Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 10:54 AM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to check in and say hello. I got a quick chance to read some of the posts........and look at some pictures. It is GREAT to see what you look like!!!!!! Gee, this is fun.
Anyway, I am going to print this out and read later.........have no time now.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!! (and hope Dh is ok, Spryng)
Ginny
Old 04-11-2002, 12:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!! happy to report the preg. Test was negative. Of course we want one more eventually but just not right now. My kids are 28 and 16 months now. I need to give my body a rest.
My DH was at the ER until 1:00 this morning. All his tests came back fine but they don't want him to go back to work for 7 days in which time he will see a cardiologist. But they don't seem to worried anymore. That's a relief. But they still haven't explained the chest pains. But they think maybe his gallbladder is acting up (even though the tests show it is normal) and that when he eats a heavy meal his chest will hurt a little. But that's still to be determined.
But now that MY test came back negative I need to focus on me again. I'm going to a local book store to see if they carry Fit For Life and if the price is too high I'll check out our local library. Our libraries are tiny and don't have much stuff anymore. I'm always dissapointed when I go there. But maybe they'll have that one. The big library in Fort Smith has everything but costs 20 dollars for a card. OUCH. That's because we live out of state.
Well, I'm hurrying my husband to get around this morning. He's bugging me right now (he is also reading this post) It's hard to type with someone looking over your shoulder.
Guess he is wanting attention so I'll get off here. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-11-2002, 03:32 PM   #33  

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to say to Spryng, that I am glad all turned out well for you. My DH, is leaving tommorow am, and I am preparing for that. Have to make sure he is all ready. I think I ate one too many rice cakes. My head is ringing!! WEll I will write much more tomorrow, Kinda running around today!! I dont know how to send a pic. mine is old anyways@!!!( when I was 70 pounds smaller) Take care!!

Latisia
Old 04-11-2002, 10:11 PM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Pfew!!!!!! I survived today..........and stilll have a few marbles rattling around in my head......
Spryng- so glad that Dh is ok!!!!!!!!!!! It also sounds like (you mentioned the post heavy meal discomfort) acid reflux could be a culprit. If that has not been checked out- it could be a possiblity. (not that I am a Dr or anything). And I am happy for you that the pg test came out negative. You sound stressed....I hope that you can get some time off for yourself. Well, I guess I was off base on your appearance!
Jackie, my friend, somehow I think you with Barbie or Ken or anyone framing you would make us all smile!!!!! Go for it- even if Barbie is in the frame with you. We all know that you are a mom and well, stranger things have happened to us all since becoming moms. I will never forget the time (I worked full time until Dd, the 15 yr old, turned 18 months when I retired to mommyhood) that I ran out to the onsite daycare to nurse her- and returned to a meeting with spitup on my shoes and shoulder! (stupid me, I was in too much of a rush to notice ) Or the time that I went into work wearing a necklace that Ds had made for me that morning out of nothing but paperclips! (forgot that I had put it on, opps!) I'd love to see what you look like! So, how is life with you now that the kiddies are back in school?
Sheila- Your hair is magnificent!!!!!!!!! I could not have been more off base with your appearance. (we must have had you howling when you read that most of us had you as a blondie).
I was never able to keep hair all that long so I am always amazed by someone who can. For some reason I had you as a rather tall blonde- looking sort of like my neighbor (who I like) who is a tall blonde.
Jen- so you did not tell us who the furry friend is in your picture!!!!!(or did I miss that?) You really look like you to me, if that makes any sense. In the picture I see a warm, fun person- someone easy to be with. You come across the computer to me that way too!
Misti- well I was sort of off with my idea of what you looked like! Opps! I hope that you can leave a picture here too. Isn't this fun? And did it stop raining yet? What did you get in your garden?
Latisia- great that you have an excercise plan going, in addition to healthy eating. You will get that weight off.......keep checking in with us here, we will keep you going!

Ok, I have kept suspense here long enough......as for my appearance............ya really want to know?????
I live in my walking shoes.....and go thru a pair every 3- 4 months.
The pair I have now I got early January, and it is time for a new pair. Ok, Jackie? I am 5'4"- basically an apple in shape, so most of my weight is in my stomach. I have medium skin tone- which leans toward the sallow and can tan nicely. My eyes are brown (medium brown) and my hair is just above the shoulder in a dark brown. My hair (even without assistance!) picks up red highlights easily. For Mother's Day I am planning on getting some more "natural" highlights, if you know what I mean!!!!! (covers up the dumb grey...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) I wear my hair either down or if the day is really busy back in a scrunchie (which is about every other day). Nails? what nails??? I sew, I garden, I fix the house (paint, refinish furniture) so my nails break easily. Opps! Two more things about my appearance. I am usually in the drivers seat of a silver Quest.............and usually have a cup of tea glued to my hand (my sanity, the tea that is).
I will somehow get a picture downloaded and on here in a week or so.
Have I babbled enough for one day?????
Time for some sleep! We actually get to sleep in tomorrow. Ds is on a class trip to Washington DC (no need to wake him up), Dd has a 9 am dentist appt- so she can sleep late and the youngest Dd does not leave until 8:45! So we might actually get to sleep in unitl 6:30 or 7 (my morning begins at 5:15).
Have a great nite, y'all!
Ginny
Old 04-11-2002, 10:16 PM   #35  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone!!
Spryng, I'm so glad things are coming together for you. I really thought about you all day. What a week you have had. I would have done some serious stress eating. Did you check amazon.com for your book?
T-girl, I'm glad to see you posting and keeping up with us. We are a wacky bunch. But these girls are fantastic. Really, I've come along way. No way could I have done it without them.
Ginny, when do we get to see you? Did you say? I must have missed it.
Jackie, I can't wait to see you and Ken if you can't find your fav pic.
The filly is being bottle fed, doing great too. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:27 PM   #36  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Question I wasn't finished.

I'm a dope, what can I say.
As for my day, I had the dreaded once a year womanly doctor appt today. Oh joy. Anyhow, the scale stopped at 119#. I'm begining to feel pretty comfortable. Finally. I'll probably go down 4# then begin my struggle to maintain.
Does anyone know anything about the cabbage soup diet? I was considering this to drop these last few #'s.
I'm going to post a picture. I really want to wait untill I have a minute to brush my hair and put a dab of makeup on though. I'm a fright without makeup.
I really got to get to bed. Nighty Nite girls.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:12 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

Wow! What a crazy week it has been for me! Everyday something
more exciting to do. Last night & this a.m. has topped them all!
My ds, who has ADD had to publish a book for his teacher. He got this assignment before spring break started, so he could have had a lot of time to work on it. Well, I get this FAX sheet from his teacher stating that he didn't have it finished yet. During the spring break, ds told me that it was just about finished & wasn't due until several days after the spring break. He gets it out @ 9:30 last night & only the binding & pages were sewn together. So...this leaves him with a story to write, edit and then later on tpye & print. So...guess who gets this job? You got it!! He then tells me @ 10:45 p.m. last night that he needs a fabric cover & of course it has to be in an African print. I just went through all of my old clothes 2 weeks ago & gave away all the clothes that I didn't want anymore. So...my so called "Zoo" shirt with the African animals all over it supposingly was donated to Goodwill. I had a hard time parting with this shirt, as this was my "zoo" shirt for the past 7 years! Well, I decided to go through my "unsure" clothes & thank goodness, I didn't get rid of it! It is now made into the fabric cover of his book! What a remembrance
huh? I guess we will cherish this book for years to come! I stayed up 'til midnight working on it & then got up @ 5:00 this a.m. to work on it again & we finally finished it @ 7:45 this a.m.
Of course through all of this, ds missed the bus, so I had to drive him to school & we just made it in time! I then had to drive 1/2 hr
in the other direction to take dd to school, which unfortunately, she was the one penalized for being tardy. DD talked me into walking her to her class & ask if the teacher could be so kind to let dd be "on time" for the attendance slip. Thank goodness she excused her! Well, I'm back home again after spending an hour and a half in the car! DD has a 1/2 day of school today & guess where we're going this afternoon? THE ZOO!! I will be wearing my "New" zoo shirt, which is Kaki in color with a lot of zoo animals embroidered across the top of it.
I wore it one time before to the zoo & several people thought that I was a zoo attendant. How funny, huh? Well, I get to finish my day this evening relaxing @ my friends house. She has planned a little get together, where we will play cards & other games & of course eat & gab. I'll be bringing veggies & a light dip.
Oh!, guess what? I'm down another 0.5# I think it's a total of 9# now. I'm so happy with this plan & hopefully I'll get to my goal with this program. Now all I have to do is add weight training on a regular basis & of course, keep peddlin'. Thank you all for all of your descriptions of yourself & again for the pictures. Ginny: Your description of yourself sounds a lot like me, only I have a "pear" shape, with shorter permed hair & darker brown eyes. (Including the walking shoes!) I drive my crew around usually in my Dark Green Ford Taurus Wagon, with the kids fighting over who gets to sit in the rear-facing back seat! This car is a lot of fun!
T-girl: I hope you won't miss DH too much & that he has a safe trip to & from his destination. Does he travel a lot for work? Mine does! You may describe yourself if you'd like, or did you already. We'll wait 'til you feel comfortable to post a pic, okay? Misty: You are so, so lucky to be so close to your goal. You lucky gal, you! (I'm jealous!!) I can't wait to see your picture! Ginny: I'll try & get that Barbie Digital camera working this weekend, with a little help from my ds. (He owes me big time!) DS is the computer geek in our household & hopefully we will figure out how to take the picture, download it onto the computer & then finally transfer it to our website! Wish me luck Gals!! I loved your working mom stories, sound a lot like some of mine! One time I was delivering mail & made it til' quitting time & was punching out @ the clock to go home when another carrier tapped me on the shoulder & whispered to me that I had a bib hanging out of my pocket! I then yelled out an "Oh My Goodness!" & all the carriers started to laugh at me, or should I say laugh "with" me? Another time I was out on my foot route & someone asked me for directions. Of course I was moving my arms around & pointing to different streets to let the patron know where to go. After they left, I noticed that my button was open on my uniform shirt with my bra & boob sticking out! I bet that guy got a rise out of this, huh? (I was in great shape back then.) Spryng: Thanks for checking in with us. Hopefully you will get the time to post more later. (Without your dh looking over your shoulder!) For your sake: I'm glad that you aren't pregnant! Enjoy your "girlish" figure for awhile, okay? I'm still keeping your DH in my prayers. It was kind of funny last night because he was @ the tail end of my prayers & I kept falling asleep & had to keep asking for my prayer request over & over again, with a noticable slurr in my speach! Well, it's time for me to go pack my cooler for the zoo, take my shower & scrub my floors & be ready to go in the next 1.5 hrs., so I'd better get going. My post is long enough anyways! I hope you all have a great day & a great weekend. Take Care!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:09 PM   #38  

Default Hello everyone

Just a quick answer to the unanswered question of where did my picture go.. Well simple , after my husband had a big discussion with me about having my pic posted I decided for "family harmony" I would remove my pic.. He just is a bit uneasy with the whole "net thing as a whole and so to make him feel comfortable I removed it..It has nothing to do with you all.. But when I used to have my pic in profiles I use to get alot of unessasary emails from some really unique people . Hope you didnt mind

Now for some good news I lost a whole pound..!!!! so instead of 261.5 I am 260.5 I am happy about it I been so upset with that gain..

