Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #16  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good for you Kitty! Chances are the stuff that triggers you is pretty much JUNK calories any ways, and your kids don't need those either! It's a good idea to just keep it out of the house!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I do love weight training! I really didn't want to go on Wednesday but I went and was super glad! Tonight, I'm looking forward to it.

Yesterday I had my worst food day this week. The alliance our hospital belongs to sent us free lunch. Chicken breast on a bun ... which was OK and cake with huge frosting! Of course I ate it can't get much free stuff past me Then I nibbled cheerios while I was reading.

So, I've had four good days and one that wasn't horrible. I guess we'll call that so far so good this week.

The local farmers market was a grave disappointment last evening. I really hope it'll get going as the summer goes along.

Is anyone going to hang around on the weekend? I'm going to be home alone for a good part of it and plan to be much, much better than my weekends have been.

Last edited by srmb60; 06-27-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #18  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Is anyone going to hang around on the weekend? I'm going to be home alone for a good part of it and plan to be much, much better than my weekends have been.
Hi Susan,
I have a bit of a problem with a free stuff myself, even though since I became a chick, I am much better at it. So I know how you feel about it. I think overall, it was not a huge disaster, so don't worry. I went out for lunch with a colleague the other day even though my own lunch was sitting in my lunch bag, and he wanted to go to Harvey's, so I had a grilled chicken on a bun. It was, I have to admit, much tastier than the grilled chicken sandwich at McD's. I had just the sandwich, no fries, no drink (had my own H2O in the car) and politely declined his offer to share his onion rings. It was fun to be out and chat (on most days, I work through my lunch hour).
I'll be around on the weekend - if the weather will be very humid, I will have to keep the A/C on so I will be hanging on the forum a lot then.
Have a good one!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #19  
Let's salsa!

Uh-huh, I think I was tempting the devil when I talked about free stuff.
A few minutes after I typed my previous post, I got a pop-up from my Outlook reminding me about departmental breakfast this morning. And there was PLENTYYYYYYYY of free stuff, and I ate. In spite of having had my regular breakfast (cereal w. fruit) and being quite full), I had a large tablespoon of scrambled eggs, a tablespoon of home fries, 1 teiny weiny sausage (I think it was turkey) and 2 rashers of bacon (I picked very meaty ones, with little fat, but still). Oh well .......... life goes on ......... but it was good.
There was a ton of pastries (muffins, danishes, donuts, croissants, turnovers) - I ignored all those.
Actually, I am kinda proud of myself because when it was over, I went back upstairs (our staff cateria is in the basement) to get my electronic card, then I loaded another plate high with eggs, sausages and bacon and another one with pastries and took it over to a former colleague (who recently relocated to the IT department, that's why I needed the card to get there). I say I am proud because I did not pop another sausage or piece of bacon into my mouth , I just loaded the plate and took it over to him.
His eyes almost popped out when he saw the food, he said he was starving and attacked it right away. :-)
Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #20  

Scrambled eggs and homefries would have been a problem for me
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #21  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Tomato - free food is hard to turn down, especially if it is good! That was nice to bring some to your coworker.

Susan - the cake with frosting would be a huge problem for me. I do so love frosting, icing, glaze - yum! I could eat frosting all by itself.

I will be around this weekend. I usually am online most times. We are going to take a long bike ride on Saturday. We are shooting for 20+ miles, if the weather holds.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #22  

It's pouring rain here and has been for a couple of hours. I might be forced into indoor pursuits. 3FC and a book, I'm enjoying

I've been struggling with the weekend thing. I almost always lose a little each week but blow the weekend and then have to relose the same weight ... you know how it goes? And some weekends have grown to three days ...er ... more.

I don't seem to be able to keep the horrendous noshing down to one day so, I'm going to skip it all together this weekend.

I'm home alone so I can pick healthily at about 2 or 3 hour intervals. I love that! I think I even have everything I need and don't need to shop.

I've also thought about doing a light leg workout here at home. I don't have to do one at the gym until Wednesday. So it wouldn't hurt anything.

A walk? Maybe ... I don't like an umbrella tho'.

Right now? I'm going to boil a few eggs.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #23  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!
Had those wonderful protein pancakes for breakfast (the egg/oats/cottage cheese ones). I never would have thought I would like them - but with blueberry sauce, they are delicious! Got my morning started off with 30 grams of protein!

We are going for a 25+ mile bike ride in an hour or so. Will likely take us most of the day, as we are going to hang out at the lake and have lunch before coming back to get enough rest.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #24  
Let's salsa!

Fiberlover,

Could you please share the recipe for the protein pancakes? I feel that I am not getting enough protein, and it would be nice to have something else for a change. TIA!

Susan,
What are you reading? I think I won't dare to pick up a book this weekend - if I have a book, I read until the book is done and everything else goes on the back burner (NOT exercise though, of course). The last book I read (last weekend) was Traitor to the Memory by Elizabeth George (her best book, IMHO) - this was the second time I read it.
I feel like a walking corpse today. I was supposed to run this morning but the last few weeks, I am really struggling with sleep and of course I woke up again in the wee hours and after a few hours of tossing/reading/drinking warm milk I was still up when the alarm went off at 5:30. I didn't have the energy to get up, so I snoozed until it was time to go the farmers' market. I am going to the gym for a half-hour core class in 15 minutes, then I am getting a haircut. Hopefully I will catch a few winks after lunch and I will run in the evening.
There was a downpour at night so gardening has to be postponed (yet again).
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #25  

Carol O'Connell writes a series about a female cop called Kathy Mallory. I found one in the lounge at work and quite liked it. I went on the internet and found the rest. I'm on book five.

I'm at loose ends with gardening too, because of the rain. I haven't even been out to make my 'rounds' yet.

Lori's day sounds nice but my legs are aching thinking about that bike ride.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #26  

You! my Tomato friend ... are trying to kill me. That's a 13 book detective series! THIRTEEN BOOKS! How can I pass that up????
Old 06-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #27  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I've had a pretty good couple of days, except my dad sent me some of his home made Croatian sausage and I ate way more than I should have. I'm determined to redeem myself this weekend. This morning I went to the farmers market and picked up two pints of fresh organic strawberries, a pound of asparagus, some fresh beets, one spaghetti squash, and a large bag of plums. Can't wait to dig in!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #28  

Dinner's at Drina's. What time did you say?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #29  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Oh, and did I mention the fresh spinach and goat cheese?

::looks for extra dining room chairs::
Old 06-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

Today I have been on my program 4 weeks and finally passed the 10 lb mark (11.2 pounds). Had my first big challenge when I went to friends for dinner but she's on Weight Watchers so a lot of the food was OK. A friend came over yesterday afternoon and I indulged in 1 extra gkass of wine.

Really need to go grocery shopping but can't get motivated. Thankfully my neighbor brought over some stuff from his garden (cucumber, tomatoes, so I was able to make a nice salad for lunch.

Susan, I wish we were getting some of your rain here in Texas. I'm having to wait until about 8:30 at night to do my 30 minute walk.

Drina, your farmer's market stuff sounds great.
Closed Thread