Christian Encouragers #138

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Stop It !
    Ok you guys "stop it"!!!!
    High winds, 20 degrees, blowing drifting SNOW, power out, phone lines down in areas, this is Canada!
    No more talk of gardening, planting, SOFTBALL !!!!
    We're "envious" up here ok !!!!

Happy Lord's Day everyone.
    God Bless each of you!

In Christ, In Canada,
    Sister Joanne
  • Blessing this morning!
    God does answer prayers. I can remember last year this time I thought this thread was going to die and now look at it! Sorry I have not been here my DD had a basketball tourment in WI. We had a blast but I am glad it is over. Basketball is over!!!!! Now starts dance for the two younger ones..... I wont address everyone because I am behind but I do want to say a big welcome to all the new people. This post has been such a blessing to me. Please keep my FIL in your prayers everyday seems like a new problem. They had to remove a toe sat due to staff infection and he has other places where bone is starting to show through. It is so stressful to watch. (and I am a stress eater)
    God bless you today,
    Sami
  • Good Morning! Wow! This place is really jumping!! It's so great to see so many people here.

I've been gone for the past 4 days and I've missed all of you. I could hardly wait until I got on here to catch up with all of you.

I had a great time in the city at the conference. They treated us royally. The food was awesome and I'm a little afraid to know what I weigh right now. (It's a good thing my scale doesn't work.) I did get a bit of walking in. A store we wanted to visit was within walking distance and it was a brisk walk. It was windy and snowing that day. We went to a dinner theatre the one evening. Very entertaining.

Then on Saturday we went to bury a favorite uncle. It was really sad but you know, when the person knows the Lord it isn't a hopeless feeling but one of celebration for them. We are going to miss him terribly. He was a major part of our lives - especially our sons' lives.

We got home late last night and I'm glad I have today to recuperate before going back to work tomorrow. Thanks to those who made me feel less guilty about going to the conference. It was what we needed!

It sounds like you are all doing great and I have made a resolution to start again today. I might even get out to walk and if not do some indoor walking. I bought a dress for my ds' grad and a couple of weddings we have to go to and I want it to look great on me so no more of this nonsense.

Have a super day!!
  • Hi Everyone--
    Wilma I am so glad things worked out the best they could for you. It couldn't have been easy trying to enjoy yourself under the circumstances. Sami, I will pray for your FIL-- how sad-- I am new at thios site and don't know details, but it can't be pleasant for you--I am sorry.
    Well Ladies I have to go shopping for our big [potato dinner at church on Wed. so I will catch you later--
    Keep up the good work towards a better HEALTH
    IN CHRIST--Gary
  • Blessing this morning,
    Well I blew it yesterday big time. I LOVE the peanutbutter eggs and I ate SOME. Today it is back on track>>>>> I have not gotten on the scale since I got back in town. Please pray for me today I go for the nerve tests and muscle test on my leg.

EZmoney-Thanks for your prayers for my FIL He had a stroke in june and he will do well and then he goes down hill to the brink of death and then he does well for awhile. The sad thing is his job termed him and he lost his income and health insurance and life insurance. It is so hard to watch someone you love go through so much.

Wilma-So sad to hear of the loss of your Uncle. So glad you had a great time at the conference. I think both of us need to get back on track for all the weddings......

Sister Joanne-I hear you we have gone from cold to warm my poor plants don't know what to do.

Blessing to all today
    Sami
  • Good morning!!!!!
    Monica~ I will remember you in prayer this morning, and that you will feel the Lord's presence as you make decisions.
    Wilma~ glad that you are back and that the conference went well.
    Sad too about your uncle. How fortunate though, that your family was blessed with such a wonderful person and good memories of him.
    Sami- will keep you (and that stress eating) and your FIL in prayer.
    Joanne~ I would love to have some more winter here in NY! (I have had it with softball already...........so much of our lives revolve around it and it becomes a borderline obsession). But, spring is coming for all of us- the Canadian cold can't last forever.
    Dee~ I hope that the medication the Dr put you on works. I can't imagine having that much of a weight swing in one week.
    Gary~I could use you here to do some of my shopping. Hope that the potato dinner goes well.

It is off to work for me today.....One of my last days there (I gave them notice last week). I leave with some apprehension, about the change and our finances (I will be taking a cut in pay to stay much closer to home). And just how this will all work out. I do like what I do, but oh the politics and the stress...........

Well, gotta go! I did not mean to end on a down note. Have a blessed day.
    Ginny
  • Good Morning! It's blowing and snowing here today. I sure hope it gets it out of its system soon and then we can look forward to spring. At least its warmed up some.

I got out for a 2 mile walk yesterday and had a huge salad for lunch. Felt great to be on track again.

Last night after a meeting at church I stepped on a patch of ice that had a thin layer of fresh snow on it and wiped out. I'm a little stiff today but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be. Thankfully nothing broke!

Ginny: I hope your last few days at work go well for you. I know this will be a change for the better for you. You'll save money on transportation costs being closer to home!

Sami: Let's both get back on track! I know it'll be hard with all those Easter treats around.

Gary: Thanks for the kind words! I hope your dinner goes well. Are you doing the cooking?

Sami: I'll pray for your FIL. It must be very painful for you to watch him suffer. Turn your attention to God instead of food. You'll get a whole lot more comfort!

Gutchie: Did you send your storm here? I hope your weather is smartening up for you. Be patient. Spring will come!!

Dee: Keep on going. The weight will come off even with the fluctuations you're experiencing. Do you measure yourself? Sometimes that's an even better way to see how you're doing. I measure myself once a month to see how I'm doing and if it increases I know that I have some work to do.

Monica: I'm praying for you as you seek God's guidance for your life. He cares deeply for you!

Hello to all the rest! I better go get some work done around here.

Have a super day!
  • Sorry I haven't been around
    Sorry I've been completely gone guys.. its rather been the week/weekend from ****.

First I had my sleep study done on Thursday (to rule out narcolepsy) I'm not feeling great about it, because every time I fell asleep, I was dreaming, which means I was in R.E.M. sleep, which is not a good sign. Of course, I won't know anything until I go to the doctor, so I shouldn't panic, but its hard not to. When I got home, I made the ww recipie for parmasean pull-bread, and proceded to eat half the pan. I don't know why, probably stupid carb addictions coming through again. Then Friday I had horrible asthma attacks all morning, so I ended up going home. Saturday was with the DH all day, then out with the "girls" at night (DH went to a Chinese buffet with the guys, must of eaten 50 points worth of food... man was I jealous!!!)
    Sunday was at mom and dad's, with my brothers (one real, one might as well be my brother), and made a huge vat of vegetarian lo mein, then went to Youth Group, won the competition and a 14 oz bag of M&Ms. Monday morning woke up with stomach flu, spent the day at home, and once I was feeling better, finished off the ENTIRE bag of M&Ms. I couldn't help it, and I'm allowed to screw up every once in a while... I had also drank 96 oz of water, a new record, and did about 2 hours of really heavy work around the house. (I was feeling MUCH better by about 3 pm.)

I'm also on prednisone because of my asthma attacks, which is killing me. I haven't gained weight, but I'm retaining water like crazy!!! I drank about 64 oz of water between 6 and 9 pm, and if I've "expelled" 20 oz I'd be amazed. Maybe it was just all the choclate.

Anyways, I'm back on the bandwagon, writing down my points.. here's to a new week!!!
  • Hello fellow "losers for the Lord"!!!

Hope your Tuesday is going well. I was pleased w/my weigh-in yesterday, because I knew the few days prior to that I was really struggling w/the munchin. I know part of it is just the nursing Joshua thing, but part is also the poor food choices I had been making....

Anyway.... both dh and I are down 2 more lbs!!! Yeah!!! We've each lost 13 lbs since we started WW four weeks ago. I'm now below my prepregnancy weight.... and so I'm feeling extra good about any loss now!!! We are both at these little "markers"... he's at 220, and I at 160.... so next Monday, when we're BELOW those weights for the first time in who knows how long.... yippee!!!

Ginny - I notice a while back you mentioned softball season again... is this your subtle way of telling me you won't be driving south anytime soon???

Just to share... Joshua will be 6 weeks old on Friday, and is already over 10.5 lbs!! He's gaining what I'm losing! lol
    Hope that doesn't continue... I'm not ready to have a 70lb 1 year old son!!

Have a great day all, I'll be checking in later!

Patricia
    173/160/156 (1st mini)/105ish (final)
  • Good afternoon!
    Wilma- thanks so much for your encouraging words. It really means a lot to me! You are so kind.
    BethAnne- the good thing is that you are taking the right steps to regaining your health! When do you get the test results back?
    Asthma is a toughie- but losing weight will help with that too. Hang in there!
    Patricia- Congrats on the weight loss!! You are doing so well staying OP, and with a nursing baby too! Sounds like I had better get back on OP to or you will be weighing less than me soon! And as for softball season.........who knows. I might have some more time on my hands shortly with my career change.
    Gotta go!
    Have a great afternoon.
    Ginny
  • Well, hello everyone!

My we are a busy place, are we not? Glad to see all the new people, welcome!

Today started out great, I was able to get my devotions in, had breakfast, got ds ready for school, and took the dogs for a quick walk outside! I feel productive. I am back on plan, eating healthy, no illegal carbs(I am doing Sugar Busters).

I am feeling a lot better about turning 30. I was all down and sad and feeling sorry for myself. I got over it. Now I am looking forward to Friday, my birthday, and Saturday, my "party" . It is going to be more like a get together with friends and family. I am excitred though. I love getting gifts, who doesnt?
    Last night my brother and his financee met me,dh and ds for dinner. We had a great tiime, I miss spending time with my family.

Beth Anne- sorry you had such a rough few days. sounds like you are feeling better and back on track. Praying for you!

Sami- I will be praying for your FIL, and for your family. I know that the situation can be hard.

Gary- hope the potato bar went ok!

Well, I guess I better go!
    Pravda
  • Hi!
    Pravda-So glad that you got off to such a great start today! It feels so good when you can get devotions in, some prayer time......study and reflection etc. Good job with the eating too.
    It is hard to go easy on the carbs in our carbo loaded society.
    As far as passing 30. I have been there already...........and a bit! Age is 90% in your head. Let the Lord's light shine, that defies all age!
    Gotta go. I had a busy day, which I survived fairly well. But I am tired now and had better rest up.
    Have a great nite.
    Ginny
  • Hello everyone,skipped out on cheerleading tonight,so I have time to post. Sami- My prayers are with you and your FIL.Peanutbutter eggs? Ooookay, are they good?Please send recipe.I like PB & eggs but have never tried them together. Wilma- Sorry to hear about you uncle.Just think of the fun times you have had with him in your life. I too lost an uncle on Dec27th. Ginny- Good luck with your new job.Its nice to be able to work closer to home. Patricia- Congrats on your new baby and your weight loss. Pravda-Notice your colour is in chocolate. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! To eveyone else,Sherry,Zoe,Monica,Beth-Anne,Tracy,(ya,where is Tracy)Joanne,Gary,&De, have a greaaaat week. I think I'm getting the hang of this.God Bless you all. My s
  • Hello Everyone---
    Just taking a few minutes to check in-- Had a pretty good day at work, came home and did 30 min. on the x-trainer and made dinner for my son and I--and ex-wife stopped by so I fed her too! Made tostadas, pinto beans pureed instead of refried- no -- o.k. very little cheese and lettuce, onion, tomatoe and whole wheat shells-- pretty good. The wife is at an orientation with her daughter and ex for high school in the fall-- class planning, sport interests etc.
    Ginny, I know age is all? in our heads, and I feel mentally young but boy my butt sure aches my age [48] at times!!! Staying closer to home as you know will help in the finance dept. for you. Politics and stress- pretty sure God wants us to stay away from harmfull things! Sami I hope your tests went well!
    Wilma, I am not doing the cooking--- I get to set up for 100 and clean up afterwards--we probably will have around 60 but we set xtra. Don't worry Beth Anne, M&M's are way cool.
    Patricia you and DH keep up the good work and kiss that baby for me. Pravda--HAPPY BIRTHDAY--believe it or not you are still very YOUNG--right ladies?!!
    See you all later--IN HIS LOVE--Gary
  • Good Wednesday
    So, its Wednesday. I am ready to get out of work today. I wish I could be at home, cleaning and taking care of things there!

I still have not weighed myself. I choose not too. I am scared too, truth be told! Anyway, I tried on a dress on Saturday and it was a size SMALLER! So I must be doing something right( if I already told you guys that, sorry, I am just so excited about it!!!!)

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes.

Where is everybody today?
    Have a great Wednesday!

Pravda