3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Dont need them. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/144950-dont-need-them.html)

Spoz 06-27-2008 03:36 PM

Dont need them.

I've been sticking to plan for about two weeks straight now, went over on a few days by a few cals or more, but overcome it by reducing them the next day or whatever. Tonight I've used my calories, but I have a big juicy bag of apricots and right now I want to go eat that whole bag. I could eat worse things, but the thing is I'm not really hungry so why should I eat them? So I'm posting all of the reasons why I will NOT eat when I'm not hungry. Because I want to lose weight, I want to see the scale go down, I want to wake up in the morning and think 'YES I didnt let the food control me' And I can stick to plan without eating the apricots. I'll enjoy them another day!

Sticking to plan!! Rant over !

Kitegirl24 06-27-2008 03:50 PM

Good for you! Just think, if you don't eat them now....that leaves MORE for later anyways!! :)

Bingeing on ANYTHING is never a good idea, even if it's delicious fresh summer fruit (I have some to-die-for nectarines in the fridge right now, but I'm trying to pace myself as well).

ars 06-27-2008 04:23 PM

I'm in the "mood" to binge as well. I have been since yesterday and I haven't given in. I'm definitely not hungry either!

Here's to sticking to plan! :cheers:

Spoz 06-27-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars (Post 2244966)
I'm in the "mood" to binge as well. I have been since yesterday and I haven't given in. I'm definitely not hungry either!
:

Go you! You're definitely kicking that habit! I'm not tempted in the slightest now so I guess it shows if you just wait it out you can overcome the binge. :yes:

Glory87 06-27-2008 04:56 PM

A bag of dried apricots?

Heh, well, if you eat a whole bag of them, you'll probably only do it once. I ate a ton of dried apricots in college and the bathroom histrionics were SO not worth it. Forget the calories, it was pure misery.

JayEll 06-27-2008 05:12 PM

I think she meant fresh apricots... but you know, eating a whole bag of fresh apricots could have a similar effect... :o

Jay

Spoz 06-28-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 2245030)
I think she meant fresh apricots... but you know, eating a whole bag of fresh apricots could have a similar effect... :o

Jay

No, I did mean dried apricots...theyre heavenly. But thanks glory for pointing that out.. I dont think that would be worth it:^:

snapless 06-28-2008 03:37 AM

Living in Japan, we get the most awesome cherries here (have you ever seen pictures of a Japanese cherry blossom festival? There are cherry trees everywhere here).

I currently have, in my refrigerator, 2 different kinds. The dark reddish-purple ones that are sweet and about 1 carb each, and the smaller red-yellow ones that are slightly sour and have about half that.

Being low carb, I have to limit myself to 6 cherries on a given day. I at first thought this would be hard - but it's not really. It's taught me to savor the ones I eat instead of wolfing them, and to enjoy them on the days I have them. I usually conserve them for when I'm wanting something sweet.

I also have daughters so they eat them...which means they don't go bad on my in-between days.

Control is a good thing. :)