Looking for some DFW losers! #3

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hello my DFW friends

Well, tonight I'm single....yes, single.....Greg is out of town on business and I'm here to do nothing. I was thinking about going to Foley's, returning something that I decided I didn't want, getting some more 'sunless' tanning lotion and rent a movie. <sigh> I could have asked my friend Thyra to go out for dinner but I was afraid to eat out with her......she's SO thin and can eat anything....I just wanted to get through this first week without any temptations. Today is day #4!! Woo Hoo!! :sheep:

Mel ~ I know what it's like to have him home on vacation and not be able to stick to your plan. Does he have to lose weight? See, Greg needs to lose some weight too and so we're doing it together. That make it so much easier. I'm doing WW too but not going to meetings, just on my own. I have all the literature needed from the many times I joined. Keep your chin up sweetie......next week, all will be back to normal and you'll be able to get to that WW meeting.

feffyy and asta, hope you both are doing ok......

Have a wonderful evening.

Zoe <><
  • Hello
    Hi ladies,

It has been a beautiful day! I've enjoyed every bit of it too, except for the new sunburn! We all slept in this morning, then had a nice little breakfast and went fishing. (didn't catch anything though) And tomorrow we're going swimming again, maybe fishing too? I haven't eaten much, but what I ate was not so good. But I'm still looking forward to starting WW next week, and I'm excited about the whole plan!!!

Zoe, Do you like the WW plan, and is it better than counting calories? Prentiss is excited about the plan too, and I guess he would say he needs to lose about 20 lbs. but he looks great, because he's always at the gym. He has a very muscular upper body, but he just wants to lose his gut.

We've had such a great week with the boys, and I don't want it to be over, I just want our eating habits to get back to normal.

Asta & Feffyy, I hope everything is alright with y'all. We miss ya!

Well, it's time to go rub down the sunburn, and get cleaned up! Have a good evening.
  • i'm still here!
    Hi everyone! I am still hanging in there! I am getting sooooo frustrated though!

I was doing great on loosing weight until I started working out. Then It seemed slow down. I think it it because muscle weighs more then fat does. I know I have lost inches because my clothes are ALLOT loser. I have been so faithful about my workouts! I am there with bells on Monday threw Friday! I have even went up several levels on the bike and the treadmill. My arms are really amazing me though. When i first started i had NO muscle at all. Now my arms are really starting to have some definition to them. My legs too. The muscle on the top of my legs is starting to stick out. My husband says he can really see a difference. I have lost 4 pounds though so maybe the scale will start moving again.

I wish I didn't feel as though I had a deadline. (sigh) I am going to see my family in August and i was really hoping to have allot of this weight gone by then. But it is moving so slow I will be lucky to be 200 pounds by the time we go. Awww - well they will love me anyway right?

Mel, my heart goes out to you! I TOTALLY know how you are feeling! The main thing is just don't give up! Also don't be hard on yourself about gaining back some weight. Look at it like a long journey with lots of hills! Just keep going and you will get there no matter how many hills there are. I believe in you and don't think you would be here if you weren't serious about making a change in your life! You can do it!!!!!!! We are all here for you even if we don't post every day, we still love you and think about how you are doing! Best of luck on starting WW next week! I think you are going to love it! And take care of that sunburn! OUCH!

Zoe, I have one of those Thin friends too. She is also a kick-boxing instructor I just feel like a big fat blob next to her. She asked me to go out to lunch with her the other day and i said no. I can't wait to really start feeling like i am not fat any more. (sigh) Sounds like you are doing great Zoe! Day #4 and going strong! Hang in there!!! You can do it!

Asta, how are things going?

Talk to you all soon!

feffyy

265/219/138( 81 pounds to goal! )
  • Hello and Good Evening y'all ~

Ok, another day under my belt, day #5 today and still not hopping on the scale. Oh Lord, thank you and I can't wait until Monday morning to see how I've done. Greg is home from his business trip and got home before me today. He said that he got on the scale. Ugh! How could he!! So this afternoon, around 4pm, he had lost 12.5 pounds!! Now, remember, first week, male and bigger than me......oh how I will be so thankful for half that.

feffyy ~ Good going on your work outs. Don't fret, no matter how much more weight you lose by the time you see your family in August.....the more you work out, the heavier your muscles get but the smaller you get. So even if you don't get as close as you want to get to your goal, all that working out will make you look you have lost more. You're doing so great, hang in there.

mel ~ What day is the WW meeting? Getting close now and you'll be on your weigh I've been thinking about you. I love the WW point system (yes, MUCH more than counting calories) and you will too.

asta ~ hey there....how's it going with you?