Freckles I had you wrong I almost guaranteed the red hair , I was way off..LOL

Lilbit I know how to make cabbage soup I just didnt know there was a diet for it...Hmmmm sounds like something I would try ..Not every single day to I reach goal but something I would try like once a month ..Oh and to answer your question about how long I have been growing it , I made a "donation" of 14 inches to Lock of Love back in May of 1997.. I had it cut to shoulder length .. My hair grows fast which to me it is a good thing I look very bad in shorter hair.PLus long hair covers my sparetires on the sides of me ...
ECMOM I admit I was kinda laughing real hard at the blondie description..I have ONCE thought of dying my hair blonde but since dying it would do alot of damamge I never did it.. I go thru enuf conditioner and Infusium23 leave in treatment just to keep from getting split ends..Right now I am still a bit leery of getting my hair colored to cover the 50% grey (which if I bring the top part and pull it back the gray doesnt show that much..I am on the top grey..(Native American Ansestry is sometimes a great thing except they get grey early)

Tgirl I am not sure if I welcomed you earlier or not so WELCOME Tgirl I dont get online much I been too busy with stuff here . Yesterday I had a fever and slept most the day away.. But my body needed it I guess..Thats why I havent been posting much this week.. I do walking tapes that require weights and lately I been dancing to the radio while I chug away at housework..

Spryng Congrats (????)on your negative test . Actually not too sure on how to respond to that one so I am guessing..Sorry about all the stress you been thru glad that things are improving for you and hubby..
Well I am going to end for now I have to get ready to do the erreands .. I will check back before tonight since I wont be around to post till monday ( quality family time on weekends )
Take Care and talk soon
Sheila
Old 04-12-2002, 02:17 PM   #39  

Good afternoon everyone!!
Well today is officially my first day of Fit For Life. I went grocery shopping this morning and now I have enough fresh fruit and vegtables to kill somebody. I had a avocado and tomato sandwich for lunch which was suprisingly delicious! I'll be having many more of them and then I had some baby carrots as a sort of side dish. And four glasses of water so far so I am doing good. My DH wants steak for dinner so I may have a small steak with lots of vegtables and a big salad.
I bought the book yesterday at our local Hastings store. It was the last one. I was so glad. I just love it. It makes so much sense to me. I think this is the diet for me.
I wanted to thank everyone who has been concerned about my DH and myself. And yes I have been stressed out. But today has been a wonderful day and I feel great and optimistic about my weight loss and life in general. And thank you a million times Jackie for including us in your prayers. I was truly touched by that. You are an amazing friend and I am so glad that we met.
Well, DH wants to run to town to buy a bbq grill so I guess I need to work on getting my kitchen all cleaned up. I'll check in tonight.
Have a great OP day all!!
Old 04-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #40  

Default my progress..

Hello everyone, I have lost a total of 2 pounds in the past week. Not too bad, I normally lose weight quicker, but as you see, it never stayed off. I suppose now it will.

Congratuatlions Sheila!! THat is wonderful, every loss is a major tribute to your work!! Congratulations to Spryng on her new start, keep it up!

I have to be honest everyone about yesterday, and quite frankly, part of today, Went out with Dh yesterday, and ate very horribly. He left his darn doritos behind, I was looking everywhere for somewhere to put them out of site, Now they are being consumed by me!! I am going to start fresh again in the am and do my tae-bo!! It really is good for me.

My Dh travels quite a bit, with the army, as far as looks, I have black hair brown eyes, and right now, I am an xxlarge frame(temporary) I am black. I love to read, play, and fix myself up ..

I am a little upset with myself, about the last day and a half, but not discouraged. I will talk to you all later..

