Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/138

Height: 5'6"

Red face 176.6 to 170 by 8/7

I don't know if it's dumb or not to set such a small goal and actually post it here for all to see. I just figure that it gives me some accountability. I hope losing 2 pounds a week is an attainable goal for me. I will feel like a complete failure if I can't do something so simple. The thing is, I started exercising 5-7 days a week Sunday June 7th and since then I've only lost about 8 pounds. That seems like a lot of exercising and dieting for not a lot of results. So, I just hope I can meet this mini goal I've set for myself. I think that this will determine if i can actually get down to my ultimate goal of 148. Any encouragement is truly appreciated.
bikinidreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #2  
«Heidi»

S/C/G: 255/222.1/155

Height: 5'6

ANY goal is worthwhile if it means you have motivation behind it! =]

First of all, CONGRATS on the 8 lbs! I know it seems like it took a while, but think about if you hadn't worked hard. You would still be carrying around those 8 lbs! Keep up the great work and you will make it to your ultimate goal for sure.

I always feel that little steps add up to the major result. If I think about needing to lose 100lbs it's overwhelming. I would MUCH rather be motivated to lose 5 lbs 20 times, than that whole big picture of 100lbs.

Great job!! Stick with it <3
toesocklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #3  

Thanks. Thinking of the whole thing in increments of 5lbs does make it seem easier. Good luck to you as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good luck, I'm sure if you stay focused and on your plan you can achieve your goal!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #5  

Well, I don't know if this is healthy for my psyche, but I've been sneaking little peeks at the scale since my weigh in on monday which was 179 by the way. Today, it read 175.8. I am super excited. But also worried that this is just like water or something and not a permanent loss. I have been eating healthy but staying within my allowed 1600 calories. I have been working out everyday (nothing new). I have also been trying desperately to drink at least 8-8oz servings of water each day. Yesterday I had 12 1/2. I hope the weight loss is not a fluke and will not be back up by Monday. I just hope I can stay strong through the weekend.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #6  

Absolutely is it NOT dumb to set a small goal. If you aim high it can seem so unattainable. Good luck to you!!
PorkChopNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #7  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

besides several small goals add up to a large goal anyways
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #8  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's not dumb at all. You must do what works for you. It's setting small goals and sticking with them that get you to that ultimate goal.

Losing at a slower rate like 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. a week will pay off for you in the long run because you are taking the time to learn better eating and fitness patterns along the way.

If you don't attain a specific goal in a specific amount of time, don't think of it as failing. Just pick yourself up and get right back on track. I wish you the best.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote