Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Default not exactly an emotional eater...

While I'm not an emotional eater I do tend to go off track when I'm in physical pain. I slept wrong on my neck Wednesday night and I've been indulging in comfort foods since. I haven't been to the gym since and feel bad. I know I'll be back on track when I feel normal again... just needed to vent my realization.

Does anyone else go off track when in physical pain? How do you cope?
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hm, it doesn't occur to me to eat when I'm in physical pain... Eating is more associated with emotions like feeling stressed out, for me.

When I'm in physical pain I use ice packs, rest, pain relievers, etc. I sure hope you feel better soon! Do you have a chiropractor, osteopath, or M.D. you can see?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, I do that! The worst for me is menstrual cramps... if I'm crampy, I just want to eat ice cream and chocolate and cookies all day long. Recently I had some really nasty tooth pain, and every time I thought about it, I wanted a snack.

Also makes it REALLY easy to justify skipping exercise, even when there are plenty of things you can still do... like when my tooth hurt, I said "oh well, I can't run, I won't do anything" instead of going out on my bike or lifting weights or whatever.

I have no advice, other than to use the best painkillers you can so that you don't have to think about the pain!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Oh Taurie, I can definitely relate... I've been going through some tough medical stuff lately, I'm in a lot of pain and I'm exhausted. It was hard to stay OP, my good habits were weakening and before I knew it I was back eating crappy, and in turn feeling even crappier... I needed comfort in any form I guess. I'm recently single, so I had no one here to comfort me, I wasn't taking pain pills so there was no escape there, but the food was there... I ate poorly for awhile but I turned it around. We all work so hard to change habits and I couldn't bear the thought of 'wasting' my efforts; then I would be in both emotional and physical pain then... no thanks... ! BTDT. It is getting easier to win the battles with myself between what I want, and what I need....sometimes I want to eat crap, but I know I need nutritious foods and exercise... Good Luck... Don't let the guilt monster in !!
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote