3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I Want....... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/144705-i-want.html)

McKenziesmomma 06-25-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesusanone (Post 2242439)
I want to be able to take better care of my husband and my child, without feeling tired, achey and stressed out. I want to be able to clean up my house in half the time, with half the effort.

Check out this website for great house cleaning tips for free:

flylady.net

This site is totally free and there is no spam.....you don't even have to sign up for it to access the info which is rare in this day and time.

She offers great advice on how to keep your home clean almost effortlessly....one of the things I had to do before a diet was clear the clutter in my home and get it clean. All the clutter and mess in my home was just dragging me down and keeping me from getting started on a diet because I was so overwelmed with all the "cleaning" that needed to be done. Someone recommended this site to me! I checked it out for a few weeks and made my control journal....My house has been clean and clutter free for about 2 months which is why I decided to start my "diet/life style change". Now when I get up in the morning I'm greeted by a clean kitchen...its much easier to prepare healthy meals in a clean kitchen rather than just go get fast food cause there isn't a clean space on my counter top to prepare food....LOL

Hope this helps :)

ninepaw 06-26-2008 01:54 AM

Ooh, fun idea. So many possibilities!

>I WANT to be able to shop wherever I please - NOT plus size stores!

>I WANT to be confident in myself, and think I look great.

>I WANT to get my bellybutton pierced, when I have my goal tummy.

>I WANT to wear the dress in my mother's closet that I think is absolutely adorable.

>I WANT to have guys walking by check me out - Even though I'm taken!

>I WANT to be more energetic.

>I WANT to look fabulous for my senior portraits.

Goodness! I could go at this forever it seems like... Great idea!:D

preetyladyserenity 06-26-2008 06:01 AM

I Want the possibilities of getting sick to be minimal (parent's parents suffered from diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer, blood pressure and heart disease).

I Want to wear my first bikini before turning 25.

I Want to replace my wardrobe with cute dresses, skirts and sleeveless tops.

I am the queen of style so I want more clothe possibilities.

I Want to feel confident enough when a guy sees me and not think that he will never be interested in me erotically.

jacqu79 06-26-2008 08:17 AM

I want to look hot and sexy at my 30th birthday party(next Feb) as I looked fat and awful at my 21st. :(

I want to be able to wear anything I want and look good.

I want to be able to walk past shop windows and see my reflection and smile, rather than be disgusted at what I see.

I want to be able to wear shorts to the gym.

I want the guy I love to see me in a different light.

I want to be able to have fun while out with my friends, flirting with guys, instead of sitting in the corner being ignored and feeling awkward.

I'm going to achieve all these things fairly soon, and I can't wait!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Spoz 06-26-2008 08:20 AM

I want to be able to say I'm unhappy because... rather than use food as my excuse of unhappiness.

I want to be able to zip up a pair of size tens and feel every bit as gorgeous as I know I am.

I want to be able to feel proud when I go for checkups that I'm not just another overweight statistic, but HEALHTY.

And I want to be a stronger more upbeat person!

I also have a lot of beautiful shoes, and I need to do them justice :D

Tomato 06-26-2008 09:23 AM

I WANT to get off my high blood pressure medication (at my last checkup in early June, I was at "high end of normal" - woohoo! - I can see light at the end of the tunnel)

I WANT to buy clothes on "I like this" basis, not on "It is big enough for me" basis

I WANT to be healthy

I WANT to have a toned body and defined muscles

I WANT to look like my greyhounds (I already have the big chest, hahaha, now I just need the tiny waist). :D

piperboo 06-26-2008 11:28 AM

I want to have a baby after 9 years of trying (through two marriages).

I want to have pictures that I look good in without having to take them myself (self portraits) from the "right angle".

I want his ex-wife not to wonder why he is with me.

I want to be able to buy real suits that fit my boobs (size 22 jackets always are made for women with bigger breasts than me) so that I can look more professional and "crisp".

With that above - I want people in my client network to take me more seriously. I think looks have a lot to do with professional power. If you can take care of yourself, you can take care of a client.

I want to buy lingerie and not have to worry if my "rolls" will look ok in it.

I want to be able to get a little sun and not have to worry about stretching a certain way so that the sun hits all areas...

I want to wear my high heels comfortably.

I want sex to be phenomenal...because there is less fat in the way.

I want to not have to worry about riding roller coasters or sitting in airplane seats.

I want there to be plenty of room in the seatbelt before it clicks and locks me in.

I want to turn heads again - I miss that feeling of knowing I caught someones eye. (I had it only once in my life after I had lost 50 lbs during college)

I want to know what it's like to FEEL better.

I want to do a cartwheel again.

McKenziesmomma 06-27-2008 09:58 PM

I thought of some really important wants today......I was taking my shower after my walk tonight and I was just reflecting on how it would feel when I got there.....you know....to my goal weight. I thought .....I want to reward myself BIG TIME when I get there so this is what I want.....

I want to go to the local spa and get the works...manicure, pedicure, and a wonderful hour long massage....maybe even a mud bath or sea weed wrap...LOL

I want to get my hair cut, high lighted and low lighted, and styled my eyebrows waxed and maybe even a bikini wax....OUCH

I want to get my nails done

I want to buy a smokin' hot dress that I look fabulous in.....and maybe a few casual outfits....

I want to get a cabin or nice hotel for the weekend in a big city somewhere ....maybe New York...or Vegas....

I want to have a nice meal at a place you have to dress up to go to and have reservations....

I want to go to an opera or musuem or musical or do something cultural thats fun that doesn't involve FOOD

I want to have awesome sex and not wonder if my husband is thinking about how fat I am...LOL...and for it to be great for me cause I'm not worried about how I look

I think that was everything

BMWGirl 06-27-2008 11:31 PM

:hug: This thread is awesome!

...Okay here are mine, kinda long. :p

1. I know my boyfriend loves me, but I told him I do not want to put him through the embaressment of him having a fat bride. So, I don't want to get engaged or even take photos together-- all because of my own insecurities. We've been together 3 years. He said he doesn't care, but.. I do. :(

2. I want to hang out with my friends again! Even when I was a size 16 I ran around alllll the time and had fun. But, since I got even bigger, I am kind of a recluse and don't even hang out with my friends anymore because I am worried they will be embaressed to be seen with me. They haven't done anything to make me feel that way, it's all in my head I am sure. :^:

3. I want to go to the mall with my mom! I am worried I will embaress her so when we go anywhere it's usually to the book store or just driving around in the car to look at other cars.. because I guess I use that as a crutch to not have to go to clothing stores with her. :(

4. I want to go to college! I have had more than enough opprotunities and even have a legal-sponsor to try to get me into law school after my undergrad but I keep making excuses because I am too embaressed to even TRY to go to school. I am so scared the other people will make comments about my weight or I will be treated differently.

5. I want to buy another sports car! I loved racing but being huge definitely slows you down... hence the luxury cars now. :(

6. I want to make my family proud! ...Everyone always said I was going to be "such a heartbreaker" when I got older and I felt like I disappointed everyone by letting myself go.. I don't even go to my families house for Christmas or Thanksgiving because I don't want them to focus on my weight-- because they will!

7. I want to be able to go to any store and find something to try on to buy. Right now I just walk around and roam the racks. One time I was in the juniors section looking for a shirt for my friend and the sales lady (who was an older lady, approx 70), said, "Oh sweetie, you are in the wrong section. The plus sizes are over here." .... So mortifying. I wasn't even looking for me. :( ...

8. I want to be able to wear short sleeves. I wear long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves and have for the past 6 years. If I wear a t-shirt I wear a white 3/4 sleeve tight shirt under it so you can't see my arm fat/bumpies.

9. I want to wear string bikini panties again! I wear bikinis now but since my body really has no shape anymore it doesn't freakin matter! :mad:

10. I want to be able to know what size I am going to be when I go to the clothing store. It's so freakin embaressing when the last size you were 4 months ago was an 18 and now you're trying to find some 20's at Old Navy only to feel ashamed when the sales girl is like "Uh we only carry the plus on our website now. Sorry." ... :^:

11. My high heels. I have a shoe obsession. I buy generally a pair a week. They are always heels and generally teetering on the realm of collapsability. I used to be so comfortable in heels that I even had a couple pair that I could practically run in! Now, I don't ever wear them in public because I am worried people will make fun of me, the fat chick, for trying to wear heels. ...I do, however, put them on in private and admire my feet in them in the mirror! So hot! :D

12. Pink linen pants. Halter tops. Smaller bras! (Wear a 40D right now) ...

13. Breakdancing. My boyfriend is a breakdancer and I find it AMAZING! ...Although I've never been able to do it.. I'd like to eventually lose the weight then begin strength training and attempt to do it.. ATTEMPT. My boyfriend and his other friends are all like 5'8" and under (I'm 5'10") and asian or latino so they make it look easy.. but, we'll see if I can do it!

14. My EXES Derek and Jesse. During my relationship with Jesse I gained approx 100lbs so I'd like to lose the weight to shake my fine *** in his face! ..Derek got some other chick pregnant while we were together and I heard she is fat now, so same thing for him!

...These are the ones I can think of for now! :D

McKenziesmomma 06-27-2008 11:54 PM

1st and foremost I'm so proud of you for "coming out" and posting your weight....that was truely the first step for youin changing your life forever!

2nd of all....Girl it sounds like you got a good MAN...hang on to him...but I would have to say your last comment about getting back at your ex's.....you are too good for that...I believe that you should do this for you and to be healthy.....don't get me wrong.....it would feel good....but how would it make you feel if your BF wanted to do something to get back at an ex??? Wouldn't you rather him do it to make himself happy and to be happier with you? It would really hurt my feelings to know that my husband still thought about his ex's and let them have that much power over him.....

Forgive and forget....sounds like you have a really great life right now....BF and family and all.....you just gotta shed some weight so you can be healthy enough to enjoy it!!!!

I know what you are going through though....I can relate to you and your story in so many ways its not even funny.....

Your gonna do this! I just know it! :) :hug: :hug: :cheer:

BMWGirl 06-28-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma (Post 2245418)
1st and foremost I'm so proud of you for "coming out" and posting your weight....that was truely the first step for youin changing your life forever!

2nd of all....Girl it sounds like you got a good MAN...hang on to him...but I would have to say your last comment about getting back at your ex's.....you are too good for that...I believe that you should do this for you and to be healthy.....don't get me wrong.....it would feel good....but how would it make you feel if your BF wanted to do something to get back at an ex??? Wouldn't you rather him do it to make himself happy and to be happier with you? It would really hurt my feelings to know that my husband still thought about his ex's and let them have that much power over him.....

Forgive and forget....sounds like you have a really great life right now....BF and family and all.....you just gotta shed some weight so you can be healthy enough to enjoy it!!!!

I know what you are going through though....I can relate to you and your story in so many ways its not even funny.....

Your gonna do this! I just know it! :) :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Aww! You are so sweet! :D ...Yeah my boyfriend is great! I guess I am most upset because you know most of his friends have really fine girlfriends/wives and you know he has the cool, but fat, girl... and I want him to feel proud of me. He says that he is but I guess I just don't agree. :p

The only reason why I list my exes, and I know its totally wrong!, but... they kind of both tried to ruin me after our relationships ended and made me feel really crappy about myself.. I pretty much went into depression and started hating myself ... I know you should never let a guy do that to you but I was young (still am) and impressionable and I guess it would be victorious in my mind ... to face them once I "achieve the ultimate" for myself and show them that although they had control over me then... I have control over me now. I guess I should've just worded it better. :p ... But I definitely see where you're coming from.

You're so sweet! :carrot: I love you like my sister already! Let's do this! :hug:

marbleflys 06-28-2008 08:44 AM

I went to the salon the other day for a HC.....when I get to 150 I am going to have that Brazilian wax....(i'm always wondering what the tech. would think, that fat woman, what does she need with a wax job for)

Pandora123a 06-28-2008 08:55 AM

I want...

...to be healthy
...to be able to buy clothes in any store
...to own clothes in one size that stays the same forever. (In other words, not to have five different sizes of clothes stored all over the house.)
...not to feel apologetic because of my size
...to fit in any seat on an airplane, theater, or restaurant without worrying or being uncomfortable
...not to have the person next to me on the airplane wince when I appear
...to stop snoring
...to eat in a way that makes food enjoyable and healthy
...to feel good about moving my body
...to look good

McKenziesmomma 06-28-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbleflys (Post 2245622)
I went to the salon the other day for a HC.....when I get to 150 I am going to have that Brazilian wax....(i'm always wondering what the tech. would think, that fat woman, what does she need with a wax job for)

HA HA HA...I couldn't help but laugh when I read this!! Sooo funny!

Hey BMWgirl.....you've mentioned college and wanting to go ....you know the longer you wait the harder it will be for you to go cause then you'll all be like....but I'm too old and everyone else will be just out of high school...which isn't true cause I'm 27 and I go..LOL...but anywho....I know you are scared and you have already taken so many big leaps here....but....maybe you can check and see if there are any online classes and register and just take some....I bet getting a couple of A's in some college courses would only boost your confidence!!!!...Also...the longer you wait when you finally do go they will make you take a bunch of stupid catch up courses....like instead of just being able to take the math or english you need for your major they will make you take catch up classes to get you ready for the ones you need.

Check it out

piperboo 06-28-2008 11:39 AM

BMWgirl I TOTALLY know what you mean. I made a special trip to Old Navy (one that carried the plus sizes) and when I got there...website only. I was so mad.
Also, I know what you mean about the exes too...I am completely and utterly in love with my husband, but part of me is looking forward to putting new HOT pics up on Myspace so the ex hubby can see how great I am doing. It's something stuck down in the bottom of the heart that wants to show them that they didn't hurt you and you are doing better than ever....