Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Yay, EZ! Nice little boost to see that drop in the morning, right?!

I'm down to 154.8 this morning, yay. I've already run a 5 miler and I'm going to have an awesome, healthy day. That's the ticket.
I hope you did have an awesome day Josephine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Way to go Gary and Josephine! I'm creeping back up (189.6 this morning), but TOM is coming so I'm going to blame that. Though I have been eating too many carbs at night lately, so I need to get that back under control starting today. Stupid carbs.
I totally agree with you CAROLINE...stupid carbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post

Gary- Keep working hard. Great self control in the beverage department. It is so hard to avoid the things we really enjoy. Mine would be brownies and sweets..................
Tomorrow is weigh-in. Wish me luck!
Stay away from those brownies MINDY Good luck at your W.I. tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Nice to see some losses. Way to go!!!

My scale is finally moving. 130.6 this morning. I'm a happy camper
SCOOTER stay away from DH's brew tonight and you just may make it tomorrow...good luck!

I hope I do OK tomorrow morning at my daily weigh-in!...getting closer to the 23rd!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

174.2 this morning...so I guess yesterday wasn't a fluke....no beer...3 treadmill miles .....decent portions and a hard day at work paid off on the scale!

have a great day TEAM!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #63  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Just an uber quick fly-by here -- leaving for vaca tomorrow and tons to do. Weighed in at 152 yesterday, and that's in the midst of TOM so I'm thinking that the 151 I hit the previous week was real. Am very pleased that the scale is remaining steady. Am working my butt off as much as possible (exercise-wise) w/trying to get ready for the shore. I've already packed my yoga mat, dvds and exercise bands. Have the best of intentions and am determined to get at least 3 yoga and 3 band w/outs done on vacation. Have been pretty OP w/food but not quite as 'in the zone' as I'd like. Will do my best while away. It's that 'mindless munching zone' that I fall into that piles the lbs. on for me. Have to be mindful of everything, right? Had a great b/fast and am off to do my strength w/out and will also attempt some Billy Blanks cardio. I seem to have pulled a muscle in my upper thigh somewhat so I'll give the TM a rest. Everyone looks like there hanging in there. Congrats on the losses guys -- keep up the good work! TTFN.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 07-11-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #64  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A fly-in here too - got closets to clean.
3rd day in a row at 130.6. That scale is taunting me for sure!

I am gonna kick that last .6 to the curb this week.

Have a GREAT weekend all! Stay strong!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

You will get that .6 gone and done with this week SCOOTER!

Have a great trip HAT.

Hit 175.0 this morning so that is up a bit from the last two days. Had vegetable lasagna for dinner, one beer and a sip of wine from Angie's glass. Didn't have any desserts at the play and I got my miles in so I am happy that I did what I need to do!

Have a great week-end!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #66  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

TOM has arrived for me so I have no idea what I weigh today. Yesterday I was back up to 190, so today I skipped the scale. But I'm hopeful that once I stop retaining water, I'll drop back down under 189. It would be nice to get as far away from 190 as possible before I leave for vacation; I've got a little over a week to get there.

I'm going to NYC for a week to visit friends and celebrate my birthday, so I'm hoping to offset the food with lots of walking and keep the scale from going up too much. If I can manage to stay under 190 I'll be really happy, but we'll see. I'm also really going to try hard not to go crazy with food.

This morning was spent at the farmer's market, picking up free range chicken and beef along with some organic eggs and some gorgeous tomatoes. I need to hit the regular grocery store for some staples (darn cats keep expecting me to feed them every week), and then I'll spend some time cooking for the week.

I've already done 50 minutes of cardio today along with helping my sister put a coat of paint on her kids' playroom, and later I have to mow the lawn. Then tomorrow it's more cardio and painting, and possibly some strength training. So I'm doing everything I can to make sure the scale goes down some next week!

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. It's HOT here, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll get a little relief.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #67  

Caroline - ooohh, the trip sounds fun! I have never been to NYC. Several other places in the state, but not to THE city itself. I hope you have a wonderful trip. LOL - my cats are the same - they get down right obnoxious when I don't feed them ON TIME. And then, there is the DOG ...

Gary - I am so proud of you! You are doing GREAT with your beer intake. Stay strong! That scale will move. Eating out again probably caused a temporary scale blip. It always does for me. You did great with the birthday celebration. Even Angie has to be happy with your alcohol intake these days (and she is probably your toughest critic on subject )

Hat Trick - I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Your attitude is awesome and planning your workouts in advance is a sure sign that you will stay OP (at least as much as possible). I have issues with mindless eating as well. It has been a real eye-opener for me - how much I ate without really thinking about it. Brian Wansink's book Mindless Eating was a great read!

Well, as promised, I am gonna hang around here a while longer to make sure that we ALL stay on track and lose those pesky lbs. I am down 12 lbs for the challenge and I expect all of you to give me a good kick if I don't keep it off.

Last edited by CountingDown; 07-12-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #68  
Caroline

CD, your pictures are fabulous! You look so healthy and gorgeous. Thanks for sticking around to be an inspiration to the rest of us; I, for one, definitely need a little inspiration right now. I'm sort of exhausted with weight loss at the moment and hoping that after my vacation I'll feel inspired to really hit it hard again.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #69  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I just keep fluctuating between 214 and 215 something. That's ok since TOM is arriving Tuesday and I just hope to maintain until then. Then hopefully I will drop a few pounds. 210 would be a wonderful number to see. I have been very busy the last few days, my DD was home from college. We put 100 bales of hay in the barn, unloaded a truckload of mulch, shopped and went to the county fair. No official workouts, but lots of weird kinds of exercise.

CD- I was inspired to go look at your pics. Very nice. I love the new haircut too. You look great. An inspiration to all of us.

Thistoo- NY City, center of the Universe. That's from "RENT". I would love to go again, take in a few more broadway shows. Hope you have a fabulous time and look good at your new lower weight when you get there.

Gary- Keep up the good work. Love seeing what new pictures you put up. I will learn how to do that someday.

Hat- Good for you planning your workouts for your vacation. That is dedication. Hope you're having a great time.

See ya all later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:

Gary - I am so proud of you! You are doing GREAT with your beer intake. Stay strong! That scale will move. Eating out again probably caused a temporary scale blip. It always does for me. You did great with the birthday celebration. Even Angie has to be happy with your alcohol intake these days (and she is probably your toughest critic on subject )

Yep SCOOTER there were probably a lot of calories in that lasagna I had at the play, yesterday I had had more than I needed too at dinner, Angie was with her daughter and I made cheese quesadillas and burritos for me...too much cheese...dang! Oh well...a work in progress I am so PROUD of you! You have done in one year what many have tried to do for a lifetime! Your energy and enjoyment in your journey has rubbed off on all of us! Love your story...very touching Thanks for sticking around here...and I just might run into you in another thread or two .......
Quote:
............ I, for one, definitely need a little inspiration right now. I'm sort of exhausted with weight loss at the moment and hoping that after my vacation I'll feel inspired to really hit it hard again.
You can do this and you will do this Caroline! You are not taking this journey alone, although I know it may feel like it sometimes...we are all her pulling...pushing and supporting you...just as you have done for us...Thank-You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
my DD was home from college.I remember those days! We put 100 bales of hay in the barn, unloaded a truckload of mulch, shopped and went to the county fair. No official workouts, but lots of weird kinds of exercise.

Now that is work!!.......

Gary- Keep up the good work. Love seeing what new pictures you put up. I will learn how to do that someday..........
Thanks Mindy...as far as the pictures go...if I can do it you can to! Although Angie had to teach me and still has to fix stuff for me There are folks here that can explain it for you.I put a new picture of Angie and me in my profile too...taken from a few weeks ago in Las Vegas.

Well I weighed in at 175.6 today. Up a pound since Friday...guess eating out and my ..ahem...too much for dinner last night showed...oh, well...still gonna try NOT GIVING UP!!

