Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Default My own personal challenge

I haven't really had a good day; I got fired from my job with no notice and no explanation. What basically happened was that I went on holiday for a week (with full permission from the bosses) and while I was away they replaced me. I'm pretty angry about it, but i hadn't signed a contract so there was nothing I can do. It was only as shop assistant but i really was depending on the money.
But, having this happen to me today has kind of put a line under the feeling I've had lately that i havent been focussing on myself as a person or my goals, so as of now I'm going to reverse that.
So, here is my list of changes I'm going to make in my life as of now!

1. Cop onto myself regarding food choices; I want to lose this weight desperately, so why am I being so lazy about it?
2. Exercise very regularly; I'm going to do the couch to 5k, starting tomorrow
3. Start actually writing my thesis on tuesday
4. Get a 2.1 in my degree; which means study hard!!!
5. Organise my life; that means clothes, books, desk, notes, everything!
6. Find something to centre myself with, I dont really know what that will be but I want to really work out what makes me happiest and keep doing it.

I just wanted to put that in writing to make it official - I'm going to make positive changes in my life as of right now! I must admit a lot of this has been inspired by the sheer strength and commitment to their goals of everyone on this site, its really empowering to know that there are people out there who are so focussed and i want to be the same way
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #2  

IrishRover I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I have to say though, I'm impressed that you're taking it in stride. It's tough to lose a job, and here you are looking for ways to make positive changes in your life on the very same day. Wow! That's a great attitude!
I certainly don't want to sound discouraging, but, do be careful not to be too tough on yourself. Some of your goals are a bit broad and it might be asking a lot of yourself to organize your whole life - some of us never get there(I mean me)! Maybe look for a few smaller steps you can take to help you get organized...Either way, your postivie attitude is inspiring and best of luck to you on your journey!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:58 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yer turn negatives into positives....
its the only way to be i think....
it is a very rough situation, but go out there and find a better job if need be....
good luck with getting all your changes sorted....
we will be here to back you 100%....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! It sounds like you're turning this to your advantage by giving yourself a boost in the right direction. Good for you!

For centering yourself, may I suggest a Tai Ch'i class? This form of body movement isn't aerobic, but it does help with personal balance, both physically and spiritually.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

You are taking on a great attitude about this! Turning your negatives into positives is a wonderful way to approach the situation.

It's amazing the power or attitude has on our life. Good on you! Before you know it things will be really turning around for you.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote