Good Carb/Bad Carb Division?

• Hi all

Does anyone know of a nutritional tracker website that breaks down carbs the way FitDay breaks down the fats? A lot of time it sure looks like I'm going way overboard on the carbs but since probably 97% of them are coming from fruits and veggies I'm not overly worried but it would sure be nice to know. Basically, I'm trying to avoid starchy carbs but, for example, this yummy cup of diced sweet potato I'm lunching on has 38 grams of carbs - which seems like a lot - but I'd be very curious to know how much of it is starch, how much is sugar and how much is good old fiber.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Any site should tell you the sugar and fiber content. www.thedailyplate.com says this about 1 cup of sweet potato:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 cup (200g)
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 180 Calories from Fat 3
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 72mg 3%
    Potassium 950mg 27%
    Total Carbohydrate 41g 14%
    Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
    Sugars 13g
    Protein 4g 8%
    Vitamin A 769%
    Vitamin C 65%
    Calcium 8%
    Iron 8%
    Vitamin E 7%
    Vitamin K 6%
    Thiamin (B1) 14%
    Riboflavin (B2) 12%
    Niacin (B3) 15%
    Vitamin B6 29%
    Folic Acid (Folate) 3%
    Vitamin B12 0%
    Magnesium 14%
    Panthothenic Acid 18%
    Zinc 4%
    Copper 16%
    Manganese 50%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 0.0% Carbs 91.1%
    Protein 8.9%
  • IMO, any carb that comes with additional nutrients attached (other than just the carb/sugar energy content, that is) is a good carb. Of course, you do not necessarily want to eat too many of some of the good carbs at one time, as their glycemic load is quite high, as with sweet potato and fruits. But non-starchy veggies...go wild.

Also IMO, any carb that is devoid of nutrients beyond the calorie count is automatically a bad carb, and I don't need to eat it. And that's where the line is for me, personally.