Latisia
Old 04-12-2002, 08:59 PM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!!!!
Well, after surviving yet another day of absolute insanity (ah, so what else is new) I am back! Dh stayed home today so that we could go to Dd's softball game, over an hour away from home) and Ds comes home from his trip tonite. And all the other mommy stuff...........hey, I made it thru it!
Glad to read the posts... and I got a few laughs out of them. I wish I had time to personally respond. Maybe later after Dd gets off the computer (she is patiently waiting for it). The little one wants to go to bed- so it is night time Bible story time for me!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 04-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #42  

I'm back tonight. I'm happy with myself today. Dinner was a little off plan but not outrageous so I'm not worried about it too much. It's going to take me some time to get used to all the vegtables I have to consume on this diet. I was a person who didn't like fruit of any kind and ate very little roughage. And now I have to eat alot of it everyday so I am going to try and ease myself into this type of eating habit. I did learn something valueable that Jackie may be interested in. The Fit For Life book says not to take a multi-vitamin before 12:00 pm and not to drink water with a meal. To drink it afterwards. And if you are eating 70% high water content foods than it's not nessasary to drink 8 glasses of water a day because you'll be getting enough water with your fruits and vegtables. But to listen to your body when it feels thirsty. I thought that was very interesting. Tomorrow I have it all planned out. Fruit for breakfast, probably an orange or two, Avacado and Tomato sandwich for lunch with a salad and then I think I may a have a big backed potato with butter and a salad and steamed brocoli for dinner. That's my plan I just hope I stick to it. The book says that if you eat exactly how it says, to food combine properly and eat only fruit until noon and never eat after 8:00 pm except for water or fruit then he guarentees you'll lose about 10 lbs in 10 days or so. If that is true then I would be only a lb away from my goal in 10 days. It sounds so nice but 10 days can contain stress or whatever it is that makes me stray from plan. The first day is always the hardest for me but I really want it this time. I want to finish.
Misty, I have heard of the cabbage soup diet. It does shed weight fast but it is all water weight and I learned the hard way on that cleansing diet that the water comes back even if you are eating low cal or whatever. So it can make you feel like a failure. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Keep us informed of what you decide. You are doing so great anyway.
Latisia, I am so glad that you have joined us. Don't worry about snacking on the doritos. It seems like you have the right mindset. You'll try anew tomorrow and and eventually we'll all get it right huh?? This dieting thing is a career for us women it seems. Sometimes I just want to quit but then I know I don't want to gain back the 30 plus lbs I've already beaten off. It's hard but worth it in the end. What kind of diet are you on?
Well my email is buzzing and I keep getting paged on it so I guess I need to get off here and check it out. Talk to your gals tomorrow!!
Old 04-13-2002, 12:17 PM   #43  

Good morning!
Well here is another great start to a beautiful day. I've already had my fruit for breakfast and now we are getting ready to do some yard work. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping that if I keep myself busy today I won't be tempted to cheat. We'll see. But I'm optimistic so far
How is everyone's weekend going?
I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I hope everyone has a great OP day! I'm rootin' for ya!!
Old 04-13-2002, 03:40 PM   #44  

Default Hello, hello!

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thank you to spryng for those helpful words, I am doing wel today, Did alot of house work!! Cleaned up the mess my Dh let, my goodness. It is such a beautiful day though, have to go to the park or somewhere when the baby wakes up!! Just wanted to check in with everyone. Have a good day..

Latisia
Old 04-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #45  

I guess everyone is busy today. Nobody has posted. So I thought I would check in. Today went ok. But I made a decision. I can't do Fit For Life. I mean it sounds good and all but I can't ever figure out a good dinner for me so I end up eating the wrong things. Low calorie worked the best for me so I guess I'm going back to it. Then I can eat whatever I want as long as I keep the calories between 1000 and 1200. I like the whole fruit for breakfast idea so I will probably keep that in it but I can't keep my proteins and starches seperated. I am going to eat more fresh vegtables though. I bought a ton of them so I might as well eat them. But there are days I want mac and cheese and I can't have it on Fit For Life. Did I quit too fast?? I feel like I am making the right decision. I'm gaining weight so I need to get control of this again and low calorie worked for me the first time. I just have to control my portions. Let me know what you think. I'm off to fitday.com to figure out how many cals are in the fruit I eat. I'll check in again tomorrow.
Besides that everything is going well today. Took the kids fishing with my dad and 2 yo little brother. Was a ton of fun and am planning on more tomorrow evening.
I'll see you girls later!
Closed Thread