constipation

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • does constipation cause weight gain....
    or weight retain?....
  • Depends on how many days you haven't went. If you haven't went for a week it is, sometimes, equivalent to even 5 lbs of weight. So yeah you might retain or even gain.
  • its over a week atm....
  • Hmmm... maybe see your doctor? You wouldn't want to do anything that would be unwise...

Jay
  • im awaiting a delivery of medication....
    stated on here actually a something that acts as a fiber aid....
    i suffer with it a lot....
    so il lsee how that goes first!....
  • Check out this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146024
  • have you tried taking something like sennokot or dulcolax/dulcoease? Can get it all at tesco/boots I think and may just kickstart you as it were?
  • fyi, I tried dulcolax and had diarrhea for 3 days! I recommend starting off with half the suggested dosage just in case! I find a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil followed by a cup of coffee or tea helps me IMMENSELY when I have that problem.
  • ive tried max strength senekot....
    double the recommended dose....
    it didnt shift nothing....
  • back down 4lbs today and istill havent pooped!....
    duno what the hells going on!....
  • How about seeing your doctor, sh3l5?

Jay
  • fink i may have to!....
  • a few nuts do the trick for me...but i have never went as long as you have gone without going.You need to see a dr!!!
  • I would never let it go that long. At least in my case, I feel there is a direct proportion between the severity of the constipation and the number of days. Unless something happens no longer than 72 hours later, I take action.
    Have you tried going for a run? That works like a charm.
  • Magnesium.

Usually when you're constipated, it's due to ingesting too much protein & not enough fat..."fat" keeps things moving along! - and many people on low-fat diets end up constipated... also, your body is telling you that it's "low" on magnesium. Take a couple of magnesium supplements per day, or go the quickie route & try some Milk of Magnesia. If that doesn't work, DEFINITELY see your doctor.