Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #31  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

a week ago, I stepped on my scale and it said I gained 6 lbs. The first reaction was : O.O and then a scream "NOOOOOO". After that, I calmed down and knew what's wrong (TOM FYI), so yes... lol. Anyways, that's my reaction.
But if I figure that it's my fault for gaining weight and not because of TOM, i'll remind myself "eat less, exercise more". That's always been my way. Tho, I don't weight myself often, unless I feel really bloated.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #32  
Back at square one

S/C/G: 218/218/160

I usually blame the scale!

Like: "Oh, something must be off!" It's funny because when the scale reflects that I've lost weight it's always right on, lol.
Bonita Applebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I guess it would depend on the situation. Today I had my first weekly weigh with a gain. Last Monday I weighed 164.5 and today 166. 164-165 during the week. I know it's not an actual fat gain. Some measurements went down. Still, in four months water weight has never made me gain from week-to-week , although I had zero change on two different weeks. So, I don't like it, but I don't see that I'm going to do anything differently. I'm already eating well, already exercising. I'm not into extremes. Maybe by next Monday I'll drop the water and have a big weekly loss .

I started walking last Monday, and I guess it may be related to that. Not that I wasn't already exercising for the last four months, and not that it was intense. But apparently it was enough, in combination with TOM . Since I'm adding in a bit of jogging this week, next week's weigh-in may not be so rosy after all. But that's OK, because I know I'll have less fat by next week, even if I weigh more from retaining water .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

What I do and what I should do are two different matters.

What I do: I log it and go about my day without any changes
What I should do: Log it and make a plan for the day that includes a high protein, low fat menu and exercise.

When I see a continual gain I SHOULD really look at what I've done to cause it and NIP IT IN THE BUD rather than simply logging it and continuing without any changes because continual gains have a tendency to stick around for a while! Obviously I didn't do what I should have because I'm looking at a 15 pound gain over the past two years after having come within half a pound of my goal. Live and learn!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote