3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **sigh** Upset (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/150236-%2A%2Asigh%2A%2A-upset.html)

Starrynight 08-27-2008 10:15 PM

**sigh** Upset.. near tears =[

Some rude person is bashing me in a thread on another forum for being overweight and having a boyfriend. apparently it isn't possible and apparently it shouldn't be allowed..
and apparently I'm plus-size even though my weight is about 4 pounds away from average.. :(
I'm so upset.. I'm trying not to let it hurt me because I know that I'm actually fit, a lot fitter than many skinny girls with incredible metabolisms.. and I know that I'm a lot thinner than the picture he chose to show (my prom weight when I was a bit thicker but still, medium/large) and then he made a reference to my frame size.. WHAT I can't change that!
Then I went away and came back to the thread after about 2 hours and there are people defending me but barely... and I posted twice as soon as he posted the thread and then I said I'd leave..
And now he's posted things saying that oh it's just like a fatty to not stand up for themselves..
I know I should just ignore it.. and I'm trying.. It's just tough.. I'm actually near tears over something so petty. I've always had issues with my weight and just when I'm feeling good about myself.. just when I finished a complete day of eating well and exercising.. someone picks me out to make themselves feel better by making fun of me!
It's crazy how cruel people can be..
My boyfriend is busy right now and I really don't want to talk about it with him b/c.. it's so petty but it still hurts.. and I know he'd just tell me to take my pictures off that site but I'm torn whether I should ignore it or really just stand up for myself.. I don't know. It's so petty and I know this is exactly what he expected.. (the poster) so it's weird. On one hand I feel like I don't need to prove myself to him, on the other hand I feel like I'd be giving in. Like.. I know he's probably laughing that I'm not posting because he keeps bumping the thread up when it starts to die.. it's sick that he is entertained by this.

:(

luvja 08-27-2008 10:18 PM

I understand why your upset. Gotta love when people think big girls don't deserve love, not that your big - I'd kill to be your weight. Lol. Seriously though, don't let it get to you, as hard as it may be. Always remember: KARMA is a BEOTCH. :D

luvja 08-27-2008 10:21 PM

p.s. You are VERY beautiful. Don't forget that.

Starrynight 08-27-2008 10:26 PM

:hug:
Thanks.. I'm trying to ignore it.. I really am. I think I'm going to leave that site for a while.. though I'm still confused whether or not I should defend myself or not. I'm just more hurt that.. people either responded with "big girls need loving too" or something very neutral, except for a couple..
UGH!
It's just.. first off.. I know someone will ALWAYS find something wrong with you, you know?
But... he starts saying stuff about fat people being lazy and of course he doesn't care that I've stated that I eat healthy, work out, and that that picture is of over a year ago..
Regardless of all that, he shouldn't be saying what he's saying..
I mean.. if anyone says something racist, people are there, but why is it that "fat" jokes are okay? I don't understand that. I don't like being treated as less than human
UGH and other girls are responding wiht "leave the fatties alone!"
I feel like screaming, hey chick you may have been blessed with genes like that but I'm probably still way healthier than you and 20 years from now I'll probably be running laps around you!

Glory87 08-27-2008 10:29 PM

Of course everyone deserves love, but that's not the point for that guy. You have met an internet troll. There are a LOT of people who use the anonymity of the internet to make OTHERS feel bad so they can feel good. YOu know what he likes? You to respond, he gets attention, he feels powerful. Ignore him. I have probably met 100 of jerks like that over the years and NONE of them are worth even one typed word.

If wasn't your weight, he would try to hurt you for the size of your nose, your heritage, what college you went to or what movies you like, the subject isn't important (and I made all of that up as just typical things, not in reference to you at all) - only your reaction.

luvja 08-27-2008 10:29 PM

Don't even waste your time with arrogant little idiots like that. Just leave the site. And tell your boyfriend not to post pictures of you until he has your approval. I HATE when people do that!!
Cheer up :) That was the past - look at you now, you look fantastic!

Starrynight 08-27-2008 10:34 PM

thanks..
no actually it's pictures I posted up but this guy stole it and used it in a thread. I just know if I tell my boyfriend about it he'll just tell me to remove the pictures and stuff.. and I actually don't want to bother him with this b/c it really IS petty and I know exactly what he'll say.. I mean he'd comfort me but I don't feel like I should dwell on it with him. I just felt like sharing it here b/c everyone here is understanding and it's a forum as well.. (my boyfriend isn't big on forums or facebook or anything) so he wouldn't really get why I was even on that site to begin with (really idk either, this site is a much better place to talk about anything anyway)
Yeah you guys are right.. I'm feeling a bit calmer..
I pm'ed a moderator and asked them to remove the thread.. I mean they remove threads and ban people on religious bashing and things like that so I don't see much of a difference.
You guys are right..
I have so many things to be positive about right now.. I was in such a good mood.. I have many things to be thankful for and this man is clearly insecure and has issues of his own..

Really I'm just more shocked at how people are reacting.. like agreeing with him or barely saying anything. that is what bothers me the most.. I'm a very opinionated person and I hate seeing anyone picked on so it's sad when people justify this type of behavior or accept it..

luvja 08-27-2008 10:36 PM

That'a girl!
to tell you truth, I cannot wait to lose weight, and purposly "accidently run into" anyone who has ever said ignorant things about me and be all like "AND WHAT?!"... HEHE. I'm looking forward to that.... :devil:

Cheree 08-27-2008 10:39 PM

There are jerks everywhere...don't give them the power to be a jerk in your life. They're not worth it.

Starrynight 08-27-2008 10:45 PM

Yeah.. I actually kept checking it to see how people would respond.. but it's not worth it so I just signed out. I'll know if the moderator responds by e-mail anyway.. lol yes luvja that is the best kinda revenge haha :hug:
Meh, I guess I need to toughen up a bit in that aspect.. there will always be someone who will think I'm fat even if I'm at a healthy weight and others who won't, I just need to focus on what I'm happy with and enjoy my life..
Thanks for listening everyone.. I really needed to rant!
:hug::hug:

shelby897 08-27-2008 10:50 PM

Think about it -- if this is how he treats people he doesn't "know", feel bad for people around him. Also, is this someone that holds an opinion that matters to you? Those that care about us are respectful, he's apparently just looking for a fight -- don't give him one. If you don't respond, the thread will die out -- really!! :hug: Your boyfriend knows what a great person you are -- does this other jerk really matter?

dkneec19 08-27-2008 11:00 PM

You are a smokin babe and you know it, your man knows it and we know it. Always know that you can get thinner, he can't get smarter (although...I don't know how much healthier you can get with you being so close to your goal!! :))

He is just looking for a fight and probably just has image issues himself.

Starrynight 08-27-2008 11:10 PM

aww thank you guys! everyone here is so wonderful.. seriously <3
I had to take a little breather.. but I'm getting back into my groove. I spent a little time in the mirror.. and dammit I'm cute and I am shapely.. Jeez I can see my abs coming out, and yes I have a bigger frame, but I have muscles and I'm damn proud of them! and yes my man loves me for who I am and I should be happy for that! He's loved me since 192.. 180.. 170.. and all the fluctuations in between.. I've never felt unsexy around him.. and I can't let someone who I really should pity tell me otherwise. =]
Thanks everyone..

Quixotica 08-27-2008 11:33 PM

A bully is a bully, in cyberspace, in school, on the street, in the home! You are wise to complain to the moderator and not give the guy any steam to go on.

You are pretty and our culture is crazy about limited standards of size and beauty...good for you for not letting someone else shake your sense of self-worth!

Suzzyy 08-27-2008 11:58 PM

You are gorgeous and TOTALLY IGNORE HIM !!!! You are at a great weight right now !! Your weight right now is BELOW my goal weight and I am an inch taller than you !!!! LOL You are the better person just make an effort to not think about it again. Done! Ignore! You have better things to do with your time and energy.
Suzy