TOM: 1, Me: 0

• Lordy-loo, it's been a really difficult couple of weeks, emotionally, physically, and everything in between. For some reason, my period was a week late, so i got the extra joy of PMS madness for even longer, and now that it's here, i just want to curl up into a little ball and sleep. And sweets. Oh, how i want sweets.

I find myself eating really well earlier in the day, and then just going bananas at dinner. And worse, I'm going on a road trip this weekend, which usually means snacking ahoy.

Where on earth did my resolution go? Any ideas for getting back on track, yet still babying myself just a little?
  • Hey!

If you want to "baby" yourself, do so with healthier choices! Instead of getting the sweetest option, get something lower in sugar. Instead of a whole muffin, only have half a muffin and share with someone else. Get a small size beverage instead of a giant massive gallon... Have some sugar free or lower sugar cocoa instead of a chocolate bar... You get the idea--try to figure out how to improve you food choices.

Don't equate eating "bad" foods with "nurturing"! That's just kinda messed up, isn't it?

Good luck!
    Jay
  • I hear ya! I'm always the worst the week before I get my period and it's going to be here any day now....but in the meantime....I can't seem to get enough food to eat and all I want is sweets. Know what I just did? I just ate some chicen from El Pollo Loco and I feel better. I also asked my hubby to pick up some low cal frozen yogurt on his way home from work, God bless his soul! Just knowing that I have something like that coming up is making me feel much more in control. I don't know if I'll survive this day within my calorie range, but I do hope so. Writing down my foods has been very helpful too. Maybe if you're not a calorie counter, maybe you could just do it while you have your TOM? I write down every single thing that goes in my mouth. That way, there's a bit more logic involved because I find that logic sometimes goes out the window when I'm trying to deal with PMS! UGH! Anyway, I hope you can do well and look back on this in a week with pride.
  • these are great ideas! Thank you!
  • Maybe you can baby yourself with a non-food reward -- like treating yourself to an hour-long massage.