Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

well I think everything I want has been listed here already. my voice is just another echo of struggle, depression and desire. but my number one goal is to stop waking up tired. It's just not right!
gahundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #17  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Great thread!

I want to wear tank tops and show off my fabulous boobs without having to hide my upper arms!!
I want to fit into my favorite white hippy pants again
I want all of my boyfriend's musician buddies to think I'm good enough for him (my bf is a FOX)
I want my mom to be proud of me
moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #18  

WHOOOO HOOOOO! I AM THE QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!

That pretty much sums up how I felt after losing over 50 pounds and gettng FIT! I felt like I could do anything! I could do hard things and suceed! And I had the energy to do whatever I wanted. That awesome newfound confidence is more addictive and more of a "high" than food ever could be!

Yes, it was awesome to fit into tiny clothes again! Yes, it was and is fun for people to not believe I had 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 kids! Yes, it is still kinda nice when people think I am in my early 40's (even my KIDS think I am 40 something-which makes no sense as some are in their early 30's!!!)

BUT, it is the energy and healthy, wonderful way I feel everyday that makes it worth it. And HAS made it worth it for 30 years now.

I started doing things I truly never thought I could do - like running. I am asthmatic - I am too big I am too slow I am too tired - and yet...I started running and soon was running 10K's! The first time I crossed a finish line of a 10k I told my DH (who was kind enough to slow way down for me) I could conquer the world (in a good way!).

I decided to surf again! OK, I admit that was a disaster. Apparently surfing is NOT like riding a bike - you don't just pick it back up after 13 years and 5 kids - but at least I tried! The lifeguard had a less positive view of it...

I had much easier pregnancies too, for those who might be interested.

My kids grew up healthy, happy, active and with a fun Mom who had as much energy and interest in life as they did. Not one has ever had a weight problem and none have any food issues-they eat good healthful food and never crave sugar or fried foods because they never had any.

W took tons of family "field trips", went to shows, fairs, zoos, animals parks museums, hiking, biking, running, boating - you name we did it! I voluteered for 100's of field trips and taught church classes and Girl Scouts and on and on - I could say NO when I wanted to but I NEVER had to say NO again simply because I was too big or too tired! That was cool!

I know this is long and I probably sound a bit uppity when I say that I can't believe everyone wouldn't want to feel like I do!!! I feel 100% awesome - it was worth every "sacrifice", every bite I learned not to eat, every hour in the gym or on the track or trail and yes every tear I shed because it was SO HARD!

...I AM THE QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!
Runfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I want to feel like I'm free to be me and not trapped in my life because I'm scared to do anything different.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

What is wrong with me????
I started this thread so I could get in black and white what I want...why do I want to lose weight....so it would motivate me to get with it! I also wanted to know what motivates others...so I could find more things to motivate me!

So if I want to lose weight so bad....WHY can't I control myself at all.

I WANT to be able to have control over what I eat.....

I WANT to be able to have food in the house and not sit and think all day about the food that is in the house and wanting to eat it....and then actually going and eating it all!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Not only do I want to be healthy and be here for my family, I WILL be healthy and I WILL be here for my family!
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

How about these wants.

When I get to my goal weight:

I want... to eat whatever I want!
I want... to never excersize again! At least not as hard.
I want... to not feel accountable for all my food wrongs!
I want... to not care whats good for me or not!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have been on a few diets and lost weight quite successfully. I think my biggest "want" is to prove I can lose weight one final time and keep it off. I forgive myself for previous regaining because I didn't have a clue about maintenance. Now I do. I know I can do this!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #24  
prepare for the BEST time

I want to tuck my shirt into my jeans
I want all the great fashionable clothes in my closet to FIT!
I want to just get dressed, not change 435 times and then fling my clothes around the room because each outfit "doesn't look right"...making me late for work.
I want to stand in front of the chalkboard and just write, and not hear that nagging voice that says...."they are all thinking boy did her *** GET BIG"
I want to be comfortable in my bathing suits!
I want my waist back most of all!!!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/169/150

Height: 5'8"

I want stronger bones and muscles.
I want to banish depression with exercise and good nutrition.
I want to look elegant, not frumpy.
I want my menopot to go away.
I want a firmer jawline.
I want my thighs to stop rubbing together.
I want to be more comfortable in the Arizona heat.
I want to grow old with grace.
pinkcarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
What is wrong with me????
I started this thread so I could get in black and white what I want...why do I want to lose weight....so it would motivate me to get with it! I also wanted to know what motivates others...so I could find more things to motivate me!

So if I want to lose weight so bad....WHY can't I control myself at all.

I WANT to be able to have control over what I eat.....

I WANT to be able to have food in the house and not sit and think all day about the food that is in the house and wanting to eat it....and then actually going and eating it all!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!
I actually don't think there anything wrong with you. Or, if there is, there's something wrong with me too... I've lost over 100 pounds, but there are still some foods I can't have in the house and may never be able to (esp. desserts). They call to me.

And then there are days when I have a problem with lots of foods that are normally not a problem for me.

So, is it just some foods that you have problems with? Or certain times?

One thing I have learned is that in many ways I'm still the woman who ate her way to almost 300 pounds, and it takes work every single day for me to stay on plan. Some days are easier than others, and some days I don't stay on plan... but I think about this every single day.

You aren't alone!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I, too, want to be healthy.
I want to watch my 4-year-old get old.
I don't ever want to embarrass my son.
I want to be confident again.
I don't want to be the fat friend.
BUT, I want to be happy today.

My sister says, "Either you are happy, or you are doing something to make yourself happy." We should all be proud of ourselves. We are doing something to make ourselves happy.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I actually don't think there anything wrong with you. Or, if there is, there's something wrong with me too... I've lost over 100 pounds, but there are still some foods I can't have in the house and may never be able to (esp. desserts). They call to me.

And then there are days when I have a problem with lots of foods that are normally not a problem for me.

So, is it just some foods that you have problems with? Or certain times?

One thing I have learned is that in many ways I'm still the woman who ate her way to almost 300 pounds, and it takes work every single day for me to stay on plan. Some days are easier than others, and some days I don't stay on plan... but I think about this every single day.

You aren't alone!
It is several foods I have problems with...but honestly I think it is emotional eating more so than anything....right now I am a housewife, mommy to a 10 month old girl, going to college, and studing for a major test for my teacher certification....(studing for two things at once can get tricky!!)

So there is anxiety...all these things I have to do...is the laundry done, clean the house, cook dinner, do my homework, study for the tests, play with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby, read to the baby, etc etc!!

And also my biggest down fall about dieting.....is all I think about is the diet...I'm always thinking about the food I'm gonna get to eat....and I think that keeps my mind on food...

I just have to keep my mind off food....thanks so much for the encouragement!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I eat when I'm stressed/anxious too. I don't mind when I think about food -- I like to PLAN my food and think about it frequently!! But I think the distinction I make is that I don't want food to CONTROL me.

Good luck -- this is hard under the best of circumstances. Stress doesn't help!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I really WANT to wear skinny jeans, without a muffin belly, to show off my long legs once my upper body is thin again.

I really WANT to wear clothes again, like I used to, not hide beneath dark colors and blazers.

I want to wear at least a tankini on a trip, or a bikini even better.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote