The delay?

• Am I nuts or am I really noticing about a week of delay following overeating or extra workouts for example- before I notice a result (positive or negative)?

The only seem that seems to affect me immediately is sodium (fluid retention).

Anyone else?
  • It always takes several days for my body to fully incorporate the results of overeating and it take a week or longer for my to show results from good diet/exercise.

I see lots of people talk about overeating and being worried about the scale will say the next morning. I'm not worried about the next morning--that's not nearly enough time for my body to convert those calories into fat. Any weight gain I see the following morning is just water. When I overeat, I'm more worried about what the scale is going to say three or four days down the road--that's truly added fat, not water.

If sodium is going to affect me, it doesn't usually affect me the next day and it can take two to three days for my body to release the water. Sometimes it doesn't affect me, though. It's hard to figure out the cause.
  • Sodium really affects me the next day. Overeating, it takes several days for that to show up, for whatever reason.
  • so true.
  • im not so sure on this....
    i always thought it took a couple of days to show up losses on the scales....
  • It takes my body about 4 days to process overeating or binging and I have no idea about positive results..I'd say anything from a week +