Have a great day LADIES! It is so cool having friends like you!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-13-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #71  
Caroline

Thanks, Gary! This thread has definitely been a huge help with my motivation. I have my sister to work out with too, and that's really helped keep me on track.

Your new picture of you and Angie is lovely!

Mindy, I'm really looking forward to NYC. I've been a few times, way back in high school when I lived closer (Rhode Island), but mostly my mom just dragged us from museum to museum. This time I'm looking forward to spending time with friends, mostly, but I've got tickets to Legally Blonde: The Musical on my last day, and I can't wait. It's going to be a great trip, and when I get home I'll be so broke all I'll be able to afford to do is work out, so that should help with my weight loss.

Last edited by thistoo; 07-13-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #72  

Caroline - vacations always give me new energy and focus to get going again. I actually miss my workouts when I take a break from them - oh, my - did I REALLY say that? How a year changes things You will have a great time - I love going to the theater!

Mindy - Hang in there! TOM can throw that scale into fits - for sure. If it is staying the same - you are indeed losing

Gary - you keep at it, and you will make your goal. Even if you don't make it by your anniversary. If you check out my signature - it took me 53 weeks, which coulda bugged me a lot. But, I decided that - this time - it would take as long as it takes. That I wasn't gonna stop enjoying life (which includes food). Enjoy those dinners with family. And your beer. In moderation. And - if it takes a bit longer to hit your goal - so what - I meant what I said in my post - enjoy the journey!!!

That being said <cracks whip> keep that moderation thing going - you are gonna make that goal!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:

Your new picture of you and Angie is lovely!

Thanks! My pictures are always good if Angie is in them! If not...well...to the dumpster!
I have never been to NYC...my step-daughter goes to college there. Angie was there not too long ago to visit, forget what she saw...I know she saw WICKED there last year when she visited Lara.

Quote:
Gary - you keep at it, and you will make your goal. Even if you don't make it by your anniversary. If you check out my signature - it took me 53 weeks, which coulda bugged me a lot. But, I decided that - this time - it would take as long as it takes. That I wasn't gonna stop enjoying life (which includes food). Enjoy those dinners with family. And your beer. In moderation. And - if it takes a bit longer to hit your goal - so what - I meant what I said in my post - enjoy the journey!!!

That being said <cracks whip> keep that moderation thing going - you are gonna make that goal!!!!
Hey SCOOTER ~ Actually I really don't have a legitimate goal! I needed to put something down for the chart. When I started this journey I put 165...because that was the weight I ALWAYS wanted to weigh! Most of my life I was 6 ft and 150!...way too skinny....boy have times changed I just went out to try and make better choices and see what happens. I got down to 169....but that was with a lot of work...I am not sure I want to work that hard! I raised my goal to 170 because I feel that is realistic for me with...work...I am happy hanging around 175...not ecstatic! but happy I just knew that when I almost hit 180...179.8...I was well on my way of going back over the edge....time to hit the brakes and hit the bricks again! I know that the 23rd is just a number...but if I don't have a number...I lose focus...kind of like if I don't get my church and bible study in I lose focus! I have promised myself that I am in this for the long haul! I remember when I was losing this year...I wanted to get to XX weight by 30 days...60 days and so on...I don't even remember now what those goals were! But it gave me something to shoot for. Even if I never hit 170 again I know that as long as I am shooting for that then I won't hit 180!! I am really hoping the beer drinking remains in check...that will benefit me in more ways than one! Have a great day!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

174 today...got on 3 times...each time 174...that's down 1.5 since yesterday...don't get it..I was good yesterday but still...I'll take it with a happy face!

Off to work...have a great day TEAM!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #75  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

CountingDown, your goal post is such an inspiration!!! I wanna be you when I grow up! I'm gonna get there, I'm just GONNA! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

I'm 153 even this morning (down from 156.4 when I hopped on the thread). Only 1.6 more to go! I love these ez pills!

Have a great day everyone!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote