3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Yesterday I had an epiphany! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/148880-yesterday-i-had-epiphany.html)

CandyKisses0204 08-11-2008 05:55 PM

Yesterday I had an epiphany!

So yesterday was a LONG day for me. Woke up early, went to the gym but it got broken into so i couldnt work out, took care of my twin niece and nephew (5mos old), took them for a walk and it started raining, my car got hit. So on and so forth. So by the time i get home its been 8 hours or so since i had eaten. I know thats bad, but sometimes it just happens. Anyway my bf wanted me to cook and i was too crabby. Then he wanted to go to his moms and i was NOT up for that. So i gave in and ate rallys. Mind you the whole time i was eating this i was yelling at mysel fin my head that 1 i did not need it and 2 it was going to lead to a binge. I had a big buford. For those of you not familar with this it is HUGE and about 1000cals for one. I didnt eat fries or a pop. Then we somehow ended up at DQ for icecream. I got a small blizzard and took about 5 bites of it. I gave him the rest cause i was FINALLY full. Well we end up renting a movie and we walk in and had to leave cause i was so SICK. I mean i couldnt even walk i just wanted to roll up in a ball and vomit. So the epiphany ladies... I DO NOT like feeling too full anymore! I used to think i loved feeling full and up until now i was having trouble not stuffing myself thinking i would be much more satisfied if i did. And i decided from now on I am going to do just what my yoga instructor tells us to do. Listen to my body and honor my body. I should have listened to my body, but i am not mad. Im actually glad i did this cause now i know and remeber that that stupid burger is NOT worth it and my body will NOT thank me for it. However my body is thanking me for the decision to be healthier and not just cut calories but cut out processed foods. I was eating all highly processed foods every day and Today is the day i decide I will NOT do any more damage to my body and im going to give it everything that it wants and needs, not what my stupid little brain is craving. Wow sorry for the long post I just needed to share cause i know you ladies are the only ones who will appreciate this.

mandalinn82 08-11-2008 06:14 PM

What a great realization to come to!

There is a certain...heaviness associated, for me, with overeating. I hate that feeling. Even though I eat big quantities of food, though mostly veggies, the healthy foods I eat don't give me that gross heavy feeling.

:bravo: ona great NSV/epiphany

GradPhase 08-11-2008 06:20 PM

I wish I'd read this 15 minutes ago before eating a whole box of mac and cheese. I feel sooo sick now.. hopefully this time is the last time!

blondebritbrat17 08-11-2008 06:45 PM

LOL Eskinomad.. I hope so too for you! I've had plenty of those times too and finally stopped myself a couple of months ago too.

To the OP- WTG on your realization!!

Amany 08-11-2008 07:39 PM

I completely get it.

Whenever I indulge in too much of a no-no, I feel sluggish, my stomach gets bloated, I feel like throwing up and (maybe this sounds weird), I can feel my heart beating extra fast. It's like my body goes into overdrive trying to figure out how to metabolize the horrible food I just fed it. If I eat like that two days in a row, then I feel tired and sluggish for at least as many days. On top of all that, I don't sleep well when I eat like that. My body just can't seem to rest.

:hug: Congrats to you for having your epiphany. You had a great breakthrough moment.

sh3l5 08-12-2008 02:02 AM

i hate the feeling of over eating....
at points i just cant move and have to lie on the bed!....