Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/179/147

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Feeling down on myself.

I've been feeling kind of discouraged lately. I've lost 25 pounds, which is great...but I keep thinking..man, only 25 down...I've still got at least 40 to go! I don't know why I've been feeling so upset about this. I've even been having trouble getting myself to exercise right now. i still go on my daily walk but anything other than that is a serious chore & sometimes I don't even do it. I guess I just need some support from you guys!!! Thanks for listening!!
jadedlily321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You know - look at it this way: you don't have to lose 65 pounds anymore!! It's only 40 to go.

You have a great start going, don't let the motivation drop. Weight loss takes a long time, and your motivation will have ups and downs. Don't let the downs get you completely off track.

When I feel the doldrums setting in, or just sometimes get tired of the whole process, I will read blogs or the maintainers forum to get inspired again. It really helps!

I've said this before, but there are times when you just have to grind it out, and each day seems like a chore - but you will get past this if you don't give up!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #3  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

I agree with fiberlover, now you only have 40 lbs to go instead of 65. I think we all reach a point where we question why we do what we do. I know I did. We're doing this because we want to, because we want to change, we want to be healthier, we want to live a longer life. We're not doing this because other people are telling us we should or to seek approval from others, we're doing this for us. We're doing this because we're worth all the effort and all time, just remember that.
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlily321 View Post
I've been feeling kind of discouraged lately. I've lost 25 pounds, which is great...but I keep thinking..man, only 25 down...I've still got at least 40 to go! I don't know why I've been feeling so upset about this. I've even been having trouble getting myself to exercise right now. i still go on my daily walk but anything other than that is a serious chore & sometimes I don't even do it. I guess I just need some support from you guys!!! Thanks for listening!!
Time to hit the grocery store. Go to the baking aisle (it's okay, just go in). Go find the sugar. Pick up 5 5-lb bags of sugar. See what 25 lbs feels like. Imagine having to carry that 25 lbs around for the rest of your life.

Celebrate your success.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/179/147

Height: 5'5

Oh thanks you guys! I guess I'm just needing some reassurance. Thank god for this website!! I know I wouldn't have even made it this far without this support.
jadedlily321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I know how you feel- I'm almost 30 down, and I'm like, I don't feel like I'll ever lose any more..it's not possible- it can't be- I'm destined to be fat...but, I'm not. I can't be. This isn't me, nor do I want it to be. Perhaps I'm just in a rut, but I've got to remember that every pound down is a pound I'm not carrying anymore. I picked up a 12 lb. weight at the gym yesterday and I was like, dang, that's heavy! I am carrying a lot of 12 lb. dumbells and I want those things GONE!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

on 25 down, jadedlily321!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote