Also, my husband has promised me a backrub for every 5 pounds I loose. WOOHOO!
Mae8217 is offline   Reply With Quote