Doing the right things, but.....

• I am still nervous about getting on the scale on sat. It's amazing..how you can do everything you should do, eat right, exercise, drink water and you can still feel nervous and scared of the scale!

anyone else feel this way?

I hoping for another loss this week. It would be two weeks in a row, so maybe that's part of it!
  • Oh, I know just how you feel. Good luck, and I'm sure it'll be fine. You're living healthier and that's what matters.
  • I never seem to get the nervous feeling I get excited expecting to see something then go from excited to UGH I need to stop doing that to myself
  • Sometimes I do the right things and see a gain, do the wrong things and see a loss... bodies can be a little weird like that. I try not to let it get to me, but it's very hard not to get discouraged. Best of luck on your weigh in!
  • I can do "perfect" program days and have the scale "betray" me.

And I can be "bad" and have the scale surprise me with a lot of "love."

It's all me getting emotionally tied to a number on a contraption that I'm choosing to stand on. Sometimes, it's far better for me to just track my progress via the fit of my clothes and how I FEEL.

(Like today, for instance.)

Don't fear the scale. It's just a tool. So's the tape measure. So's the fit of your clothes. And so's--most of all--how you feel!
  • well, that makes me feel a little better. you'd think you would be excited every weigh in and the body does do weird things sometimes and i think that's where the nervousness comes in.

I do know that I do feel better when i'm on program then when I'm not. I feel more in control, no matter what the scale says!