Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #1  

Default Eating disorders

I have thought about eating disorders before, I mean I always thought that I ate too much and it was never healthy but I thought and still think that it is a self control issue with myself and I need to learn to get over it...but in the past few weeks I have been feeling guilty about everything I eat and even drink. It gets so bad that I have the urge to throw up. I tell myself over and over again "I can't believe I ate that, i feel like throwing up" I have only actually thrown up once but I fight the urge on a daily basis, I am scared of becoming bulimic..is that what this is?? is it possible?? and how in the world do I lose weight and feel better about myself without giving myself a disorder like bulimia ??? I am already depressed and scared its going to get worse. Any advice??
readtforchangeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You need to start seeing a therapist if you're having these thoughts.

Seriously, take it from a person who has been dealing with this for more than 6 years. Stop it before it goes any farther.

It's **** to get trapped into that, and you need to learn to take care of your body properly.

Please, get help.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I'd agree--you ought to see a therapist who specializes in food issues. Thinking about throwing up after eating is not normal. Even though you have only done it once, you need to stop NOW. Please get some help with this issue. Once strategy is to have a plan in place, so that you know in advance that what you're eating is OK if it's on plan.

Also, please check out the Chicks in Control forum on 3FC:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64

The 3FC members there understand a lot about these things.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I think like this after a binge....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #5  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

Height: 5'5"

I suffered with bulimia from the age of 12, and it's ****. ****. Even today, I struggle with it, and when I eat too much, I do get the urge to throw up, but please don't do it.

I strongly advise that you speak to a medical professional before it's too late. All I can really say to put you off this behaviour is tell you that it doesn't get you anywhere. I was bulimic for 6 and a half years and I'm much, much bigger than I was when I started. It's a counteractive behaviour which doesn't make you thinner. What it did make thinner, however, was my hair (which fell out in clumps at the height of my problem) and the enamel on my teeth, which has led to me needing a lot of dental work. It has also damaged my stomach and my oesophagus to the point where I can't eat or drink highly acidic foods without having a sore throat (such as orange juice).

Please don't fall into these behaviours, when you fall off the wagon, instead pick yourself back up, vow to try harder not to slip up in the future, and go for a jog or do a workout DVD.

If you need a chat, please feel free to PM me.

xxx
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I struggled with bulimia as well for several years. I, like 220to112, (above ^^) suffer from many of the same heath problems as a result of my bulima. Even though it was a short lived problem in the sceme of things, because of it I suffer from horrible gastric GERD and esophageal sphincter spasms where I literally feel like I'm having a heart attack. I've lost numerous teeth (molars) and scheduled for VERY EXPENSIVE oral surgery and dental implants next month. Not to mention the massive hair loss because of it. It also DID NOT help me lose weight. Look at my starting weight and see how well it helped me stay thin. My problem started out with a simple Thanksgiving day binge, (which most of America does). It got worse and worse for around a 3 year period. When it started I weighed 190 pounds, wore a size 16 and looked pretty darn good IMO. When it ended I weighed over 300. It also made me suffer horribly into the depths of depression, and triggered a new bad habit I hadn't ever had a real problem with until then...Obsessive drinking. Oh sweetie, you don't want to go where I just came back from.

Even though I've been over weight for most of my life, my perfect teeth and thick long silky hair were the envy of the thinnest of women. I ruined the 2 BEST things God gave me by throwing up. Please seek help before it's too late. Please.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 09-18-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote