3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Help There’s a Forest fire (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/143744-help-there%92s-forest-fire.html)

ciliciaclark 06-12-2008 07:26 PM

Help There’s a Forest fire

You guys I have many question but one that really concern me are my thighs they are
Very thick and a little lumpy will walking along help them get into shape (reduce the size of thighs)

LandonsBaby 06-12-2008 07:44 PM

well you can't spot reduce (make fat leave from the place you want) but walking sure does help with fat loss, which will result in your legs becoming thinner. its also good for your heart.

November2007 06-12-2008 07:47 PM

I have inner thigh problems...well, outer too, but inner mostly

ciliciaclark 06-12-2008 07:55 PM

i know i really need some good advice for those inner thighs like now i can't take them any-more

JayEll 06-12-2008 07:57 PM

ciliciaclark, tell us more about yourself. What is your height and weight? How much are you trying to lose?

As one poster said, it's not really possible to spot reduce, but losing weight and having toned muscle helps.

Jay

ciliciaclark 06-12-2008 08:08 PM

I’m 5'7 and weight at 198lb and i want to get down to 165lb I do have hypertension and I’m 22 years of age I’ve been the same weight for one year and I’m ready for change but I’m afraid of failure.
My breasts are huge and they make me very self-conscience when it’s time to exercise or do any thing physical. The same for my backside. I don’t have trouble with my abdominals and again my thighs are very thick and a little lumpy .

moony 06-12-2008 08:46 PM

Cycling did wonders for my buns and thighs, plus it's great cardio and good for your heart. It's also very relaxing, and I personally have fun doing it

chick_in_the_hat 06-12-2008 09:03 PM

I love biking as well. While it's true you can't spot reduce...it sure does help to have muscle underneath when the fat on top is gone. :cb:

Walking is also a great place to start moving. It won't build muscle, but cardio is very important.

I don't really know what to say that might help with the self conscious part...but your profile pic is really pretty. :D If you don't want people to see you working out, there are workout videos you can do in your living room people rave about Leslie Sansone's Walking off the pounds....

Asking questions is good - but what the heck is up with the post title? Were you afraid no one would read your post? 3FC is a very supportive place. :grouphug:

:wel3fc:

ciliciaclark 06-12-2008 09:54 PM

lol sorry about the title (thanks for the sopport)

chickybird 06-12-2008 10:02 PM

Girl, your picture is adorable!
Yeah, the thigh thing is annoying. I try not to wear shorts when I walk so they don't ride up.
As for the bosoms, I've got DD's so I feel your pain. I NEVER run because of back problems, and I don't want to give myself black eyes from bouncing chest parts. Sometimes I wear two sports bras (1 on top of the other) and that helps keep the gals in place. Good luck!

ars 06-12-2008 10:42 PM

If you've got a set of stairs where you live, walk up and down them every day as many times as you can. I've been doing stairs, and it's really helping to tone and minimize the lumpy thigh look as well as my backside.

Gale02 06-13-2008 02:17 AM

I found that while pricey, the Enell sports bras are worth every single penny. I'm a 36DD and had to find something that would deal with the bounce issue. My Enell straps those suckers down, nothing moves at all. In fact, my mom told me that the first time she saw me in that bra she thought "Oh that poor thing, she's losing all of her weight in her chest first!" Hehe... not the case. I can run in my Enell with no bounce (and as such, no black eyes either.) :)