Have a great Friday evening.....
  • Welcome back! :D
    Hi ladies,

It's good to hear from you Feffyy sounds like your really making progress! What a great inspiration y'all are to me! Zoe , this means you to!
    Y'all are so sweet and encouraging, and I appreciate it so much, THANK YOU!!! Ladies, I think that you're doing so great, and I can't wait until I get to report a loss again! Feffyy, Zoe is right about losing and and working out, you'll look better just from being tone, than if you had just lost the weight. My Dh lost weight, plus started working out and WOW what a difference, but he's gained back about 18 lbs. That's why he's excited about WW too!!! And Zoe, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you do get on those scales. Remember, water, water, water! I myself, am having such a hard time drinking water, I don't get near enough? That's why I started having kidney problems last year.

Feffyy, the sunburn is feeling better, but now I'm peeling and I look like a snake shedding his skin. Thanks, for the kind words, they really do mean alot!

Zoe, My first WW meeting will be Tuesday night at 5:45, and I don't think that I could get more excited! Thanks for the advice, and it's great that I'll have friends to talk me through it!

Asta, is everything going ok? Take care!

Good night! TTFN
  • Hi!
    Well, I made it through Dh's vacation with out gaining any more, now to get back OP. We're staying in today so that we can catch up on all our chores! Plus I'm feeling a little sick too!

Zoe, how is everything going? You're doing great, keep it up!
    Just one more day, and then you get to see for your self how great you've done!

Feffyy, Now that Dh's vacation is over, I'll be getting back into the gym too! Are you hooked, you know they say that working out is very addictive! And I'm ready to catch the fever!

I think y'all are doing so.... great! Congratulations!

TTFN
  • Good Sunday evening!

Ok, it's Sunday evening and I have been 100% this week and tomorrow is weigh day. I'm anxious but nervous. You know how when you do SO good and expect BIG results. that's when you don't get them. So I'm awaiting the morning to weigh.

What I also did when I started was to take before pictures, front and side, it black bikini panties (ugh! what a sight!!) and black bra. I also took a piece of string and measured my hips with it and cut it off. This way, as I shrink away, I can see how big I once was.

Mel ~ I know that you loved having him home but I'll be now that it's over, you're relieved to be able to get back on track. It's almost WW day.... ..... Hey, I'll bite, what is TTFN?? Hope you had a good weekend.

feffyy ~ hope you had a great weekend too. How are you doing?

Good night my friends.....tomorrow starts a new week

Zoe <><
  • Hi,

Well it's nearly over, and yes Zoe I will be glad to get back on track. I was actually thinking of taking a before shot of me too, but not for anyone else to see! I like the string idea though, sounds like a good way to really see the inches melt away!

I can't stay on since it's our last night, but I'll be back in the morning!

Ta Ta For Now =TTFN
  • I'm back!
    It's officially over, Dh has gone back to work! And what a mess I have to clean up, a whole weeks worth! Plus, I'm thinking about the menu for this week, chicken-chicken and more chicken, maybe a little Tuna?

Zoe, I'm dying to know the #? Tomorrows my WW day!!! Maybe soon I'll have a smaller #, but I've gotta make it through today first?

Feffyy, Back to the gym to day, You Go Girl!!! I was planning on going tonight, but I don't know now? Last night I was going outside to feed the puppies, and my knee started hurting? Dh says it sounds like I Hyper Extended it, so I will have to stay off it for now to let it get better. Anyone know anything about this, how long before it's better? Maybe it's something else?

Asta, how are you? Still playing tennis?

Well, I'm off to clean up! See ya soon!
  • Hello my DFW friends....It's Monday night.....I always feel like I've accomplished something when 5pm on Monday rolls around.

Well, today was weigh day......can I say I was dissappoiunted? Well, when I tell you I lost 5 pounds, you'll say WHY ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED????????????? I suppose I should be happy. It's just that I'm so used to losing 7 or 8 pounds my first week OP and I was really SO on track, SO good this week. So this morning, I had lost 5 pounds and tonight when I got home (and jumped on the scale AGAIN), I lost 6....so 5 or 6....hey, I know, I should be ashamed of myself for not accepting that with a smile on my face. Ok..... I'm sorry....Opps....woo hoo, 5 pounds!!!

mel ~ I took that before pic, front and side view and it's still on my digital camera. I'll put it on the computer in a file with a password on it. So, good luck tomorrow at your meeting. The first meeting is fun....weigh in, new literature, new friends......it will be so much fun. What time to you go? Can't wait to hear how you LOVE it.

Hi feffy and asta, hope you're both well.

Nighty night,
    Zoe <><
  • Hi!
    Hello ladies!

I'm so excited about tomorrow! WW meeting!!!!! Yeah!!!! Zoe, you've really got me hyped about the whole thing, I'm ready! My meeting is at 5:45 p.m. and it's going to kill me to have to wait all day. We just had chicken and brown rice w/ veggies, Mmm.... good. I didn't get my water in, but that is my goal for tomorrow!

Well, I guess I better go baby Ds, he's running a fever today. Night, BBS ( Zoe=be back soon ) sorry, just playing
  • Meeeeeeeeelllllllll ~ how'd it go, how'd it go???????

Can't wait to hear from you
  • Good morning!
    Hi Ladies,

Well Zoe, I went ... and ... ... I really enjoyed the whole meeting. I wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought I would have been, but I weighed in heavier on they're scales, so I've got a new start number. I just had my first winning points breakfast, cereal & skim milk (6pts.) and I wrote it down before I even sat down to eat! Last night after the meeting I went to Walmart and picked up a few things just for me, and had to threaten my family to stay away. It's funny, they always want what they can't have? I guess it's kinda like reverse psychology, with them NO means YES! Anyway, I'm very excited and I'm glad that I have you and my sister in La. to help answer questions and give me helpful info. I appreciate it. Thank you

Feffyy, how are you doing ? Any luck breaking through that plateau? I know you'll do it, just keep going.

Asta, where are you? We miss you!

By the way, I'm feel better, and my knee isn't hurting as bad now either! I'm off to go try and plan some meals for this week,
    I'll BBL! TTFN

274.2/mini goal 264/ goal 145 (mini goal is for July 1st)
    (10% goal 247 by 10/12/02)
  • Hello Y'all!! I really feel great ~ I've been so OP and feel confident that my loss next Monday will be good again. I guess I was just 'half' kidding when I said I was disappointed about losing only 5 pounds. Heck, 5 pounds is 5 pounds is 5 pounds.....right?? So yes, I'm happy with it and just know that come Monday, I will be less again.

Melissa, mi amiga.....I'm so excited for you! Don't worry about the numbers that the WW scale said. A loss is a loss and the first week is so encouraging since we tend to lose alot more than the norm. I love cereal and skim milk in the morning. I have 1 cup of all bran (2 pt), 1 cup skim milk (2 pt) = 4 pts. Sometimes I put sliced banana in it and add 2 more points. A really GREAT lunch: 4 oz cooked/grilled chicken, cold and cut into chunks (4 pt), add chopped celery (o) and 4 Tbs of low fat mayo (2 pt) (I really do measure EVERYTHING!) Voila', chicken salad that's wonderful. Add salt, pepper, even some curry. I eat it either with 2 slices of light bread (1 pt) or WASA crackers (1 pt each....they're big!) Anyway, I am here if you need anything. Good luck!!

feffyy ~ Hope your plateau has given up the ghost and you're not moving down again. Don't give up on us here....come back, come back.

asta ~ here there.....how are you?

Good night y'all.......TTFN (ha! thanks Mel)
  • Hi!
    Well, today was my first day OP with WW and I love it!!!! I actually had more to eat today than I usually have on any given day. Maybe that's what was wrong? I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of stuff to make different kinds of chicken. I was in Walmart for 3 hours, so I think that was my workout for today. By the time I got home and put everything up, I was totally drained. Whew!!!!

Zoe, You should be excited, I know 5 lbs would just thrill me! I'm happy for you! And Thank you for the encouragement! I like your meal ideas too, they sound yummy! Do you change it up, or do you have the same thing everyday? I barely reached my minimum points today, my range is 27 - 33, and I had 27. How do you space them out? I didn't want to eat them all to early, so I took it easy and then I was late with dinner so I didn't know if I would get them or not.

Well, I have to go help find the missing Hampster (just got loose)!

Good night
    TTFN