Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240.8/235.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Do you ever wake up and just not want to face the world?

I'm having one of those days. I'm feeling smothered and overwhelmed, and just not wanting to go to work and do what I need to do.

I don't feel like trying to make good choices, bad choices, or any choices today. I want one day where I just don't feel self-conscious or worry about what I'm eating/when I'm going to exercise/what I look like. I just want to be.

I'm having surgery in a few weeks, with a pre-op physical on the 28th, and I think the stress is subconsciously frying my ability to deal with dieting right now. But I want to get down a little bit at least before I go in (even if it's just a couple of pounds).

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get that out.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

awww sweety we all have those days... but sometimes you just have to smile and fake it or grin and bear it...

im sure your surgery will go fine, and preparing your body by eating well and exercising before hand will only aid a speedy recovery xx
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You are going to have many challenges in life but eating won't make you feel better....only worse. If you are having a tough time w/ choices, maybe you could plan and cook your meals ahead of time and sort them out on serving size. I know that's not going to help you right now, but it will in the long run. Maybe you could do something for stress relief that has nothing to do with food. How about a pedicure? What about a walk? Maybe just reading a good book or taking a bubble bath or both? The point is that this is a long journey...a life time journey which requires consistency, regardless of the pain/pressure/disappointments, etc. that we face. Finally, the toughest journey will reap the most rewarding results. Take care. I'm hoping you have a speedy recovery and that you'll know in your heart that you didn't give up. You were a fighter.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hang in there, we all have days like this. And the stress from having a surgery scheduled in the future is probably a bit overwhelming right now! We are often out own worst critics and our "inner monologues" can sometimes harangue us endlessly. So be gentle with yourself right not, you deserve it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yes, sometimes I just want to stay in bed. Don't wanna look at anyone or be looked at either.

SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I know what you mean.

What does your doctor say about your weight? It could be that you should only be trying to maintain your weight before surgery, not lose more. Losing weight is stressful for the body. But I don't know, not being a doctor or health practitioner.

Good luck! Take some time for yourself!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #7  
Likes to eat.....

S/C/G: 196/160/138

Height: 5ft 5 inches

Hi there, I think I have an idea of what you are feeling. I agree with Jay. I had surgery in Feb and I was also trying to lose weight. A week before I stopped and just maintained my weight, you'll need your strength to recover. For me the week after surgery I didn't feel hungry so give yourself a break and pamper yourself with bath's and scented candles....
Best of luck
Jella
Jella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:05 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yep most days at work is one of those days for me....
i manage to get there in knowing im strong though....
stronger than i ever thought i was....

ill put up with agro and hassel....
whereas my colleague will say hes ill....
just to avoid the situation....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Yep, I've definitely been there. When I had 3 children all under 4 years old and was a stay at home mom. Oy some days, but just as children grow older and change your life will too. You are taking the steps necessary to be a healthier you. That will make life easier. Find something fun to do today. Take a little time just for you. Well wishes for a speedy recovery.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote